On one hand, when I see people use the OSCAR, they tend to dominate with it and absolutely shred anyone in their way, long range and short range.

On the other hand when I use the OSCAR, I can barely hit anyone at range even though the Joker Carbine and OBIR can both manage long range poking just fine, and when I try to CQC with the weapon my need to adhere to proper fire rhythms means that people with full auto weapons can just hold the button down and delete me.

So, what gives? How do I use this thing right? What mods does everyone run for it?

Orange mods are...

I wouldn't worry too much about that.

Blue, Red, and sometimes purple are where it's at.

Red you want is IR3 for that +7 in range.

CJ just increases the RoF for the burst, not decreasing the time between bursts.

HB, stay away.

Blue mods, Magpul 2 maybe.

Maybe.

Bando and Ext mag I wouldn't worry about.

That gun is more tactics IMO than anything else.

Use the environment to keep throwing the enemy off.

If they're using CA3(They are) keep suppressing them/keep the heat on them.

And the people you're seeing using the OSCAR, chances are they've been dominating with other guns too.

• Like 1

On 11/29/2018 at 8:07 PM, Freewind said:

On one hand, when I see people use the OSCAR, they tend to dominate with it and absolutely shred anyone in their way, long range and short range.

On the other hand when I use the OSCAR, I can barely hit anyone at range even though the Joker Carbine and OBIR can both manage long range poking just fine, and when I try to CQC with the weapon my need to adhere to proper fire rhythms means that people with full auto weapons can just hold the button down and delete me.

So, what gives? How do I use this thing right? What mods does everyone run for it?

OSCAR is a Triggerbotter weapon ,I ve seen so many Kids with it triggerbotting ,OSCAR works for those cheater ,who use AHK programms,dont believe them ,if they wanna tell ya something about the upgrades you should have for that weapon,....this weapon is a mess ,and dont let your self get trolled by cheaters.

2 hours ago, Atomkraftwerk said:

OSCAR is a Triggerbotter weapon ,I ve seen so many Kids with it triggerbotting ,OSCAR works for those cheater ,who use AHK programms,dont believe them ,if they wanna tell ya something about the upgrades you should have for that weapon,....this weapon is a mess ,and dont let your self get trolled by cheaters.

1 hour ago, LoveForMatt said:

Sadly this imo.

I reported one guy that been cheating for really long time. He uses spotter to simulate his wallcheating. I have no idea how he never got caught. His aim with oscar, speed for kill both in cqc and long distance is totally absurd. He would even kill me doing circles really fast, he never misses a bullet. I need to constantly retreat and catch him low guard (that mostly never happens) to try to kill him and thats not guaranteed.

I seen him doing stuff that doesnt worth naming... it pisses me so much off that he can keep his account after going so rampant.

Seeing a cheater just turns me insane.

These two people are dumb as fuck. They are both new, ignorant to the games fundamentals, have no proof to back up what they say and are completely bullshitting what they describe. I'm sorry you have to deal with them OP. I hope you continue to play the game.

On 11/29/2018 at 2:07 PM, Freewind said:

The current "standard" for mods on an OSCAR are RS3/IR3 because well, damage dropoff is a cancer, and hipfire gives you the best of both worlds provided you are okay with smaller models further away.

The primary thing you need to get down with the OSCAR and any marksman weapon really is the firerate. It's important to fire consistently at the point where you can hold max ROF without "jamming" the weapon. If you click too soon, it will delay your next shot and that can cost you the fight. Mastering this consistent click speed is absolutely vital to any Marksman weapon and it's what most people get stuck on, so they resort to things like the scroll wheel and wonder why they still suck. (and please, never try the scroll wheel, you will only hinder yourself.)

When you aim, you need to track your opponent for a split second after every shot to ensure all parts of your burst land. With the minor recoil the gun has, it can be very unforgiving, especially when combined with its TTK. If you miss once or twice, it will easily cost you the fight.

Theres not really any tricks to it, thats about it. Just practice, it's a unique gun and theres not anything that handles like it so yeah...

One thing to be warned, this game does suffer from severe hitreg issues. You won't be plagued by it 24/7, but, it is very very likely you will lose the occasional fight due to poor hit registry.

Feel free to contact me with any questions, i've played this game since the RTW days pretty consistently.

Edited by Virgil
  • Like 3

Tbh I thought I suck with OSCAR too, but I just pushed myself to still use it even when I was about to change the gun to something else and at the end of the 2-slot OSCAR lease I was pretty good with it.

