Qxra

Advanced APB Launcher settings

i've got these settings from a guy and idk if theres something malicious in the file(avg scan results were no,but im not sure)

these are the graphics settings he sent me -> https://www.mediafire.com/file/bq8xto4o30mcz4n/graphics.rar/file (i dont know if theres something malicious in them,DONT DOWNLOAD IT IF YOU DONT KNOW STUFF ABOUT VIRSUSES)

its not a confirmed virus but who knows

i would like to get new settings for my launcher

could anyone send me new settings so i can take it off my back?(i dont feel good when i use his files,idk why i feel like they're malicious)

(im asking for other settings over here because i dont think anyone is going to send malwares,viruses over here)

thanks for anyone who helps or comment!

so,could anyone borrow me his settings?(my resolution is 1280x1024)

Instead of taking someone else's settings that you're unsure of being a virus or not, why not post your rig's specs, for a recommendation from others?

I personally:

AMD A8 6600k @ 3.9GHz (2013 Processor)

8GB DDR3 RAM

PNY Nvidia GTX 650 1GB GDDR5 (2012/13 GPU)

(I think these are the most important parts for your game's settings to be based off of)

I'm running settings with no particle effects (smoke and fire) [yes fellow players I can't see smoke or fire from cars... kinda a pain when a car is on fire]

Approximately medium-high settings for textures, bloom disabled, and minimum texture settings on npc's, and non-player/civilian cars.

6 minutes ago, Sergsininia said:

Instead of taking someone else's settings that you're unsure of being a virus or not, why not post your rig's specs, for a recommendation from others?

I personally:

AMD A8 6600k @ 3.9GHz (2013 Processor)

8GB DDR3 RAM

PNY Nvidia GTX 650 1GB GDDR5 (2012/13 GPU)

(I think these are the most important parts for your game's settings to be based off of)

I'm running settings with no particle effects (smoke and fire) [yes fellow players I can't see smoke or fire from cars... kinda a pain when a car is on fire]

Approximately medium-high settings for textures, bloom disabled, and minimum texture settings on npc's, and non-player/civilian cars.

i7 7700 

8GB of ram 

Nvidia gtx 1050(2gb)

i dont care 'bout the graphics,just want some nice settings with low resolution(to make the people look more "fat")

33 minutes ago, Qxra said:

i7 7700 

8GB of ram 

Nvidia gtx 1050(2gb)

i dont care 'bout the graphics,just want some nice settings with low resolution(to make the people look more "fat")

Look more "fat"?

I mean, if it's FPS you're looking for, I'd recommend sitting at medium settings. 

Your rig is certainly better than mine, and you should have less trouble holding constant frame rates. Probably going with reduced smoke and fire would be about all I'd recommend, because those are just graphics hogs.

8 minutes ago, Sergsininia said:

Look more "fat"?

I mean, if it's FPS you're looking for, I'd recommend sitting at medium settings. 

Your rig is certainly better than mine, and you should have less trouble holding constant frame rates. Probably going with reduced smoke and fire would be about all I'd recommend, because those are just graphics hogs.

in fat i mean like thick,it seems like the hitboxes are bigger(not sure if they actually are) but its mentally helping me

12 minutes ago, Qxra said:

in fat i mean like thick,it seems like the hitboxes are bigger(not sure if they actually are) but its mentally helping me

Hitboxes are always the same size... your resolution might be playing games on your eyes.

13 minutes ago, Sergsininia said:

Hitboxes are always the same size... your resolution might be playing games on your eyes.

as i said,since the characters are looking thicker in some resolutions its mentally helping you

the hitboxes thing was a theory

1 hour ago, Sergsininia said:

in characters i mean players

I'm lost with what you're asking then ...

I have i5 4440 3.2ghz, 8gb ram ddr 1600 mhz or 1800 i dont remeber and asus gtx 1050ti 4gb oc strix gaming and im running the game terrible . If I play on 1920x1080 with medium settings I have 55-60 fps with a lot of frame drops.. actually im playing with 1280x1024 something like that with minimal settings. Resolution because hitboxes and minimal settings for fps. Maybe its because of my pc. I haven t reinstalled windows for few years, I have 3 partitions.. a lot of things can cause lagg on my computer, besides the fact that it runs slow already.

3 hours ago, Nipps22 said:

I have i5 4440 3.2ghz, 8gb ram ddr 1600 mhz or 1800 i dont remeber and asus gtx 1050ti 4gb oc strix gaming and im running the game terrible . If I play on 1920x1080 with medium settings I have 55-60 fps with a lot of frame drops.. actually im playing with 1280x1024 something like that with minimal settings. Resolution because hitboxes and minimal settings for fps. Maybe its because of my pc. I haven t reinstalled windows for few years, I have 3 partitions.. a lot of things can cause lagg on my computer, besides the fact that it runs slow already.

Well, we're playing a 2011 Game, best thing is to use hardware from that era or as close to. (2012/13/14 isn't a bad choice if that's the only game you're playing). The game is optimized, and designed to run best on the original hardware. So in this case, less cores, and higher clock speeds are better. Dual cores run this game fairly well afaik. On top of older GPUs. The engine upgrade will be the best thing for this game. not for the performance boost, but for the optimization, and support for newer hardware. 

I was getting advice in another forum chat and after maxing my settings out i can get 70-144fps. My pc is i5 2500k oc@4.3mhz, ssd drive, gtx 1060 and 32gig ram 2600mhz with a gsync monitor. Game runs great, im sure that the ssd made the biggest difference. I run advanced launcher but havnt really changed any settings.

I would say that using an ssd gets rid of most freezes.

dude i have a intel dual core 3.19 ghz gtx 750 2gb 8gbram ddr2 and the game run fatally, 25-55 fps i needed to use advanced launcher and the game run better now. GROM how can you say this game run better at cpu dual cores, i think thats not true

4 hours ago, CulitoToFakeIt said:

dude i have a intel dual core 3.19 ghz gtx 750 2gb 8gbram ddr2 and the game run fatally, 25-55 fps i needed to use advanced launcher and the game run better now. GROM how can you say this game run better at cpu dual cores, i think thats not true

The game does not clean garbage well(Garbage Collector). Those. part of cities loads and unloads textures. At these moments, the load goes to your HDD. SSD - really solves most of the problems with freezes. My PC config:
AMD FX8300(3.3 Ghz)
RAM 16 GB
Nvidia gtx 750Ti (2gb)
HDD 7200 rpm (150 mb/s) - Even such a reading speed was not enough. But what about the people who sit at 5400 Rpm?)

8 hours ago, FullHouse said:

But what about the people who sit at 5400 Rpm?)

The pain is real, I can tell you that much.