CommandantSteele

Community poll: Is crouchspamming a problem? Should it be fixed?

Is crouchspamming a problem? Should it be fixed?  

223 members have voted

1. 1. Is crouchspamming a problem? Should it be fixed?

• Yes, Crouchspamming is a problem and should be looked at/fixed.
    • No, crouchspamming is not a problem and you need to get better at the game.

Pretty much opposed to anything that would slow down APB's gameplay. imo one of the things that separates APB from something like GTA online is the snappy, arcadey gunplay as opposed to the flopping around, turn delay and general clumsiness of games that try to implement realistic physics.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Nevv said:

Pretty much opposed to anything that would slow down APB's gameplay. imo one of the things that separates APB from something like GTA online is the snappy, arcadey gunplay as opposed to the flopping around, turn delay and general clumsiness of games that try to implement realistic physics.

Agreed; combat in battlefield and GTA has always felt "floaty" to me. Like, there's a clear disconnect on what I'm doing and where my shots are landing. With APB, I feel like I'm in control of my character, (despite the guns feeling like they have no weight behind them) I know what's going on and it feels good.

1 hour ago, SelttikS said:

"No, crouchspamming is not a problem and you need to get better at the game."

Well seems you answered your own question and the community voted you correct!

Might need to slow the crouch/rise speed a bit to be more real but honestly it is not a problem.

I'm honestly kinda surprised about the toxicity that such a question has provoked. The reaction images and various accusations are rather disheartening, though I suppose that is merely the cost of doing business.

It seems that people are not used to dealing with someone that isn't going to be upset about being wrong.

59 minutes ago, Freewind said:

I'm honestly kinda surprised about the toxicity that such a question has provoked. The reaction images and various accusations are rather disheartening, though I suppose that is merely the cost of doing business.

It seems that people are not used to dealing with someone that isn't going to be upset about being wrong.

Are you calling voting in your poll as toxic? Not seeing a lot of anything toxic reply wise. No one cares about you being upset or not about being in the minority on any given opinion. Worst reply i saw was the Huge Overwatch video junk that was pasted into the middle of it for no reason.

There's nothing wrong with it. If someone is crouch spamming, just aim low. Hell, you should be aiming at the legs/hips most of the time in APB anyways.

I don't think there's a problem with it.

Like others have said, attempting to address it by limiting or disincentivizing it will slow down gameplay. I don't mean that crouch-spamming is integral to gameplay, but any changes to discourage crouch-spamming will affect other non-related movement situations.

Personally, I equate it to utilizing corners by leaning -- I don't see any reason to add some kind of limiter to leaning.

Edited by Shozonu

I have been thoroughly testing this a long time ago, many people tend to believe it somehow glitched hitboxes. Well that was completely false.

crouch spamming isn't a problem whatsoever, if a guy spamcrouches, aim at his legs and you'll hit him no matter what.

For the cover part, and the hitbox delay it's basically barely noticeable, also don't forget if it's slightly delayed when he stands up, it also delays when he crouches again, so it doesn't change anything to the ability to hit him. 

Edited by Outofmyway

i feel like some people are confusing the mechanics being discussed here - that or im about to make a fool of myself

but im pretty sure the op wants to discuss balancing this:

credit to @SKay for footage

and not people just crouch spamming in a face to face ttk battle

Edited by BXNNXD
credit
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

i feel like some people are confusing the mechanics being discussed here - that or im about to make a fool of myself

Yes, I knew what he was referring to, I still don't see a problem since everyone can do it. If you fiddle with the ducking mechanic you will break the gun because people like to duck no scope with it. Let's focus on hardware and stuff first before we go after game mechanics.

2 hours ago, Puffdragon said:

I still don't see a problem since everyone can do it. 

Everyone could go out and be Hitler tomorrow- you don't have a problem with that?

Lost a lot of respect for 2 people in this thread who chalk up unacceptable mechanics to being "Okay because everyone can do it"

3 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

And thats why ntec is not op at 50m against any weapon with more damage.