You should focus on training oscar RoF since that's the thing that makes it deadly along with controlling the recoil (these things will improve with time) and try not to get frustrated if you miss too many shots, this gun takes a bit of time to practice but it's well worth it because as you know it's remarkably powerful

Good luck mate

12 minutes ago, LoveForMatt said:

You talk really smack after being unbanned, know your place.

Ive got near 8k hours+ and i remember you plenty. I was so happy you got what you deserve.

Be nice to your "second" chance and whatever you are planning to do, do it for apb benefit and its players.

Remind me what I did exactly?

It had nothing to do with cheating on vvirgil (as im guessing what you think happened?), and i'll openly admit to what I did and I can get the classic recording of what I did too that was specifically referenced in my support ticket.

You are deluded and actually have not the slightest clue what you're talking about when it comes to the OSCAR and thats fact.

Edited by Virgil
  • Thanks 1

Just now, LoveForMatt said:

Okay.

Its really common to find people lying so blatantly so i dont even get mad anymore.

The other day found a cheater low rank gold, he said he started playing around novemeber, his insane tracking and perfect ttk at all ranges were the topest ive ever seen in apb. Trully blessed by god these people are for being so skillful.

It sucks to put so much pasion and time into being a better player in apb but some kid that started playing few about a month (less than a week for his newly rank, not alt char because he said it was his only character) is beyond your skill level. I am not an envious person but i could not help myself but feel some, i shamely admit.

Right vergil? You want to make people think that way hm? Mocking us, insulting us, ruining our gameplay and grow the level of what people like to call "toxicity".

Why do you even win doing all this? Or cheaters? I know they admited they wanted to kill apb population... but some people like me is really devoted and that wont make us quit, be sure of it.

The moment i quit apb will be when i have some serious personal issues or the game finally dies.

Because i play with some high skill individuals. There are a few who have played other games at a professional, salaried level, well known for their aim that have tried APB out and just been slammed with cheater cheater cheater cheater constantly.

It's a compliment to him, sure. To new players, it makes the game look like its filled with cheaters, when it's really not. However, lets say we have a repeat of the Tiggs incident where someone gets fairfight banned for "cheating" when the real root cause was streamsniping as she warned for you it. Then it damages that person's reputation.

It's not a healthy mindset to think everyone is cheating. I understand the game has limitations that make people look super suspect. It ruins your growth as a player, and it can be damaging to someones reputation. It also scares away new players.

Maybe you found an actual cheater, I don't know, but you shouldn't come into a new players thread and just say only cheaters can be good with this gun, because it's not true, and again, looks terrible for the game.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Virgil said:

Remind me what I did exactly?

It had nothing to do with cheating on vvirgil (as im guessing what you think happened?), and i'll openly admit to what I did and I can get the classic recording of what I did too that was specifically referenced in my support ticket.

You are deluded and actually have not the slightest clue what you're talking about when it comes to the OSCAR and thats fact.

cheater defender,there are so many cheater fanboys and something like this +cheater streamer with triggerbot,grow up kid and stop trolling

• Thanks 1

its kinda a weird gun in that it has a very diff click rate making it easier to jam. for that u can only just practice with it.

try to strafe as much as u can when firing otherwise use cover when possible. popping out of corners with every shot is also very effective at close range

as for range up to 40m u are pretty accurate hipfiring unless u get unlucky with rng - u can use it for longer ranges but rng might fuck u off or u just wont deal enough dmg.

for mods id recommend rs3 or any purple except for mobsling - ir3 is a must

u need to put time on it, its a very very strong wep once u get used to it

~3k hrs with oscar

On 12/11/2018 at 3:02 AM, Virgil said:

The current "standard" for mods on an OSCAR are RS3/IR3 because well, damage dropoff is a cancer, and hipfire gives you the best of both worlds provided you are okay with smaller models further away.

The primary thing you need to get down with the OSCAR and any marksman weapon really is the firerate. It's important to fire consistently at the point where you can hold max ROF without "jamming" the weapon. If you click too soon, it will delay your next shot and that can cost you the fight. Mastering this consistent click speed is absolutely vital to any Marksman weapon and it's what most people get stuck on, so they resort to things like the scroll wheel and wonder why they still suck. (and please, never try the scroll wheel, you will only hinder yourself.)

When you aim, you need to track your opponent for a split second after every shot to ensure all parts of your burst land. With the minor recoil the gun has, it can be very unforgiving, especially when combined with its TTK. If you miss once or twice, it will easily cost you the fight.

Theres not really any tricks to it, thats about it. Just practice, it's a unique gun and theres not anything that handles like it so yeah...

