Mitne

For real. What do you think is REAL problem of APB right now?

Hey.

I put it in off-topic for once since I think it's more of thoughs and feeling of players than rational statistic based data... but sure if you wanna you can drop that one too.

Basic question:

"What do you think is BIGGEST current cause of playerbase fall down in numbers?"

My personal though:

Toxicity caused by players copuled together with unforgiving and a bit stupid learning curve.

Frustration release allowed. I ask people to not downvote these comments, especially since I probably foresee such comments will be exact reason for that user to quit APB. But spam to enforce your opinion? Sure. Downvote all the way.

I want to see if my point of view is any right in eyes of others.

Edited by Mitne

Almost everyone who would want to play APB and has the patience to play it already came and went because they didn't feel there was any reason to continue playing the game, for whatever reason, whether that be lack of new content, perceived bad balance, disliking the owners, or even just that it's old now and they've moved on to other games.

• Like 1

because there is nothing to play for , no challenges , no new content , nothing.I don't even know why I wasted 4 years playing this..maybe it was fun before ;-; 
Also they merged my char to Jericho now I get 300+ ping so  fk it, but that's not that real reason why I stopped playing tho :V

5 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

game no work

but... it just works

Edited by Mitne

Toxic manchildren, consisting of at least 50% of the population, and lack of content.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mitne said:

Hey.

I put it in off-topic for once since I think it's more of thoughs and feeling of players than rational statistic based data... but sure if you wanna you can drop that one too.

Basic question:

"What do you think is BIGGEST current cause of playerbase fall down in numbers?"

My personal though:

Toxicity caused by players copuled together with unforgiving and a bit stupid learning curve.

Frustration release allowed. I ask people to not downvote these comments, especially since I probably foresee such comments will be exact reason for that user to quit APB. But spam to enforce your opinion? Sure. Downvote all the way.

No, you can put it on general since its talking about the game, "Discuss all things APB Reloaded related here!".

-First of all, cheaters/ spammers. They are roting apb and they need to seriously combat these bug people.

-Low population

-An objective that keep players glued to the game. Legendaries were a nice objective until they starting nerfing them and spam trash guns -everytime more and more trash-.

-A more flexible way to rank up your characters. There are plenty of people that really enjoy playing other maps like FC and not action districts. Plus ranking up barely rewards the player. Meh i talked about this in other post and went completly ignored, w/e.

-Some fresh air with new maps and modes. For some reason i really enjoyed transporting stuff in the toxic event and not just focused on killing.

And yet, i have this crazy idea to make the game even more casual since they can't fight cheaters: lower ttk to a new average half second (just make weapons more powerful and letal); remove everything negative from mods (cars, characters, etc.); increase spawn time speed so everyone can kill each other more frecuently.

In gral, making the game more enjoyable, challenging and easier.

Edited by Excalibur!

15 hours ago, Mitne said:

You did not take into consideration that people here cannot read and/or get offended easy

Edited by _chain

2 hours ago, Excalibur! said:

No, you can put it on general since its talking about the game, "Discuss all things APB Reloaded related here!".

I asked for most important of all reasons. I know every single reason why people leave here - I face every problem myself after all. Some leave because one thing and others because other one. It's generalization but I want to see what is the most burning problem APB faces today.

1 hour ago, _chain said:

You did not take into consideration that people here cannot read and/or get offended easy

I try to never take people feelings into considerations - because most of time they are irrational.

The mission system and progression. This includes the spawn system.

There's too many missions that are impossible to progress due to all players spawning within range of the objective. Mobile spawner adds to this, and the spawn waves means the whole team can spawn in the same location, at the same time, next to the objective, immediately after you finished wiping the last team member. For normal spawns, they should be placed 125 to 150M distance from the objectives, and at least 75M from players, which should include final stage item holds and VIP players. Mobile spawner should also fall within these spawn rules.

With the low population, players are unable to rank up their character because there is not a waterfront or financial district populated enough to start an opposed mission. This means they cannot unlock the higher tier mods and vehicles which can be essential to winning and progressing even further. This severely hurts free-to-play players, the core playerbase who keep the whales around. What I suggest is allow players to rank up contacts on all districts, including fight club. Premium should double the standing earned to make it worth purchasing.

Edited by MrsHappyPenguin

Content , lack of reasons to log in "Daily Events" Dynamic event mechanic that used to be working

(was causing lag during missions so g1 disabled it)

Content: They said they will release 2 new contacts (wild stab in the dark it's the 2 contacts haunting the loading screens in enforcer/criminal character selection scenes.

