-KC-

A warning to fair or new players.

1 hour ago, _Hartley_ said:

in your user view "empty" means zero players, but in the view of a company I think we are already in the "empty server"

Jericho tends to have around 300 people at times. Not empty.

I've seen it a lot less before Little Orbit and BattleEye.

9 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

Jericho tends to have around 300 people at times. Not empty.

I've seen it a lot less before Little Orbit and BattleEye.

speak for yourself, back under g1 at least there was a full silver district all night

• Like 1

As far as i can understand this is more like a cheat complaint type of post not  help out a new player type of post.In any case most likely complaining on the forums about it wont do much of a change if any change at all is being made.As other people said,you should most likely dedicate your time of posting to record and send the video proof to the support team.But to be honest cheaters are pretty rare theses days with a few exeptions

8 hours ago, TheKeanuReeves said:

He'll have to record every single player he finds, because everyone who is better than him is a cheater.

💔💔 

Andy Dufresne you are not. When you realise you are just bringing together all the respected members of the community to state that actually there aren't that many cheaters in the game, you will stop.

No used library books for you. I give you 4 days max.

Edited by WitchQueen

Ive only SEEN 3 cheaters since BattleEye, and I know of 3 people who have a cheat thats working, one of which ive seen ingame.

Thats a total of 5 people.

FIVE.

Real epidemic boys

4 hours ago, -KC- said:

Bump. Have a nice day.

Did you actually read anything anyone else has said in response?

3 minutes ago, VickyFox said:

Did you actually read anything anyone else has said in response?

of course he didnt, otherwise he'd have to consider that he might be wrong

cant have that

On 11/26/2018 at 1:46 AM, -KC- said:

Stating this warning until a suitable change is made is fair. Therefor this message will be bumped or re-posted once per day until the end of 2019 or until a suitable change is made towards the unsportsmanlike conduct fair players currently face.

Like banning every player that you get bodied by?

Cleaned a few replies out of the thread and moved it to the off-topic section.

-Spuzva

1 hour ago, SpuzvaBob said:

Cleaned a few replies out of the thread and moved it to the off-topic section.

-Spuzva

A warning to fair or new mods.

The community is everything for a game, as a community is what keeps the game alive. New players have to stay around, old players have to  make sure of that. Community servants have to be fair and their reign has to make sense. Players that want to make a quick buck on the side have always been a problem, but then again it's like people we have standing on corners, it is part of the community to deal with such issues to provide a healthy and fair place to be. If we don't all is lost anyway and with that the game.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, -KC- said:

The community is everything for a game, as a community is what keeps the game alive. New players have to stay around, old players have to  make sure of that. Community servants have to be fair and their reign has to make sense. Players that want to make a quick buck on the side have always been a problem, but then again it's like people we have standing on corners, it is part of the community to deal with such issues to provide a healthy and fair place to be. If we don't all is lost anyway and with that the game.

Your heart is in the right place and you're 100% right about what you said in this post that I quoted, but the idea that cheaters are as common as you say they are and run the community is crazy.  The number of cheaters was true 8 months ago, but ever since BattleEye things have been cleaned up significantly.  I no longer see people running around at light speed 24/7, I actually only saw what I thought was one speedhacker since BE was implemented, but it turned out it was just a GM running really fast.

Not saying they don't exist, just saying that they're uncommon enough for me to have not seen any with how often I play.

For everyone reading this in the future; this topic started off in General Discussion because although being controversial, the community problem being touched on here is not just part of the game it actually defines the current game and will define it's future.

This topic got a dodgy push towards Off Topic and the creator got a warning based on questionable grounds. However this is not the time nor place to discuss this particular  further, but, people reading this thread in the future do have to know what is going on.

If anything, the incentive keep this or similar posts bumped and refreshed as stated in the OP got an enormous boost, not the least because of people wanting to downplay validity and general discussion, even downright wanting to censor the topic on a corresponding game forum which would lead to opening Pandora's box itself. That can of worms should make everyone think about power structures, corruptibility, infiltration and basic order, justice and fairness. Besides the internet is a big place.

This isn't the first company facing these people, from RTW up to G1 mainly the problematic part of this community brought the host to its knees. When this game started out 'playing well' would grant you real world cash value tokens. From that very honorable start up until the walking away of G1, this game has been plagued by people who rather play unfair, troll and make some money on the side than people who come here to enjoy a fair game after work. This made the community go from huge (RTW beta) to marginal (end of G1 hosting).

Because APB has always been worth saving and new players actually staying now at this very point in time is what's needed to actually save it, it is past due time to address the elephant in the room publicly. Too many new people leave too soon because of the cheating community within this game and the few people who stay get swindled, or just are interested, into becoming a cheater themselves.

Everybody knows no game will be cheater free, this is an utopia within the human race, psyche, the mental instability of human beings to accept their competitive strengths and weaknesses compared to others, however, having the unfair part of your community influence things this much, from new players, (old) scoreboards, forums, events, moderation, taboos, fears, income, popularity, reviews, you name it, it repeatedly and only has had just one result: an more and more emptying gaming community with only the swindlers left. An obvious result for that matter. As famously said to keep doing the same thing over and over while expecting different results, is the very definition of madness. We need change. APB deserves change. This topic deserves some light and air, some good.

There are times you have to touch on a subjects that won't make you part of the inner circle fam, won't make you popular with the status quo, won't make your life more ez nor gg, not grant you a political-like advantage on a forum, no there are times you must do it because it is the right thing to do. Cheating is cheating. APB deserves better. APB deserves to grow again. Grow up.

