gordoIsMyName

how to strafe left/right 4 feet each way

i encounter a lot of players that can move left to right strafing very large distances when in close combat. like covering 4 feet of movement each direction back and forth. they can also use that to instantly pop from behind cover, shoot, and return to cover.

my character can't do that. it takes a much longer time to cover that distance.

i'd like to better understand how to perform that move if anyone on the forum knows.

thx!

They might be using Fragile or Mobility Sling.  Fragile increases your speed by 14% and Mobility Sling increases your movement speed when in marksmanship by 50 cm per second.

Desync switching guns*, a bit of lag. Thats the legit way.

There are cheaters that would move like crazy when you are firing them, EVEN from the back. Experienced it myself.

*swaping hands i meant

Edited by Excalibur!

Aside from the aforementioned mods, you can wasd / dsaw to move a bit more smoothly than you can with just a-d strafing.

As far as crouching, you can mod your game so instead of toggle to crouch you can hold to crouch.

I feel like some of it is due to the network changes they did earlier this year. I noticed that players seem to be "Ice skating" a lot ever since which means that their movement is incredibly sporadic when they are "ADAD" spamming. Sometimes going as far as offsetting a player a few meters into the opposite direction as the server doesn't seem to display the character movement correctly and then corrects it shortly after which then makes him teleport ever so slightly. This is something I often experienced while playing on Jericho with the usual 130~150 MS I'm getting but I've never seen it happen this frequently when I have a stable 10~20 MS to the server like I do on Citadel.

Another thing people could be doing to achieve what you're describing is canceling their Sprint Delay by swapping to their secondary even tho it's fairly unlikely since not many people actually seem to know or take advantage of this.

Edited by Frosi
  • Like 1

It's a netcode issue and it's always been in the game. The servers don't send enough player movement updates so it has to often correct the player's position. Your client attempts to smooth this out, but it ends up looking like the player's moving faster than normal. Now, if the player is consistently moving like this, even when out of combat, than it's most likely a speed hack or intentional lag switching.

Reloaded tried to make this bug less obvious by nerfing sprint shooting, specifically on weapons that didn't take advantage of sprint shooting, instead of actually coming up with a proper solution.

Edited by MrsHappyPenguin
  • Like 4

What about Oscar players ? they are warping the whole time or teleporting... why is that so ? is this cause they also sprint and delay it ?

33 minutes ago, Player1 said:

What about Oscar players ? they are warping the whole time or teleporting... why is that so ? is this cause they also sprint and delay it ?

Its cuz APB runs like shit. 

How is this news?

1 hour ago, Player1 said:

Oh I remember when sprint shooting was a huge thing... I thought G1 did something to mitigate this a long time ago

2 hours ago, Sergsininia said:

Oh I remember when sprint shooting was a huge thing... I thought G1 did something to mitigate this a long time ago

they increased the time to sprint after firing to like .35, which had negated most of the problem. It's still somewhat possible, but it's very limited, and it's now just better to strafe fire over sprintshoot, unless a patch broke it. Plus the latency coding and whatever happy penguin was mentioning has a part in it. It was much worse before the change due to the client trying to catch up and not being able to accurately, which made fighting against sprint shooters before a nightmare. Add onto latency issues, and  you had a guy who could practically dance around you while spamming v to make the animation buggy while moving back and forth (and also to hit people by changing camera once the character moved out of the other sides view.

Another thing is i'm pretty sure some weapons have faster base movement speeds when firing, when in and out of mm than others.

Example: Older stats from the DB OCA VS NTEC

OCA:

Run Modifier1.10

Sprint Modifier1.50

Jump Modifier4

NTEC:

Walk Modifier1.20

Run Modifier6

Sprint Modifier1.50

Jump Modifier2

Edited by Noob_Guardian

I think thats a server problem.

I feel something wrong with the server everyday.

OSCAR + switching = Warping

4 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

they increased the time to sprint after firing to like .35, which had negated most of the problem. It's still somewhat possible, but it's very limited, and it's now just better to strafe fire over sprintshoot, unless a patch broke it. Plus the latency coding and whatever happy penguin was mentioning has a part in it. It was much worse before the change due to the client trying to catch up and not being able to accurately, which made fighting against sprint shooters before a nightmare. Add onto latency issues, and  you had a guy who could practically dance around you while spamming v to make the animation buggy while moving back and forth (and also to hit people by changing camera once the character moved out of the other sides view.

Another thing is i'm pretty sure some weapons have faster base movement speeds when firing, when in and out of mm than others.

OCA:

Run Modifier1.10

Sprint Modifier1.50

Jump Modifier4

NTEC:

Walk Modifier1.20

Run Modifier6

Sprint Modifier1.50

Jump Modifier2

The sprint delay is based on the rate of fire, so it only affected weapons with a low rate fire,. It didn't do anything to address the teleporting issue. If anything, it added one more element for you client to miscalculate.

