Adawon

Can't repair the game though downloader after changing directory

The downloader doesn't recognize the game after I changed its directory to another drive. It wants to download the whole game again even when I address the game's location. I edited the game's folder name in the registry but the problem still exists.

Is there any particular reason why you didn't just install it to that other drive in the first place?

When copying/moving files it's often required to delete the clientfiles.xml file that's in the directory

I hadn't had bought the drive (which is an SSD) before moving it. So, yeah.

Edited by Adawon

And why not just do a clean install to the SSD? (it's often better to do that than to move gamefiles).

I tried doing this and didn't have any issues. Did you do something else than I did?

The problem isn't with the launcher, but with the downloader (the installer).

19 minutes ago, Adawon said:

The problem isn't with the launcher, but with the downloader (the installer).

The installer should only be run for the initial installation of the game, all the latest updates are automatically downloaded by the launcher.

If you're resuming a previously cancelled download, just put the files back where you originally started downloading them.

This is not the final location of the gamefiles, these are just the files required to install the game

Edited by Kevkof
Add second paragraph

The installer is also used to repair the game and I have done and fixed problems with it before. I have no problems with the launcher. I just want the installer to recognize the game files. It used to recognize them before I moved the game when I set the download path to the game's folder, then it only checks for the game files and asks me if I want to repair or uninstall.

Edited by Adawon