Hintaro

merge jericho and citadel ?

I had pretty good opposition this morning on Jericho. No degenerates, excuse me dethreaters stupid auto populate.

A player wide merge I hope will be a last sort of resort to keep a salvageable play base. 

I will welcome it when the time comes forth that it means whether or not my toon will be accessable to join a server with a population.

Guess I want my moneys worth.

Edited by Danimal

21 hours ago, Archon said:

BRs, so many got the short end of the stick already

Careful, most consider that a cardinal sin out here. Watch your back

when colby merged with joker there was the saying of there would be more player base.

instead ping was out of control and people quit so fast that I couldn't even count how many left

as more and more mergers happened that ping difference was mentioned on why people were quitting as one of the reasons.

assuming this isn't a meme then I'd say its a bad idea

if it is a meme ......  I  want fish tacos I'm hungry (apparently Hawaiian pizza is forbidden by AsgerLund)

7 hours ago, Pinpuce said:

Not only does the ocean not care about smooth internet, but jericho is like my safe place when I get mental breakdowns after getting owned by russian kids too many times.

Even tho I got 150ms, but that's ok americans svck.

Russians  "children"add about 30% of the additional population to the Citadel. 

I'm sure somebody's already said this, but Matt has stated that eventually they plan on merging the two populations and making the run off of servers that are more spread out to improve performance, but that's way down the road, like, way down the road.

Let's put the servers in the ocean or wait for elon-chan to launch all his satellites, maybe he can launch APB's servers into a little orbit

• Like 1

On 11/28/2018 at 2:12 PM, Pinpuce said:

Not only does the ocean not care about smooth internet, but jericho is like my safe place when I get mental breakdowns after getting owned by russian kids too many times.

Even tho I got 150ms, but that's ok americans svck. 

You'd think we'd be good with guns after saving EU so many times by now. Guess not.

1 hour ago, Noob_Guardian said:

You'd think we'd be good with guns after saving EU so many times by now. Guess not.

*laughs in russian*

• Like 1

for me personally - transferring characters from Jericho to the citadel will make the game better . I get 140 MS instead of 270 MS

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Yood said:

for me personally - transferring characters from Jericho to the citadel will make the game better . I get 140 MS instead of 270 MS

^

Engine upgrade + server fix will solve dead population.

I can't play with 400ms plz don't.

31 minutes ago, dett2 said:

Engine upgrade + server fix will solve dead population.

I can't play with 400ms plz don't.

engine upgrade will bring only a temporary influx of players . if the game is not fixed matchmaking system-the game will die . 

gold is elite . 7 years gold plays in the silver, bronze arena .

is possible. personally like the idea

and about new players... as said elsewhere on these forums ...  new players actually have to stay, which they don't atm. this community fucks over new players gg

ez

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

hell no

and where even would the servers be.

Edited by Ketog

2 hours ago, Ketog said:

hell no

and where even would the servers be.

Greenland, Ponta Delgada or St John's (Eastern Canada) seem like likely options purely based on location

yeah merge them. but block them from using guns like OSCAR. it is no fun to hit an 400ms OSCAR teleportation magician.

On 11/27/2018 at 9:14 PM, Hintaro said:

is it possible to merge jericho and citadel ? i mainly play jericho but the population is so low, always 100 - 130 when i log in. playing missions and face the same players are boring too. 

A lot of people have been saying bla bla blah my ping and latency!!1!

I want to ask the Original Poster to look at this objectively, and consider what benefit would there be seriously?

The point of the OP was because of a low population count and game opposition didn't have much variety.  North American and Europe are different continents with different time zones, You're going to get a population boost of 10 to 20%...

When people are playing in Europe, most Americans would be busy with day time working hours. When North America finally starts to become more active online, that's when Europe starts going to bed if they haven't already.

Sorry I just wanted to point out that the merge would be quite redundant, and yeah I feel a lot of these comments on this thread are coming from a place of selfishness... and no I don't care if i get a dozen dislikes to this post by this time next week.