4 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

OCA:

Run Modifier1.10

Sprint Modifier1.50 

Jump Modifier4 

NTEC:

Walk Modifier1.20

Run Modifier6

Sprint Modifier1.50

Jump Modifier2

those are accuracy #s lmao

On the topic of weird behaviour ingame. Can someone explain this whole meme of switching shoulder rapidly between shots of some semi-automatic weapons like shotguns or the Carbine? I don't get why people do it.

8 hours ago, dett2 said:

I think thats a server problem.

I feel something wrong with the server everyday.

OSCAR + switching = Warping

That might explain the sudden increase in OSCAR players I've seen.

3 hours ago, Inquitoria said:

On the topic of weird behaviour ingame. Can someone explain this whole meme of switching shoulder rapidly between shots of some semi-automatic weapons like shotguns or the Carbine? I don't get why people do it.

The animation is buggy, and basically will make it harder for enemies to hit you... or so I'm told... It's been a while so I don't remember how bad it was...

3 hours ago, Inquitoria said:

Its just some goofy thing silvers do because they apparently think it somehow glitches their hitbox.

Just ignore it and kill the dumb dumbs.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Player1 said:

Come across this so many times, the warp is crazy.

10 hours ago, saudauish said:

those are accuracy #s lmao

oh crap, you're right thanks for pointing it out, xD Though by the looks of it, most weapons have the same modifiers until marksman mode...

OCA:

Movement Speed

Crouched Speed 90 cm/s

Walk Speed 139 cm/s

Marksman Speed 275 cm/s

Run Speed 412.50 cm/s

Sprint Speed 600 cm/s

NTEC:

Movement Speed

Crouched Speed 90 cm/s

Walk Speed 139  cm/s

Marksman Speed 175 cm/s

Run Speed 412.50 cm/s

Sprint Speed 600 cm/s

Oscar:

Movement Speed

Crouched Speed 90 cm/s

Walk Speed 139 cm/s

Marksman Speed 275 cm/s

Run Speed 412.50 cm/s

Sprint Speed 600 cm/s

Though, sprint shooting and holding shift will modify a players speed slightly, it doesn't cause much of a change. At that point it could be netcoding/player location update system/ and latency to factor in to the strange movement anyways

5 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Its just some goofy thing silvers do because they apparently think it somehow glitches their hitbox.

Just ignore it and kill the dumb dumbs.

Nah, even the old so-called "pros" and even the old cheaters of the time did it all the time. It had caused hitbox issues when you accounted for the original sprintshooting "time to sprint speed" which had been .10/.15 before (now .35 i believe). Mostly all it did was make the animation glitchy, but then you go and hold shift (or do the sprint always on modification) with the way they strafed, mixed with network issues, coding issues, and the "player location assumption system" (whatever the automatic system is that makes it look like someone is at a location) it caused a lot of noticeable issues ingame. I had plenty of times where i'd be seeing blood on thin air where the enemy "had" been before a second before, or get kills by aiming "off" of the character to the left or right but would miss almost every shot when i aimed on where i "saw" the player due to it.

It's why before you could crouch glitch your hitbox until it glitched making you near unkillable, and after that, the use vehicles to "trap" your character and hitbox, while free-roaming camera at superspeed. With a few other things that used to occur.

Nowadays though it's more of an annoyance with glitchy animations, but the bigger problems with hitreg from it are fixed. 

9 hours ago, Inquitoria said:

Something old "pros" used to due with joker carbine and stuff to seem edgelordy.  Rather dumb now since it does nothing other than glitchy animation. It can however help you hit you when they do it if done right. It's because they move off of you with the reticule, "v" and it moves the other direction to be on you. (It's somewhat difficult to do imo, i was never good at it)

9 hours ago, Inquitoria said:

It's a meme. What else is there to get?

Most of submachine, Shotgun or carabine users move like that, really fast left to right, and it's really hard to hit them, while you can't move like that no matter what, It's kinda annoying.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Inquitoria said:

Not rapidly, when you are moving side to side in semicircles, i think it cuts the animation or something like it and your character makes mini warps.

If your weapon is in the left hand, swap it to the right hand when you are moving to the right and the other way around. Just try it in game. Also tap fire the gun if it is automatic, or space its shots if it is semi... that not only will grant you better hit reg but that warpy effect.

Don't ask me why it just works.

Edited by Excalibur!

30 minutes ago, Excalibur! said:

Not rapidly, when you are moving side to side in semicircles, i think it cuts the animation or something like it and your character makes mini warps.

If your weapon is in the left hand, swap it to the right hand when you are moving to the right and the other way around. Just try it in game. Also tap fire the gun if it is automatic, or space its shots if it is semi... that not only will grant you better hit reg but that warpy effect.

Don't ask me why it just works.

Ignore all of this^

Its total nonsense.

On 11/29/2018 at 9:30 AM, MrsHappyPenguin said:

The sprint delay is based on the rate of fire.

Thats very vague which timming are you reffering to? Because the Guns do not allow you to sprint the same time as your Gun is ready to shoot.