Sign in to follow this  
VanilleKeks

The lack of administrative personal in game

7 minutes ago, VanilleKeks said:

thanks man maybe with that mentality i can get gold

Sry double post.

Yeah OP good counter there.

1 minute ago, BXNNXD said:

you've managed to completely miss the point of the thread and encouraged people to actively break the forum rules

what are you even doing

No the point of the thread I can gather.

Not enough GMs to counter hackers.

I say there just arnt that many hackers. So not many GMs needed, So No more GMs needed, hame just needs to be upgraded, So on point of thread.

Hame = game lol

4 minutes ago, EDDYWRECKER said:

No the point of the thread I can gather.

Not enough GMs to counter hackers.

I say there just arnt that many hackers. So not many GMs needed, So No more GMs needed, hame just needs to be upgraded, So on point of thread.

the point was there isnt enough GM presence ingame, and even when there is its laughably inadequate 

where are your eyes bro lmao

4 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

the point was there isnt enough GM presence ingame, and even when there is its laughably inadequate 

where are your eyes bro lmao

Oh wow. Ah you read my post right????

Not enough gms? More needed???

Most people need gms for?????

1 minute ago, EDDYWRECKER said:

Oh wow. Ah you read my post right????

yeah

you're debating the validity of a symptom instead of offering any input on the root problem

Yes Im debating that there is a problem. Because without the problem there is no need for a solution, so isnt that the ROOT of the problem?

Maybe they seem to have no impact on said cheaters because they arnt cheating??? 

But what am i thinking, it couldnt be that simple could it???

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

Whats your source on these 99% assumptions?

Please post it, because unlike videos of suspected cheaters, that WOULD be allowed.

because the 1% are rich? iono

7 minutes ago, EDDYWRECKER said:

Yes Im debating that there is a problem. Because without the problem there is no need for a solution, so isnt that the ROOT of the problem?

Maybe they seem to have no impact on said cheaters because they arnt cheating??? 

But what am i thinking, it couldnt be that simple could it???

there are far more reasons for GM presence than reporting possible cheating

yet again arguing about the validity of a single symptom 

5 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Incorrect. These statements were made when only volunteers were going to be GM's.

For instance, you may remember a couple weeks ago a player was banned by a GM while streaming and made a big fuss about it.

This was an employee of LO. not a volunteer.

Actually I was unaware of that. I dont watch streams nor do I no life APB as im juggling work, school, my moms cancer and my own injury. If thats the case and GMs do wield the ban hammer then all they need to do is hire more ppl.

3 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

there are far more reasons for GM presence than reporting possible cheating

yet again arguing about the validity of a single symptom 

Give reasons

53 minutes ago, EDDYWRECKER said:

Give reasons

We were discussing new game mode ideas with gm's for a while on Jericho

Also talking about what new cars or hybrids might be good for new content.

1 minute ago, Fortune Runner said:

We were discussing new game mode ideas with gm's for a while on Jericho

Also talking about what new cars or hybrids might be good for new content.

Yes. But why would you need MORE GMs than current?

1 hour ago, EDDYWRECKER said:

Yes. But why would you need MORE GMs than current?

you said give reasons..... those were two that we discuss with them *shrugs*

2 hours ago, EDDYWRECKER said:

Give reasons

Here's a few reasons for GM presence, other than to look out for cheaters:

• Look out for griefers
  • Look out for abusive chatters
  • Look out for glitch abusers
  • Look out for intentional dethreaters

All of which could potentially be handled through Support if sufficient evidence is provided, but would be even better handled through a combination of Support and in-game GM presence.

• Thanks 1

why dont make like other games and give to GM the power of kick players from the instance. That way prevent abusive or false bans

6 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Actually I was unaware of that. I dont watch streams nor do I no life APB as im juggling work, school, my moms cancer and my own injury. If thats the case and GMs do wield the ban hammer then all they need to do is hire more ppl.

Thoughts and prayers to you homie. Lost my dad to cancer 5 years ago. 

18 hours ago, VanilleKeks said:

There's an issue in this game right now when it comes to your staff that I and many others I imagine, are rather unpleased by. While the volunteer GM program is a good idea and their presence is good for the game (to an extent). They seem to lack any form of authority. You have done much already, but this is a major problem that needs to be adressed.

I'd Like to chime in on this.  He's Absolutely right. 

