StubbyClaps

Maybe Just Fallen Earth 2

The reaction to a new server has been mixed by the community. Maybe the best option is to not renew the old Fallen Earth, but to create a new Fallen Earth. I would like to know others opinions.

What you said is essentially the same thing with only the wording being different. If there was a new Fallen Earth, there would be a new server for it. Even if there was a sequel, or a reboot, there would still be a new server needed.

I remember back in maybe 2014 we players were sent a survey. It asked what we would like to see in FE. The jokes in game afterwards of requests sent were very entertaining but one was for a FE2. People didn't want the same game (as in same missions again) but wanted the game on a new engine, new server with a whole new story line in the FE theme to follow. People wanted something new to engage them.

Trion tried with Defiance 2050 by altering a few core game mechanics but the rest of the game has remained the same. Same missions, same game play. Trion has now sold the company as their last ditch effort to save what was once a great game failed. Making the game more pleasing to the eye did nothing for actual player numbers. No one wants this to be FEs future. A prettier version of a game but nothing new. We all want something new, something to excite us, something fun. A prettier FE will just be that, prettier. Most have already done all the missions, explored all there is to see. What keeps people playing games is fun because isn't that what games are all about? People stop playing when it is no longer fun for them.

Honestly do not think FE on a new engine will bring in thousands of players as some predict. For you can dress up a pig in satin and lace but it is still a pig.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dracio said:

Honestly do not think FE on a new engine will bring in thousands of players as some predict. For you can dress up a pig in satin and lace but it is still a pig.

Did you know if you dress up a kitty in green it becomes a Guiny 😮

This may or may not be edited.

Hello fellow Fallen Earth friends.

"Fallen Earth 2060" 

-Renamed to add 2060

-Fully free 2 play version with enhanced market place(Obtain the audiences you deserve)

-Not everyone wants to pay and to be clear only a legit small circle will at subscription. The other half will get to fuatrated from limitations but, a hand full will stick around anyways if the community isn't toxic(not saying it is/isn't)

-New Engine (dx11,12 or 13)

-Re-polish the models from FE1(reuse)

-Add some better physics(all around)

-Add some radio stations to be found through the game(stretch but, not needed)

-Simplify/Tweak certain systems & mechanic(that players of the past complained about)

-Allow transferring of certain items(paid items but, not all)

-Same missions

-Market towards New Players/Customers (the older player base will say the game isn't as great as the first anyways)

-Give minor incentive towards returning player base (enough just to keep them silent long enough for the new player base to roll-in)

-attempt to cut ties with FE1 (only in ones memories shall the game be remembered)

NOW THEN,

I'd call this a remastered version of Fallen Earth that 

I'm iDerek4Real. I'm really just someone to pay no mind or maybe I am.

On 12/3/2018 at 5:22 AM, StubbyClaps said:

The reaction to a new server has been mixed by the community. Maybe the best option is to not renew the old Fallen Earth, but to create a new Fallen Earth. I would like to know others opinions.

Has their been anything new regarding to the server tho?

On 12/6/2018 at 5:05 PM, Dracio said:

I remember back in maybe 2014 we players were sent a survey. It asked what we would like to see in FE. The jokes in game afterwards of requests sent were very entertaining but one was for a FE2. People didn't want the same game (as in same missions again) but wanted the game on a new engine, new server with a whole new story line in the FE theme to follow. People wanted something new to engage them.

Trion tried with Defiance 2050 by altering a few core game mechanics but the rest of the game has remained the same. Same missions, same game play. Trion has now sold the company as their last ditch effort to save what was once a great game failed. Making the game more pleasing to the eye did nothing for actual player numbers. No one wants this to be FEs future. A prettier version of a game but nothing new. We all want something new, something to excite us, something fun. A prettier FE will just be that, prettier. Most have already done all the missions, explored all there is to see. What keeps people playing games is fun because isn't that what games are all about? People stop playing when it is no longer fun for them.

This concept isn't bad. I started a new char and started playing up, and it needs a lot of gameplay help, but it's not bad conceptually.