Lack of reasons to log in: The daily event tracker that used to be a good way to get people to log in then a good way to make them team kill 5 people just for a reward,

Dynamic events were great if missions really ticked you off you can go play "The Butcher" for a few mins get 60 kills then drop the gun.

On the other hand Drug mule gave enforcers effectively a alternative way to "ram raid" mugging D-Dealers and make quick cash.

Edited by Zolerox

The mass amount of old users who can't login because the password reset system doesn't send out an email to reset their passwords.

I have multiple friends now who can't sign in because of this. They stopped playing around the time G1 required everyone to reset their passwords. Since they didn't play at that time, they figured they could do it later. Well, now they can't...

Edited by MrsHappyPenguin

The amount of shit a brand new player has to go through to get the game working.  I recently had about 5 friends start playing APB and all but one of them were encountering issues getting into the game.  One got locked out of his account after his game crashed and it said he was still online the next day, so he ended up making a new account since he didn't have any progress yet anyway.  The others first ran into performance issues and other weird technical things.  We ended up getting all of their problems sorted out, but still, that was an entire night of trying to get the game working for the 4 of them that had problems.  The other managed to get it running perfectly fine, and advanced launcher (set to max???) fixed the performance issues for the others.

Other than technical issues, I'd say the extremely underwhelming progression system.  It just doesn't feel like you're really "progressing" once you unlock all the base weapons and cars.  From there on it's mostly just preset junk during the grind to R195, then once you reach that everything feels even more meaningless.  You've made it nearly to max rank, here's a flare gun. Woohoo.  It would be a lot of work but it would be awesome if they would remove the preset garbage unlocks from the contacts (You would still unlock it, but it wouldn't show in a contact's menu) and replace it with something meaningful.  Preset guns are fine up to a certain level, but by the time you hit 195 you shouldn't need to lease presets anymore, so there's no sense unlocking them from then on.

Sure, our little community is trash but I REALLY disagree with the idea that that's even the start of why the population got so low.  Most people have thick enough skin to ignore the real douchebags.

3 hours ago, BrandonBranderson said:

The amount of shit a brand new player has to go through to get the game working.  I recently had about 5 friends start playing APB and all but one of them were encountering issues getting into the game.  One got locked out of his account after his game crashed and it said he was still online the next day, so he ended up making a new account since he didn't have any progress yet anyway.  The others first ran into performance issues and other weird technical things.  We ended up getting all of their problems sorted out, but still, that was an entire night of trying to get the game working for the 4 of them that had problems.  The other managed to get it running perfectly fine, and advanced launcher (set to max???) fixed the performance issues for the others.

Other than technical issues, I'd say the extremely underwhelming progression system.  It just doesn't feel like you're really "progressing" once you unlock all the base weapons and cars.  From there on it's mostly just preset junk during the grind to R195, then once you reach that everything feels even more meaningless.  You've made it nearly to max rank, here's a flare gun. Woohoo.  It would be a lot of work but it would be awesome if they would remove the preset garbage unlocks from the contacts (You would still unlock it, but it wouldn't show in a contact's menu) and replace it with something meaningful.  Preset guns are fine up to a certain level, but by the time you hit 195 you shouldn't need to lease presets anymore, so there's no sense unlocking them from then on.

Sure, our little community is trash but I REALLY disagree with the idea that that's even the start of why the population got so low.  Most people have thick enough skin to ignore the real douchebags.

Something is in it.

APB is bug-fest in every sense. Technically and even in gameplay... It drives away most of people on first run that way.

Unless you are completionist like me, you won't find real drive to even try being R255 and worse, after that to do anything other. Alternative way of grinding, some proper rewards than decal for leveling up contact and some pocket money... maybe even some events in action district which count to progression would help?

APB seems to have zero casual or fun capability. All you do is grind, grind, grind.

LO seems to try to fix that with a lot of events but in long run it might not be so good decision...

Some active permanent event district of some kind with random rewards (such as even permanent weapons for 1st place weekly) might drive in newbies. Especially if activites are not just straight-up "KILL X of X in X way" but either some activity - maybe street race, pursuit, sieges etc. and activity correspond to them (like "Win 1 street race", "Succesfuly stop chase/Succesfuly evade enforcers" etc etc.)

Problem is current engine barely supports current things. I guess everything is for future which hopefully is UE 4... not game death. We start to lose even veterans in this game recently.

Edited by Mitne

On 12/2/2018 at 8:53 PM, BXNNXD said:

game no work

why say many words when few do same

• Like 1