Sign in to follow this  
Nitronik

What is the origin of the Showstopper's reload animation?

As we all know, there weren't any new animations made for APB during the whole reign of Reloaded - all bullpup weapons reload like pistols!

All the animations we have in the game are repurposed from RTW - so I'm wondering, is the Showstopper animation a relic of RTW or was it actually made by LO from scratch?

hi nitronik id just like to say how much im grateful ur on the forums
you bring extremely high quality to the forums and i wish you best

as opposed to the question, i have no idea

with love
latsha

• Like 1

1 minute ago, K3ith said:

Looks pretty authentic seeing how the arms don't even reach the cylinder when reloading

but this is from OTW
are you sure the animation is still the same if the icon and sounds were changed?

6 minutes ago, Latsha said:

but this is from OTW
are you sure the animation is still the same if the icon and sounds were changed?

not sure if the animation for the showstopper is still the same on live but i could check it out tbh 

Edited by K3ith

Live animation is different and definitely touches the gun, though it's still weird.

combo of rsa and opgl reload?

21 minutes ago, K3ith said:

so it seems, sure looks far from pretty but hey it's LO's first attempt at a new weapon so i won't be harsh

https://streamable.com/i09ps

Animation is the exact same on the thunder btw, so no difference here. Only one new animation.

10 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

combo of rsa and opgl reload?

Highly doubt it. Looks nothing like RSA or OPGL.

There wasn't any single shell loading revolver animation in the game prior to that, nor was there a cylinder spinning animation.

I guess it's either something completely new, or a leftover from RTW, because the showstopper model has been in the game since forever.

Would explain why the animation doesn't empty the used shells, and only puts in new shells.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, GhosT said:

Animation is the exact same on the thunder btw, so no difference here. Only one new animation.

Highly doubt it. Looks nothing like RSA or OPGL.

There wasn't any single shell loading revolver animation in the game prior to that, nor was there a cylinder spinning animation.

I guess it's either something completely new, or a leftover from RTW, because the showstopper model has been in the game since forever.

Would explain why the animation doesn't empty the used shells, and only puts in new shells.

thumper animation loads shells one at a time doesn’t it?

9 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

I believe the DOW's animation is just the JG / CSG reload - same one used for the EOL

9 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

Yeah, but that's just the pump action shotgun animation.

Sign in to follow this