I wanna Thank the GM who came in about 1400 pac time n Told all of em to stfu

These aren't people who maybe get a bit mad and use a racial slur in anger on occasion. (not that, that is ok)

They come in n run around crashing up peps n hollering that Word in caps just to say the word, just to purposely break the rules.

They even said to report the GM. 

I wouldn't be surprised if some of the spanish hate speech ive seen, is purpotraited by people trying to make a certain clan look bad

This isnt an new game. these same peps been doing this kind of thing a few years. Show a lack of morals, refinement..

These are players that most likely use discord or something, n have no reason to use the chat. So they are just going in to ruffle feathers n be toxic. 

I think GMs should be allowed to do 24hr bans on the spot. with a follow up from paid staff

Its only 24hrs, its not like a week or a month or permanent.  So the player would be banned for 24hr, and in that time a paid staffer would review the issue and decide if More than 24 hrs is appropriate..Even a 12 hr ban. or a Chat box ban.

I have no problem with the gms, they have Earned my trust 

18 hours ago, VanilleKeks said:

I wonder if LO actually does proper screening on people that become GMs or have anyone monitoring their actions. LO is a small company for as far as I know, so I doubt they managed to cover everything.

Instead of having volunteer GMs with no power, have properly screened volunteer GMs with some sort of authority.

Can also not do anything about an issue like this olde G1 style. There can't be any people breaking the rules or cheating when there are no people playing, right?

i havent read all the comments, but i dont think they have permitions to ban players.

1 hour ago, Haganu said:

I wonder if LO actually does proper screening on people that become GMs or have anyone monitoring their actions. LO is a small company for as far as I know, so I doubt they managed to cover everything.

They do. 

Lixil vets every volunteer, and afaik trains them as well. 

If you ever have an issue with a GM you can contact Lixil and I assure you she will take the issue very seriously. 

21 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

They do. 

Lixil vets every volunteer, and afaik trains them as well. 

If you ever have an issue with a GM you can contact Lixil and I assure you she will take the issue very seriously. 

It's not really as if I have any issues with a GM personally, but with the way things are going people seem quite displeased. 

I don't know how everything goes behind the scenes, but based on what I keep seeing here is that volunteer GMs have to make a support ticket when dealing with situations that GMs basically exist for. Wouldn't it already potentially be a hundred times faster if volunteer GMs instead would directly message GMs? Preferably through a direct chat.

I also think that kicking from the server and banning up to 24 hours should be allowed for volunteer GMs. If they've been screened and trained by Lixil it shouldn't be going wrong, right?

6 minutes ago, Haganu said:

It's not really as if I have any issues with a GM personally, but with the way things are going people seem quite displeased. 

I don't know how everything goes behind the scenes, but based on what I keep seeing here is that volunteer GMs have to make a support ticket when dealing with situations that GMs basically exist for. Wouldn't it already potentially be a hundred times faster if volunteer GMs instead would directly message GMs? Preferably through a direct chat.

I also think that kicking from the server and banning up to 24 hours should be allowed for volunteer GMs. If they've been screened and trained by Lixil it shouldn't be going wrong, right?

AFAIK GMs have a direct line to LO staff.

So with SPCM gone and Volunteer GM's in place can they also act as a "information desk" like SPCM's used to?

or do they know less about the game then the one's who read all the lore and have dealt with similar issues before

(they are volunteers people I doubt they have any real power)

so i ask again what can they do and then what are they for?

5 hours ago, Zolerox said:

So with SPCM gone and Volunteer GM's in place can they also act as a "information desk" like SPCM's used to?

or do they know less about the game then the one's who read all the lore and have dealt with similar issues before

(they are volunteers people I doubt they have any real power)

so i ask again what can they do and then what are they for?

They are effectively SPCM. Similar list of duties and responsibilities. They do not seemingly have the power to do much of anything on their own. More a conduit to help relay information to or from.

Far as I can gauge they are an extra layer to help keep things in order. A more direct route between player and GM where necessary. Also they do the whole answering questions thing SPCM's used to spend all day doing. 

Duties:

Assist players in the game, be it to fix technical issues or share game knowledge.

Monitor the chat, making sure that all players are following our rules.

Reporting cheaters to our support.

Reporting players who are not following our Terms of Service or Code of Conduct.

Help the community grow, while maintaining order.

Source: 

Sign in to follow this