Edited by VickyFox

Remove threat, put all the servers together along with multiple action districts in different locations. (meaning a FIN/WF in NA and FIN/WF in EU all together on the same list)
Doesn't matter if you have more ping in social i'm sorry it really doesn't.

These are the clear answers to the issues that apb is having.

Stop pretending like the game is in a okay state ty.

Edited by Niilyn

You guys know LO already has a plan for the future, right?

Maybe take a few minutes to review that plan b4 posting your "i know how to fix the game" threads and comments .

Edited by CookiePuss
  • Like 1

Or merge them, then on the server list have EU-Financial-1, NA-Financial-1 etc ?_?

Then at least that way I can pop onto NA late night EU, whilst not having to create a new character, vice versa. 

2 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

You guys know LO already has a plan for the future, right?

Maybe take a few minutes to review that plan b4 posting your "i kmow how to fix the game" threads and comments .

Yes I do, but I see people saying that they think this is pointless lmao.
It should be first priority to achieve the world server. Everything else should come after, a server becoming nearly unplayable after 2am is totally unacceptable. 

Edited by Niilyn

13 minutes ago, Niilyn said:

Yes I do, but I see people saying that they think this is pointless lmao.
It should be first priority to achieve the world server. Everything else should come after, a server becoming nearly unplayable after 2am is totally unacceptable. 

It's unacceptable that other people need sleep, have to work in the morning to pay bill and feed themselves?

It's unacceptable that the society doesn't stay awake at night?

What is unacceptable is GamersFirst neglecting APB:Reloaded to the point of losing customers and concurrent players to all servers because of poor customer interactions and procrastination...

But that's in the past and G1 is under new management of Little Orbit, who really can't take all the blame for past actions.

Be grateful servers are up and that there is anyone online at all, this could of been repeat of the RTW situation where Gamers First have to consider closing it's doors.

...because Fallen Earth is CLEARLY keeping GamersFirst afloat! 🙄

Edited by VickyFox

1 minute ago, VickyFox said:

It's unacceptable that other people need sleep, have to work in the morning to pay bill and feed themselves?

It's unacceptable that the society doesn't stay awake at night?

What is unacceptable is GamersFirst neglecting APB to the point of losing customers and concurrent players to all servers all because of poor customer interactions and procrastinating...

But that's in the past and G1 is under new management who really can't take all the blame for past actions.

be grateful servers are up and that there is anyone online at all, this could of been repeat of the RTW situation where Gamers First have to consider closing it's doors because Fallen Earth is CLEARLY keeping GamersFirst afloat! 🙄

Just because you sleep at those times doesn't mean every single human being does assuming so is proof of willful ignorance. There are many lines of work that span many hours of the day. In case you didn't realize not everyone in all of NA is  following your schedule lmao. Like how selfish to assume everything is about you.

Yes It is 100% unacceptable that things become so dead its unplayable (because it drives people away from the game) but thats okay because usually when a game server is at that point they do one thing and that is merge or move into some kinda world server, to ensure a better quality experience for everyone which is a good thing.
This is a positive change that many players who work the afternoon and get most of their gaming done from 11pm-7am will be thankful for.

No one is talking about the past, only talking about things that matter the present and the future, so bringing up G1 and their past actions is also pointless and not relevant to the conversation. 

Sorry.

Im definitely not the guy to say what should be prioritized, but I do agree that anytime an online game is unplayable due to no pop, is a big problem. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:

Im definitely not the guy to say what should be prioritized, but I do agree that anytime an online game is unplayable due to no pop, is a big problem. 

I'm no game dev so obviously it's just a opinion of mine, but as a 11pm-7am NA player what motivation do I have to log in and play when the only district I can access due to a threat lock is usually 10v10 or less as it gets later. Especially when the APB:R i fell in love with back in the day didn't have this issue, I've played many games and many smaller mmo's and in the end they either moved down to a single server to remain active or died. Apb is a bit far from  being totally dead in the EU (or the EU server at least) so i'm not going all the end is here mode, but it is still a hard situation for us who don't want to reroll/deal with ping.