LuddeBoii

This whisper I got from a GM

Tell him no and then keep winning.

Assert your dominance.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit
  • Like 4

this was already officially stated.

since only the first place gets the skin, they tried to ask people to not aim for first place that much...

wouldn't say this is a good solution though... however, they are probably out of other options atm.

First off, I really appreciate that message from the GM. It's lighthearted and tongue-in-cheek-ish.

However, let's hope this is another learning experience for LO. Asking players not to win (in an event where the objective is to win) is... objectionable. So the event/reward design could definitely be better. On the other hand, let's hope they stay away from catering to the lowest common denominator - like people who refer to winning repeatedly (in an event where the objective is to win) as "griefing".

• Like 5

50 minutes ago, LuddeBoii said:

today was a Good day

what are the technical parameters Latency (ping) and FPS ? 

a) The event is poorly implemented for this to even be necessary

b) This has been said multiple times and you're just being a banana for not paying attention to it

• Like 1

btw this is the same guy who said "not everybody have to get it" when i ask for the 1st place skin and how most players not gonna be able to get it..better to watch out being a smart patootie in already dead game

Edited by TheMessiah

Just now, TheMessiah said:

btw this is the same guy who said "not everybody have to get it" when i ask for the 1st place skin and how most players not gonna be able to get it

yea dogshit GM 😕 

• Thanks 2

This whole idea of "Let someone else win" is just so poorly executed. I even saw a video of a GM kicking this one player over and over... They could've easily done it so the 2nd place would've gotten the reward, IF the 1st place had already won it before. Its an event intended for everyone, right?

The behavior and how this company runs this game is a joke, instead of figuring out a solution to your dogshit of an event you go out and ask people not to win, Great solution little orbit.

Honestly the only good thing you did to this game so far was adding the feature that your crosshair turns red when aiming at enemy deployable shields so that way you can collect more evidence for the apes who review cheat reports and actually prove triggerbots.

• Like 1

If anything, the system by which players receive the reward is flawed at best. I've had someone win round N, then the same person won round N+1 in which I finished in second place. I pointed out that the player had already won and the prick had the nerve to write in /d "better luck next time :)". Not gonna lie, I feel cheated out of the prize because of that.

I'm still thankful for LO organising this little event, since even despite its shortcoming it's still a lot more than what G1 had "given" us over the last couple of years, however I have to say that there are some big flaws regarding the event. For starters, the rewards should be distributed to the first available person who meets the condition (if #1 has the skin already, give the skin to #2; if #1 and #2 have the skin already, give the skin to #3 and so on) - this incentivizes further gameplay and makes sure that everyone has a shot at winning the grand prize.

Edited by MartinPL
Missing ) symbol.

LittleOrbit had good intentions but with a element of anonymity that comes with the internet and no real hard restrictions, polite requests or orders will fall on a few deaf ears.

Some consideration into a more preventative measure wouldn't go a miss please?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, hack said:

The behavior and how this company runs this game is a joke, instead of figuring out a solution to your dogshit of an event you go out and ask people not to win, Great solution little orbit.

Honestly the only good thing you did to this game so far was adding the feature that your crosshair turns red when aiming at enemy deployable shields so that way you can collect more evidence for the apes who review cheat reports and actually prove triggerbots.

real

Honestly feels like APB before BE at this point. There are people literally streaming with cheats, and not getting banned. There's a dude speeding around in waterfront like Tracer from Overwatch and you guys don't do jackshit to combat it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Lumshedens said:

real

Honestly feels like APB before BE at this point. There are people literally streaming with cheats, and not getting banned. There's a dude speeding around in waterfront like Tracer from Overwatch and you guys don't do jackshit to combat it.

This is one of the reasons I stopped playing missions. I mean it's easy to counter cheaters but why should I be facing trigger botters who have been cheating for months, It's not fair for players. It doesn't feel like the company is doing anything to ban cheaters at all. One of the bigger cheat providers is still running around on his main account where he has been cheating since the implementation of Battleye. The worst thing is that he has been streaming with the cheats and he is still not banned like wtf? I am all for gathering data to ban the right people but not banning obvious cheaters who are speed hacking and showcasing their cheat on stream is just stupid and it feels like the game providers doesn't care at all. For the moderators suggesting us to send evidence to support there is literally no point, If it takes around 3-4 months for them to respond. Normal game companies respond to tickets within 48 hours.

• Like 3

I mean...give that GM a metal, he told u to give others a chance in the nicest way :')

It might look funny, but I see no problem here. GM kindly asked so others could win too, but nothing changes the fact that only the best, and the luckiest ones can win this. I dont even play this event as I am not interested in this event, and its rewards. Just deal with it. U wont go to SC2 championship and ask old winners for letting u win so u can get the reward too, lol.

• Thanks 1

So instead of modifying the event so that in the case of repeat winners the skin goes to second place (still allowing people to farm the joker tickets), LO has GMs "asking" players to let others win?

LO/10 job guys.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Tell him no and then keep winning.

Assert your dominance.

lol

2 hours ago, TheMessiah said:

btw this is the same guy who said "not everybody have to get it" when i ask for the 1st place skin and how most players not gonna be able to get it..better to watch out being a smart patootie in already dead game

Gitgud

49 minutes ago, AxeTurboAgresor said:

It might look funny, but I see no problem here. GM kindly asked so others could win too, but nothing changes the fact that only the best, and the luckiest ones can win this. I dont even play this event as I am not interested in this event, and its rewards. Just deal with it. U wont go to SC2 championship and ask old winners for letting u win so u can get the reward too, lol.

Nice excuse, but you wouldnt be able to get it anyway. Gitgud

5 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

So instead of modifying the event so that in the case of repeat winners the skin goes to second place (still allowing people to farm the joker tickets), LO has GMs "asking" players to let others win?

LO/10 job guys.

Gitgud

3 hours ago, LuddeBoii said:

20181202185401_1_-_kopia.jpg

today was a Good day

Gj!

LO really shouldnt listen to all these whining scrubs...

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:

learn2read

2nd place is for losers.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

So instead of modifying the event so that in the case of repeat winners the skin goes to second place

And so on 3rd, 4th, 5th and etc?

Just now, xHenryman90x said:

And so on 3rd, 4th, 5th and etc?

Si senor.

Mainly I think its a bad idea, given the small number of players involved (especially on Jericho), to remove people from the event.

Plus a LOT of players are eager to take advantage of the amount of joker tickets they can farm from the event.

Simply disallowing repeat winnings of the skin without barring players from enjoying the event seems the logical solution.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Si senor.

Mainly I think its a bad idea, given the small number of players involved (especially on Jericho), to remove people from the event.

Plus a LOT of players are eager to take advantage of the amount of joker tickets they can farm from the event.

Simply disallowing repeat winnings of the skin without barring players from enjoying the event seems the logical solution.

Yeah, why not just give it to every player who plays the event then?

20 minutes ago, Halelulia said:

Yeah, why not just give it to every player who plays the event then?

Honestly I wouldn't care.

Its an ugly skin in a dead game.

Check your priorities fam.