Sign in to follow this  
Nitronik

Buff the SBSR once more

It's ya boy Nitro-Nik with another ShittySuggestion(tm)

After being miracolously killed by a SBSR IRS , curiosity got the best of me.
I've leased the gun, put some hours into it and oh boy.. I can see why everyone tells potential customers to steer clear of it.

The good : it has the fastest TTK of any 3shot sniper rifle, it has a 1x walk modifier (so mobsling is an option) and it's full auto so minTTK is easy to achieve at shorter ranges

The bad : Damage is laughable, the recoil makes minTTK at anything further out than marksman range not really feasible, the accuracy kinda sucks unless you use Hunting Sight, it slows you down an awful lot

Here are some thoughts on the weapon, with ideas on how to make it at least desiderable, if not competitive :

Accuracy : This weapon weighs you down just like any other sniper rifle, but it doesn't have the accuracy to compete unless you slap Hunting Sight 2 or 3 on it.

Why not change the crouch multiplier to 0.9 (from 1) ? The weapon's low mobility would make you deal with either being a sitting duck or not being as accurate as you'd want to be, making it be in line with other sniper rifles (IRS) & at a disadvantage against the Obeya / OBIR (Coroner)

Damage : Three shots from this gun only deal 1050 health damage. Even equipping kevlar 1 will drastically worsen its TTK.

Consider buffing damage per shot up to 395 to bypass kevlar 1 (also give the Coroner a bit of overdamage for longer ranged shots, giving it more of a purpose against OBIR)

or-Increase it to 400 so that the weapon can punch through Kevlar 2, putting the gun's damage output on par with the DMR-SD

Magazine Size Consider adding one more bullet to the magazine, so you can raise kill-per-mags ratio to 3 (like on the HVR-762).

Its reload time already matches that of other snipers! This would also make it more formidable as an AV weapon, allowing it to critically damage tougher cars like the Espacio or Pioneer without the need to reload - while also keeping its Hard Damage Per Second average

Bloom Recovery :  It's awful, but I actually would suggest against changing this stat. Keep it as it is

It actually makes Cooling Jacket have a downside, which is a good thing given the TTK and drop off range of the weapons

Edited by Nitronik
formatting
  • Like 5

I don't really use Snipers much , but one thing i can say

SBSR series feels like guns that wants to feel , "snappy" or "reactive" , i know coroner and irs are two different weapons , but id' suggest to apply those changes to both of them :

Reduce their recoil by 50% as they have a high firerate for snipers and are automatic , while this seems like a minor issue i think having less recoil makes shot placement much easier wich is very important for a sniper , right now SBSR have such a brutal kick that landing those 3 shots requires higher than average recoil management without giving any substantial benefit.

Increase their hard damage to 145  Actually all snipers in APB do quite a bit of hard damage but their Anti Vehicle performance is limited by their firerate , wich is why ISSR and DMR series have an advantage , but SBSR imo lacks hard damage , im proposing to rise up it's hard damage to make it able to destroy vehicles much easier while preventing it to kill high tanky vehicles in a single mag . while keeping it under the mighty DMR-AV

Reduce their zoom level by 5 Degrees Why 5 ? because i think that weapon has a bit too much zoom for something that plays this way , removing 5 degrees is just enough to have a slightly wider field of view making it a better all rounder .

The changes that im proposing , would make SBSR more of an all rounder , but also more convenient weapon to use .

For your proposition on the damage change im all in for it , it seems reasonable and gives a reason to use this sniper .

The magazine one , if i take into account  the changes i proposed , im against it ,as it would make it too strong against vehicles , but if we ignore my suggestion , then yes.

as for the weapon's accuracy i wouldn't change anything honestly.

Edited by Ketog
fails.
  • Like 6

11 hours ago, Ketog said:

The magazine one , if i take into account  the changes i proposed , im against it ,as it would make it too strong against vehicles , but if we ignore my suggestion , then yes.

Magazine size increase benefits both AntiVehicle and Players, as well as all blue mods - which is why I thought of that vs a Hard damage increase

Edited by Nitronik

the Coroner being a Marksman Weapon shouldn't get any of the damage buffs the IRS needs because the coroner doesn't have the max range.

On 6/6/2019 at 7:29 PM, Kafuwu said:

the Coroner being a Marksman Weapon shouldn't get any of the damage buffs the IRS needs because the coroner doesn't have the max range.

Overdamage allows its range to be indirectly extended, as well as bypassing Kevlar - something to consider!

get rid of the recoil curve

reduce movement penalties to nssw/euryale levels 

pick a weapon class - either make the irs identical to the coroner and move both into the rifle category or make the coroner identical to the irs and move both into the sniper category, otherwise we’ll always have an issr-a/issr-b situation where one variant completely replaces the other

depending on which weapon class is chosen, damage (and range) can be altered:

-if snipers then damage should remain the same, hard damage should also remain the same

-if rifles then damage should be increased to 400 but range should be lowered to keep effective range primarily the same, hard damage should remain the same or be buffed slightly to further push the sbsr into an av niche within the rifle class

On 8/9/2019 at 7:20 PM, Soundwave2142 said:

Are you the guy who made Green Army mod?

oh no they found me out
ononohohohononon

Edited by Nitronik

I'm liking these "suggested changes" for a sniper that can kill faster then a HVR (only barely) All it needs now is a 3 slot version and I'm sold on it (I already liked it but i swore of snipers after i maxed it)

4 minutes ago, Zolerox said:

I'm liking these "suggested changes" for a sniper that can kill faster then a HVR (only barely) All it needs now is a 3 slot version and I'm sold on it (I already liked it but i swore of snipers after i maxed it)

Boy have I got good news for you!

5 hours ago, Soundwave2142 said:

Give me free cd-keys or i'll tell everyone

Looks like everyone now knows

Edited by Nitronik