Sign in to follow this  
VanilleKeks

The lack of administrative personal in game

There's an issue in this game right now when it comes to your staff that I and many others I imagine, are rather unpleased by. While the volunteer GM program is a good idea and their presence is good for the game (to an extent). They seem to lack any form of authority. You have done much already, but this is a major problem that needs to be adressed.

What's the point of having active GM presence when no form of consequences (seem) to occur for anyone breaking the rules? All it does is create an illusion of control when in reality nothing has changed. This will hurt your company reputation over time unless it's adressed. Now I'm sure you guys handle out disciplinary actions, but there's alot left unpunished.

I have two examples of players blatantly breaking the rules of the game without any consequences even after I contacted a GM. The ingame GM's tell you to ask for a whisper when you have an issue, so I have no doubt that this is the correct way.

The first was during a gun game event on Jericho. After hearing the same player shout a particular racial slur for the 10th time, I asked the GM to whisper me, I was assured that the issue was being handled. Yet just a couple of gun games later he's at it again. I'd assume that he was warned the first time, but then he just does it anyway, without nothing happening as far as I know. He kept going until the event ended like nothing ever happened.

The second issue was just now. There's a dude blatantly speedhacking in baylan on citadel. I swapped to financial and there just so happened to be a GM there. So I ask for a whisper as they want you to:

c6b9ce32ff.png

(I censored the GM's name in case naming him/her breaks a forum rule)

And yet, almost two hours later this guy is still speedhacking. Now I don't expect any GM to instantly handle my request. Still, I do wonder what "looking into it" means here. I'm not asking for an investigation of some guy hiding his cheats cleverly. This guy is speedhacking, it doesn't take more than a minute to see that. Considering it shouldn't take more than five minutes for this dude to be banned, this just exposes a big flaw in your current system.

Every time something is reported to a volunteer GM, it has to go through support or whatever channel they use. This drastically delays your response time and in obvious cases like this it creates alot of dissapointment for the players affected. I understand that the volunteer system is most likely a way for you to cut down on resources, but this system is not sustainable for a longer time period. You are disassociating the authority of the <GM> tag by having a bunch of "fake" GMs present. Players will most likely end up contacting your staff less than they already do.

Now this was a complaint thread, I do admit. However I would like to start a discussion on how this can be improved.

Kind Regards

Vanille

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Its better this way. GMs get abusive at any moment as we already seen it multiple times.

The problem is that they dont seem to report or get cheaters (the fucking blatant ones the very least, god) banned for long periods either, or the whole process is way too slow.

Edited by Excalibur!

GM was probably too busy getting that ego stroked to do any actual work. Dont be so hard on em. 

*giggles* 

Just now, CookiePuss said:

GM was probably too busy getting that ego stroked to do any actual work.

I doubt they have much actual work anyway, they're basically like mall cops with only a D battery flashlight and their voice to enforce order with.

Here's an update:

Looks like that speedhacker got banned and now he's back on a new character. It's something.

1 hour ago, VanilleKeks said:

There's an issue in this game right now when it comes to your staff that I and many others I imagine, are rather unpleased by. While the volunteer GM program is a good idea and their presence is good for the game (to an extent). They seem to lack any form of authority. You have done much already, but this is a major problem that needs to be adressed.

What's the point of having active GM presence when no form of consequences (seem) to occur for anyone breaking the rules? All it does is create an illusion of control when in reality nothing has changed. This will hurt your company reputation over time unless it's adressed. Now I'm sure you guys handle out disciplinary actions, but there's alot left unpunished.

I have two examples of players blatantly breaking the rules of the game without any consequences even after I contacted a GM. The ingame GM's tell you to ask for a whisper when you have an issue, so I have no doubt that this is the correct way.

The first was during a gun game event on Jericho. After hearing the same player shout a particular racial slur for the 10th time, I asked the GM to whisper me, I was assured that the issue was being handled. Yet just a couple of gun games later he's at it again. I'd assume that he was warned the first time, but then he just does it anyway, without nothing happening as far as I know. He kept going until the event ended like nothing ever happened.

