1GB Update????

1GB Update may i ask why? The patch notes didn't say anything but fixing a few things regarding the autumn event???? Got me confused

WVrN3JU.jpg

they added new districts for the event, maybe that is the reason?

About to fine out loading up alot of the files had certain tags in them mostly FN & WF...

21 minutes ago, 7700k said:

1GB Update may i ask why? The patch notes didn't say anything but fixing a few things regarding the autumn event???? Got me confused

If you read what it's downloading, 

dialogue_russian.pck.zip

then you'll know that it's downloading the Russian audio files. Most likely you're using a slightly edited game client (where some files are removed either to save space or gain some fps). 

This could also happen if some of the files were corrupted for any reason at all.

When you update the game it often checks the files and any files that aren't correct with the ones you should have are redownloaded.

I have the same when I update my fully customized game client, if I forget to put back the normal files it'll download 2.15GB worth of files.

So this is not really something from this patch, just the game fixing its files.

Edited by Kevkof
added file corruption
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Pinpuce said:

find out*

comma

a lot*

more commas

On 10/30/2018 at 2:59 PM, Pinpuce said:

@CookiePuss choke me daddy

choke me, daddy

or choke my daddy

and punctuation - i guess you'd want an exclamation mark to go with your request

Edited by neophobia

The last update was only 600KB. If you want it to stop updating custom files, close the launcher when it says "scanning." You could probably write a script to check APB's servers to get the latest patch too.

Edited by MrsHappyPenguin