I was going to write up a guide, but this is pretty much exactly what I would have written.

Its a higher skill higher reward weapon, and should be viewed as such.

• Like 1

Oscar is in my opinion the most skill and aim rewarding gun of the game , that gun is very accurate and good for both CQC and long range , this thing tho is it has quite a long TTK , and also that gun being so accurate makes it very unforgiving , miss one shot and it will cost you a lot of time , oscar isn't an easy weapon to use , it might look like it is , but if you master the oscar , it also means you mastered multiple advanced aspects of the game , placement , timing , aiming tracking and more .

I own the gun but i can't do anything with it.

• Like 2

Slam RS3, IR3 and 3PS3/tagger on it and you're good to go. Use it like a Joker Carbine in close quarters to mind range situations (aka hipfire), and use marksmanship mode on longer ranges. Gun takes a while to master so don't give up! ROF and tracking are really important, make sure your sensitivity isn't absurdly high if you want to get good with it.

15 hours ago, gold said:

Slam RS3, IR3 and 3PS3/tagger on it and you're good to go. Use it like a Joker Carbine in close quarters to mind range situations (aka hipfire), and use marksmanship mode on longer ranges. Gun takes a while to master so don't give up! ROF and tracking are really important, make sure your sensitivity isn't absurdly high if you want to get good with it.

Unless you have a different sens for MM there's little reason to use it as the OSCAR marksman modifier is 0.98

10 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Unless you have a different sens for MM there's little reason to use it as the OSCAR marksman modifier is 0.98

I personally find it easier to use MM on long range to track properly, although it's very situational and doesn't happen very often.

7 minutes ago, gold said:

I personally find it easier to use MM on long range to track properly, although it's very situational and doesn't happen very often.

Yeah, a lot of guys will have a lowers sense in MM relative to hipfiring and do the same.

Mines pretty much 1:1 so for me, it doesnt help.

On 12/11/2018 at 6:23 PM, LoveForMatt said:

Sadly this imo.

I reported one guy that been cheating for really long time. He uses spotter to simulate his wallcheating. I have no idea how he never got caught. His aim with oscar, speed for kill both in cqc and long distance is totally absurd. He would even kill me doing circles really fast, he never misses a bullet. I need to constantly retreat and catch him low guard (that mostly never happens) to try to kill him and thats not guaranteed.

I seen him doing stuff that doesnt worth naming... it pisses me so much off that he can keep his account after going so rampant.

Seeing a cheater just turns me insane.

Some people are just good the game is 8year+ old and some people have been playing it 10 hours a day 7 days a week for that period of time. If they couldnt run around in circles hitting you there is a problem. Funny how hackusators just can believe there are player out there who are just on a completly different level to you. 

They dont get banned because being better than you isnt against the TOS.

*cant

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, LoveForMatt said:

Stop trying... i usually fall for baits but you are starting to be really cringe.

Pls stop.

Again another statement with not even a hint of counter argument. You can only insult to defend what you believe in. Pathetic. Present evidence or shut it please.

This weapon is RNG based and its so blatant when some is hitting from every distance as an instant and accurate af, cheaters hiding behind that gun always.

Edited by Atomkraftwerk

On 12/25/2018 at 11:21 AM, Atomkraftwerk said:

This weapon is RNG based and its so blatant when some is hitting from every distance as an instant and accurate af, cheaters hiding behind that gun always.

it has the tightest spread of any marksman weapon

what exactly is rng about it compared to the carbine?

also, cheaters cannot control spread, hence why you will find many videos of cheaters aimbotting and missing bullets in APB, you're fucking stupid.

Oscar is DoucheBAG gun all the way. Always see it in Silver uh Gold server and almost never see it in Bronze.

• Like 1

Mag pull on OSCAR is godsend.

Believe me.

Less bullets in chamber but reload is INSANE.

On 12/27/2018 at 12:05 AM, Havana said:

Oscar is DoucheBAG gun all the way. Always see it in Silver uh Gold server and almost never see it in Bronze.

No it's not? The reason why you don't see it in bronze district is simply because people don't know how to aim and therefore can't hit anything with it (and probably because there are more low ranks who haven't even unlocked/bought it).

Edited by gold

Triggerbot weapon OSCAR, used by cheaters,triggerbotters or macro users or both. Pretty much like joker carbine,coming up with unrealistic reactions and fast hitting killing you,or like when every shot hits you from every distance and you cant do nothing about it.There arent no tryhards in pvp game ,tbh the only real tryhards are cheater macro user or triggerbotter,these people are tryhards.

• Thanks 2