Merged.

🤫

Emotional typos. This is serious stuff.

wauw amazing but good luck with that and expect to rustle pro jimmies

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, -KC- said:

This topic got a dodgy push towards Off Topic and the creator got a warning based on questionable grounds. However this is not the time nor place to discuss this particular  further, but, people reading this thread in the future do have to know what is going on.

If anything, the incentive keep this or similar posts bumped and refreshed as stated in the OP got an enormous boost, not the least because of people wanting to downplay validity and general discussion, even downright wanting to censor the topic on a corresponding game forum which would lead to opening Pandora's box itself. That can of worms should make everyone think about power structures, corruptibility, infiltration and basic order, justice and fairness. Besides the internet is a big place.

This isn't the first company facing these people, from RTW up to G1 mainly the problematic part of this community brought the host to its knees. When this game started out 'playing well' would grant you real world cash value tokens. From that very honorable start up until the walking away of G1, this game has been plagued by people who rather play unfair, troll and make some money on the side than people who come here to enjoy a fair game after work. This made the community go from huge (RTW beta) to marginal (end of G1 hosting).

Because APB has always been worth saving and new players actually staying now at this very point in time is what's needed to actually save it, it is past due time to address the elephant in the room publicly. Too many new people leave too soon because of the cheating community within this game and the few people who stay get swindled, or just are interested, into becoming a cheater themselves.

Everybody knows no game will be cheater free, this is an utopia within the human race, psyche, the mental instability of human beings to accept their competitive strengths and weaknesses compared to others, however, having the unfair part of your community influence things this much, from new players, (old) scoreboards, forums, events, moderation, taboos, fears, income, popularity, reviews, you name it, it repeatedly and only has had just one result: an more and more emptying gaming community with only the swindlers left. An obvious result for that matter. As famously said to keep doing the same thing over and over while expecting different results, is the very definition of madness. We need change. APB deserves change. This topic deserves some light and air, some good.

There are times you have to touch on a subjects that won't make you part of the inner circle fam, won't make you popular with the status quo, won't make your life more ez nor gg, not grant you a political-like advantage on a forum, no there are times you must do it because it is the right thing to do. Cheating is cheating. APB deserves better. APB deserves to grow again. Grow up.

Let me say that I agree. Moving this thread to Off Topics was quite the misjudgement, but I'll leave at that in respect to the forum rules.

I am personally not downplaying the validity of what has been said, however I am 100% indeed downplaying the severity and scale that you are describing.

For a person that is concerned about the potential treatment of new comers to APB, you must sure see that instigating action is actually getting the wrong attention and counter productive as you warn people away... Like a scientist warning people of a disease, instead of trying to find a cure.

You seem like an intellectual and philosophical persons at that, I am not here to flatter you or to make friends. This is a forum of fellow players of APB and not a political party, trying to start a protest or lobbying isn't going to do anything.

In the words of Mahatma Gandhi: "Be the change you want to see in the world". It would be more effective if you report all cheaters witnessed, set a good example in the community and encourage new users to take their time, have fun and relax.

While I do not think you intend to, It does come cross are scare mongering about cheaters which only serves to be a convient and quick excuse for new players to better themselves and to learn from mistakes

after 1600 hours in APB, there are still times I find myself going "Ok that wasn't right", "That was stupid of me", "Impressive, I didn't see that coming" and sometimes "Ok no, that shouldn't be possible."

Sometimes there are situations occur which are just unavoidable and nothing more could of been done, but most of the time a negative is just a potential to be learnt from and made positive.

You should know that Little Orbit took over of Gamers First only in May 2018, in that time they implimented a new Anti-Cheat system BattleEye and are working to further dispel negative behaviour and rule breaking. Being under a year, Give them a chance because I don't think you've been on APB long enough to see what REAL cheating can be like.

I am happy to talk further about a positive gaming mentality, concerns about some ill intended individuals in game or how APB is changing for the better but I encourage you NOT to post daily as it may be considered spam and this thread will be locked.

7 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

This is some top tier delusion.

I personally prefer delusional long posts over constitutional rights delusion. So in my opinion, this thread is in a better place now than when it started.

• Like 1

You would think that people, who let programs do the hardest part of gaming for them, wouldn't really care about critique on their ways of game-play. It however, is the complete opposite.

After looking at this more closely the following becomes crystal clear; whilst putting in all the effort and in some cases even money, they develop an extreme case of vanity about what they are doing. For a more understandable example; as a matter of fact it almost becomes similar to someone putting in effort and in some cases even money (like Armas) into 'how they look' in-game.

Almost the same, the difference here being that you can completely destroy the facade of the former by just telling them the truth. The anger and denial which pursuits is unheard of and arguably one of the most easy ways of enraging someone who doesn't even actually play the game by themselves. They really have nothing to boost about but still hate losing this fantasy.  They even group and and try to protect each other from losing this fake shroud and corresponding vanity.

Completely mind-blowing is to add that this shattering doesn't even have to be done in-game. Something like a forum will do just as well. Exemplars clinging to something like a vote system becomes a mirror into their grouping and anger. Like a pack of disturbed animals. Amazing and powerful stuff.

Alt accounts are usually a great indication stuff is going on....people usually don't use many alt account / names BUT if you see weird names ingame or weird behaviour (including a usually barely used voting system on a pretty dull forum) ... expect alt account xD i mean these people have inofwars like issues, but in a noob way xD

noob *infowars lol

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5

Two pages later and I'm still wondering how would one go about getting such a sturdy soapbox.

kind of reminds me of the guy who had the chat spam script in social district a while back