APB Uses BattleEye....

14 minutes ago, GhosT said:

Yeah I noticed that you're pretty confused today.

Why are you confused about this specific thing though?

LO even said that when they acquired APB.

Well FF was clearly implemented, so I'm wondering what you mean isn't implemented in specific.

LO said a lot of things, I don't think they said though that FF wasn't implemented. I don't even know what it would mean for FF to not have been implemented into APB, seeming as it ran and banned around sixteen thousand accounts.

Do you mean it wasn't properly implemented? That not all of its features are implemented? Fairfight was implemented into APB, so what do you mean.

*EDIT* Before anyone says anything, I know FF didn't autoban, but that's simply because it was off, they could have had it on if they wanted to.

1 hour ago, BXNNXD said:

i assume he’s talking about orbit revealing that fairfight wasn’t maintained and wasn’t configured correctly, at least at the time of orbits acquisition of apb

Thanks. Yeah, it wasn't maintained from what he said, kinda' like the rest of APB.

Still, even at the end of RP it was implemented and still banning people.

Edited by Kewlin

Is it bad if I preferred FairFight? 

The concept of it at it's core. Not the implementation old G1 left collapsing in on itself for so very long. Clearly running in a state it shouldn't have been. Along with bans being operated in a rather questionable manner, to say the least.

Behavioral analytics can yield absurdly solid results if done properly. Not being reliant on detecting the cheat directly, but instead finding the patterns themselves is something cheaters can't really evade anywhere near as effectively. It can also shore up the whole problem with obscure cheats going undetected for long spans of time. I really fail to see the direct benefit of more traditional solutions over it. Except as an extra layer of prevention. 

Not to say that the current solution isn't doing something. I couldn't tell you one way or the other. I haven't been too terribly active, and yeah. Not a clue. Maybe it is better or maybe it's worse. 

19 minutes ago, Genobee said:

~snip~

No, I kinda' agree, though I think ideally both would be run side by side. At first I was hesitant to accept FF, but I think it definitely is a solid anti-cheat when used correctly.

That's why E-Sports will be always are BIG JOKE and that's why LO unbanned everyone! its just all about the money and it will always be.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, TrashCan said:

That's why E-Sports will be always are BIG JOKE and that's why LO unbanned everyone! its just all about the money and it will always be.

Do you expect everything to be free in life?

What???

Your usual BE sucks and everyone is cheating thread. (BE does suck though.)

11 hours ago, TrashCan said:

LO unbanned everyone because of how bad G1 handled things. Between PB's bugs, FF's half arsed rulesets, and signs of GM's abusing power, LO didn't trust G1.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrsHappyPenguin said:

LO unbanned everyone because of how bad G1 handled things. Between PB's bugs, FF's half arsed rulesets, and signs of GM's abusing power, LO didn't trust G1.

Didnt hurt player numbers at the time either.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ariana said:

I thought siege uses fairfight, not battleEye?

Fairfight is only really used to monitor social stuff in Siege.

This game should just drown and die taking G1 with itself. They both didn't deserve to be bought.

9 minutes ago, Clandestine said:

This game should just drown and die taking G1 with itself. They both didn't deserve to be bought.

Yeah, but that would mean the forums closing and then what would you do with your free time?

On 12/5/2018 at 2:49 PM, CookiePuss said:

Yeah, but that would mean the forums closing and then what would you do with your free time?

make pancakes?

Edit : Downvote? pancake hater

Edited by Fortune Runner

1 minute ago, Fortune Runner said:

make pancakes?

Can I come over?

Just now, Kewlin said:

Can I come over?

but of course

edit : I cant think of one single person who wouldn't be welcome

Edited by Fortune Runner
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

but of course

edit : I cant think of one single person who wouldn't be welcome

I'll bring the nutella.

17 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

I visit those forums few times per week and play games with 40k+ /pop

28 minutes ago, Clandestine said:

I visit those forums few times per week

Might be time to stop.

APB is an addiction.

Doesn't matter if we have Battleeye or if something better comes out for us.

We all know we have been here all these years because that APB addiction is in our veins.

And we love it for that

2 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

APB is an addiction.

We all know we have been here all these years because that APB addiction is in our veins.

And we love it for that

Well, it's the only game of its kind in existence right now. We don't really have any options.

Its an addiction there are no options only  APB

Once you are addicted you cant hide you cant run away

Only the sweet bliss of making the town red

On 12/7/2018 at 6:38 AM, Fortune Runner said:

APB is an addiction.

And we love it for that

As a friend of mine said who doesn't play this game. "It's like your crack isn't it?"