1 minute ago, LuzExtinguido said:

And thats why ntec is not op at 50m against any weapon with more damage.

the ntec can do this as well, its almost more effective because the faster fire rate allows you to be a little more unpredictable with the uncrouching

2 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

the ntec can do this as well, its almost more effective because the faster fire rate allows you to be a little more unpredictable with the uncrouching

Wrong. Damage by exposition would be lower from ntec (against weapons with more damage).

I do it most of the time.

Unless its corner to corner then it would be harder, but stil.

45 minutes ago, BuggedOut said:

Everyone could go out and be Hitler tomorrow- you don't have a problem with that?

Lost a lot of respect for 2 people in this thread who chalk up unacceptable mechanics to being "Okay because everyone can do it"

I don't dabble in extreme hypotheticals. Grow up.

8 hours ago, SelttikS said:

Are you calling voting in your poll as toxic? Not seeing a lot of anything toxic reply wise. No one cares about you being upset or not about being in the minority on any given opinion. Worst reply i saw was the Huge Overwatch video junk that was pasted into the middle of it for no reason.

No. That's not toxicity. That's giving an opinion to a question that's asked.

The toxicity part comes in when people are going "Oh this noob wants to nerf crouching? We'll just go and nerf sprinting and jumping while we're at it."

5 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

i feel like some people are confusing the mechanics being discussed here - that or I'm about to make a fool of myself

It's a combination of this while also crouching up and down rapidly in a similar situation. In essence, what this video shows but also crouching up and down constantly without always shooting. 

Fuck no dude, I don't care for the gameplay to be slowed down. Especially when this game has actual boxes as hit boxes and no headshots there is no reason to change anything.

Edited by Flylow

2 hours ago, Puffdragon said:

I don't dabble in extreme hypotheticals. Grow up.

It's not a matter of the hypothetical, but the principal. Just because you do something everyone else is capable of doing does not make it okay.

Edited by BuggedOut

1 minute ago, BuggedOut said:

It's not a matter of the hypothetical, but the principal. L2Brain.

No, it's about being smart enough to keep the topic on track without devolving, into grotesque, straw-man building.

I could sit here all day coming up with reasons why we should throw stupid people into volcanos. Probably helps with the carbon foot print. Take a hike.

1 minute ago, Puffdragon said:

No, it's about being smart enough to keep the topic on track without devolving, into grotesque, straw-man building.

I could sit here all day coming up with reasons why we should throw stupid people into volcanos. Probably helps with the carbon foot print. Take a hike.

And you talk about staying on track. Should I grow up first and then take a hike or.....?

People usually "devolve" to insults when they see the error in their ways and feel there's no going back without saving face. So let's look tough and be a forum edge-lord to do just that. Mine was at least in retort.

And you talk about staying on track. Should I grow up first and then take a hike or.....?

People usually "devolve" to insults when they see the error in their ways and feel there's no going back without saving face. So let's look tough and be a forum edge-lord to do just that. Mine was at least in retort.

Correcting your behavior, and telling you to act mature is not an insult. I weep for your mother.

1 minute ago, Puffdragon said:

Correcting your behavior, and telling you to act mature is not an insult. I weep for your mother.

I'm sorry that this topic pains you so hard. What ever will you do without broken mechanics.

I'm sorry that this topic pains you so hard. What ever will you do without broken mechanics.

My main concern is server stability and cash flow. I think mechanics can be worked on after the engine update. Yes there is an update coming, no I don't know when.

I acknowledge your formal document of butthurt regarding the hvr, I have filed it under T and G, for trash and garbage.

3 minutes ago, Puffdragon said:

My main concern is server stability and cash flow. I think mechanics can be worked on after the engine update. Yes there is an update coming, no I don't know when.

I acknowledge your formal document of butthurt regarding the hvr, I have filed it under T and G, for trash and garbage.

Edgy, but I do agree with the first 2 sentences. Doesn't mean I or anyone else can't express their opinions on things that are being discussed in the meanwhile. If everyone else can, so can I, right?

Edited by BuggedOut

crouching? aim sights at face...

not crouching? that's ok too  they don't need children anyways lol

still dont see the problem.... i do fine with it and im not the elite  on apb