The second issue was just now. There's a dude blatantly speedhacking in baylan on citadel. I swapped to financial and there just so happened to be a GM there. So I ask for a whisper as they want you to:

c6b9ce32ff.png

(I censored the GM's name in case naming him/her breaks a forum rule)

And yet, almost two hours later this guy is still speedhacking. Now I don't expect any GM to instantly handle my request. Still, I do wonder what "looking into it" means here. I'm not asking for an investigation of some guy hiding his cheats cleverly. This guy is speedhacking, it doesn't take more than a minute to see that. Considering it shouldn't take more than five minutes for this dude to be banned, this just exposes a big flaw in your current system.

Every time something is reported to a volunteer GM, it has to go through support or whatever channel they use. This drastically delays your response time and in obvious cases like this it creates alot of dissapointment for the players affected. I understand that the volunteer system is most likely a way for you to cut down on resources, but this system is not sustainable for a longer time period. You are disassociating the authority of the <GM> tag by having a bunch of "fake" GMs present. Players will most likely end up contacting your staff less than they already do.

Now this was a complaint thread, I do admit. However I would like to start a discussion on how this can be improved.

Kind Regards

Vanille

Matt disassociated the GMs the moment he announced they didnt have the authority to wield the ban hammer and only battle eye did. No matter what improvements are done unless GMs can ban they are completely useless. I to have an issue with the GMs as in the Autums Assault event the other day we had cheaters in the game, now they werent blatent but it was obv they werent legit. 1/3 of the dist was calling for the GM to remove said player and that they were cheating. The GM told everyone to record and send in support tickets. Essentially put the GM blew off the report and said the cheater could get away with it. Thats bullshoot and were calling it out cause we want action IMMEDIATELY, not in 2+ months after the events over and the cheater successfully ruined the game for days on end. Matt needs to srsly look at the GMs and hold them accountable as well as give them power to ban.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Matt disassociated the GMs the moment he announced they didnt have the authority to wield the ban hammer and only battle eye did. No matter what improvements are done unless GMs can ban they are completely useless. I to have an issue with the GMs as in the Autums Assault event the other day we had cheaters in the game, now they werent blatent but it was obv they werent legit. 1/3 of the dist was calling for the GM to remove said player and that they were cheating. The GM told everyone to record and send in support tickets. Essentially put the GM blew off the report and said the cheater could get away with it. Thats bullshoot and were calling it out cause we want action IMMEDIATELY, not in 2+ months after the events over and the cheater successfully ruined the game for days on end. Matt needs to srsly look at the GMs and hold them accountable as well as give them power to ban.

Give player volunteers the ability to ban other players?

Hard pass. 

17 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Give player volunteers the ability to ban other players?

Hard pass. 

Those guys go and actual paid GMs come in. The current GM system wont work and were already seeing it in the lazy GMs and the inability to ban ppl.

35 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Those guys go and actual paid GMs come in. The current GM system wont work and were already seeing it in the lazy GMs and the inability to ban ppl.

We do have some actual LO employed GMs already.

Though it hasn't been stated what powers they have, or if they are different from the volunteers.

Edited by CookiePuss

i had an incredible experience with a GM that came into Citadel and stopped the cheating. it was only for about 30 minutes time, but for 30 beautiful minutes the game play was just plain old fun. even kill counts between most of the players. real "shoot out" gun fights. it was so encouraging to experience and see happen. all the players on the server were pumped... all be it for 30 minutes 🙂

the game just has so many cheaters in it, removing them is going to take huge efforts. and continual investment.

enforcement from battleye that is "close" to accurate... capable of helping and not creating even more havoc.... plus in-game GM's that can escalate issues so corrective action can be taken... all good stuff.

• Like 1

A server admin wouldn't hesitate to ban a cheater. 

Edited by Deadliest

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

We do have some actual LO employed GMs already.

Though it hasn't been stated what powers they have, or if they are different from the volunteers.

They dont have the most needed power that makes a GM a GM, the power to ban. When LO took over Matt said the GM staff wouldnt be able to ban and they could only watch cheaters and foward the info to battle eye. Essentially put a program has more power then a GM which is quite pathetic as not only can they not ban cheaters but they cant suspend griefers either they dont have the authority to. Everything either goes through battle eye or a recording is submitted to support so they can eventually get to it after sev months (sound familiar to anyone? G1 high hacker tolerance in a nutshell) instead of a quick and prompt response that will keep disruptions to a minimum in both time having to deal with them and them being able to ruin play.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

They dont have the most needed power that makes a GM a GM, the power to ban. When LO took over Matt said the GM staff wouldnt be able to ban and they could only watch cheaters and foward the info to battle eye. Essentially put a program has more power then a GM which is quite pathetic as not only can they not ban cheaters but they cant suspend griefers either they dont have the authority to. Everything either goes through battle eye or a recording is submitted to support so they can eventually get to it after sev months (sound familiar to anyone? G1 high hacker tolerance in a nutshell) instead of a quick and prompt response that will keep disruptions to a minimum in both time having to deal with them and them being able to ruin play.

Those Matt comments were in regards to the player volunteer GMs, not paid LO employees.

GM replacement inc

150 people online and people still using cheats...GM just can`t believe that...so he doesn`t bother:)))

Edited by wHisHi

2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Those Matt comments were in regards to the player volunteer GMs, not paid LO employees.

My comments were in regard to the GMs as a whole

20 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

My comments were in regard to the GMs as a whole

Incorrect. These statements were made when only volunteers were going to be GM's.

For instance, you may remember a couple weeks ago a player was banned by a GM while streaming and made a big fuss about it.

This was an employee of LO. not a volunteer.

This is not about there being enough GMs but more about why they dont have more GMs

I feel like I say this daily. To all new players, and old players too.

if you havent noticed ITS AN OLD BUGGY ENGINE THAT IS BEING UPGRADED, and lag, this would explain 99% of teleports and people not dieing when they should,

also Fragile and the injection speed boost this is 99% of most speed haxusations

Players being better than you and knowing where your noob as is, this would explain 99.9% of wall hack accusations.

I put on Kev3 and people go spazzy and think im lagging or hacking. Stupid.

This is a learn the game thing.

Look at your own playing before you start making shit up and adding to the invalid unfounded crap. 

Record, post it and then we can have a REAL discussion about this.

15 minutes ago, EDDYWRECKER said:

This is not about there being enough GMs but more about why they dont have more GMs

if you havent noticed ITS AN OLD BUGGY ENGINE THAT IS BEING UPGRADED, and lag, this would explain 99% of teleports and people not dieing when they should,

also Fragile and the injection speed boost this is 99% of most speed haxusations

Players being better than you and knowing where your noob as is, this would explain 99.9% of wall hack accusations.

Look at your own playing before you start making shit up and adding to the invalid unfounded crap. 

Whats your source on these 99% assumptions?

Please post it, because unlike videos of suspected cheaters, that WOULD be allowed.

I would like to ask the same of the hackusations lol

Me im the sourse. Shit i have seen and vids i have watched of 'hackers'...

Ok well i will use a non quantitative description

Replace 99% with 'almost all in my experience...'

5 minutes ago, EDDYWRECKER said:

I would like to ask the same of the hackusations lol

Me im the sourse. Shit i have seen and vids i have watched of 'hackers'...

Ok well i will use a non quantitative description

Replace 99% with 'almost all in my experience...'

Fair enough.

33 minutes ago, EDDYWRECKER said:

Man 6 years in, guess I'll learn the game

Sounds like you need to.

Just sounds to me like a lot of people getting fooled by confirmation bias

It CANT be me, so must be an external factor of me lol

3 minutes ago, EDDYWRECKER said:

Sounds like you need to.

Just sounds to me like a lot of people getting fooled by confirmation bias

thanks man maybe with that mentality i can get gold

Just sounds to me like a lot of people getting fooled by thier own confirmation bias

1 hour ago, EDDYWRECKER said:

you've managed to completely miss the point of the thread and encouraged people to actively break the forum rules

what are you even doing

Sign in to follow this