RoseTheGoat

Autumn Assault Suggestions

So I been playing the event with my friends everyday with my friends since it has came out, and I can say that there are many issues that many of you guys have said but not spoken much about. So here is a small list of things that are apparent issues with the Event as of so far.

1. Event can be stubborn when deciding you are in the area or not. Most everyone talks about this, we could be 1 meter away from the point and it still won't let us in the event.

2. A follow up to issue 1, you can sometimes still be able to get shot at and killed while those around you are still grey.

3. Spawn points seem to be random, you can rather spawn in the action and go right to killing or be instantly killed, or be spawned 200+ meters away.

4. The game sometimes kicks people from the event, ultimately resulting in the event giving you absolutely nothing despite your score (However a gm has told me that LO will be rewarding these tickets back at a later date)

5. Lastly, the issue of actually winning the skin. There are an assortment of different players coming in and for the first few rounds, it is quite alright. but then certain people come in and end up winning most of the rounds. ending up coming everyday and doing the same thing. Asking people politely Doesn't work. For the most of them, the goal is actually preventing others from winning.

Now I am not going to just complain about the issues, but I do have some suggestions about how some of these aspects could change to make the event a tad less frustrating.

1. Now I do not know how the event is ran or what you guys modified from the out 12 days of deathmas minigame, but since the area is a big issue, then perhaps in needs to be moved to the fight club beacon map since it was designed to host this kind of event.

2, 3, 4. moving the event to the old minigame map would also help with spawns, since you would be able to attack anyone upon coming back, and be able to use long range weapons more efficiently.

5. Now this is where most of the discussion will most likely spark. Now I had two ideas that have been discussed between friends, now some people have referred to making the top 5 people win the skin; However I believe that it is a tad overkill, top 3 could be a happy medium where those same people can still win their 250 JT and those can still win the skin. another suggestion could be a progression. if someone who wins already has the skin, the next one down should be awarded the skin.

Other people have asked to remove to the 250 jt reward, but I personally believe that it will not find the issue at hand. and no player deserves to be kicked from the event for winning too much. You guys can give me some thoughts and suggestions for how you would like things to be done differently with the event. hopefully my feedback will be helpful to better the event.  

• Like 4

I believe I've had staff kick me manually for winning more than 1 game. People in chat spammed to kick my Characters's name, and shortly after I was. Same goes for other players in the district that were hogging 1st place. The past 2 days I have not been kicked randomly as I purposely have avoided 1st place.

So either the winning players were getting kicked coincidentally, or manually by the staff in the district.

Tonight I just learned of the 250jt reward for winning 1st place more than once. There needs to be some clarification from the staff, whether or not they are going to continue kicking players for winning more than once. Aswell as compensation for abuse of privledges. 

861E38C115F61DADA6C4B8548570D06AEC487867

"[no reason was provided]"

LO/10

Edited by CookiePuss
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

"[no reason was provided]"

LO/10

yeah thats not a good look

Hi all,

Autumn Assault has been a flawed event at best. We are working on patching it one more time before the event ends, but various QA issues have prevented us from implementing a lot of the feedback that players have provided. I assure you that the feedback is being collected, and we're going to make a number of change so that GMs can run these events in the future with better results.

We change the reward on the event at the last minute (and apparently didn't announce this on the forums), but the 1st place player gets an account bound skin for all their characters.

I understand the appeal of 250 joker tickets, and that reward was implemented before we started modifying the event to make it somewhat more fun.

But given how bad the event is, we have started asking players who have won repeatedly to not continue participating so that other players can get the skin.

GMs have been announcing this request in District Chat at the beginning of the event, and then periodically repeat this request.

We did announce the change during Kriosasacil's event, but there was some miscommunication on our end, so it wasn't clear. I can see why he was confused.

I have reached out privately to him to apologize.

Thanks,
Matt

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MattScott said:

We change the reward on the event at the last minute (and apparently didn't announce this on the forums)

Yep. And you have not yet announced how the game determines who is gray and who is red. Sometimes, in order to join the battle, I need to go 40 meters to the point, and sometimes - 200. How does it work? We still do not know. Please do not make mistakes with the display of enemys.

34 minutes ago, Easych said:

Yep. And you have not yet announced how the game determines who is gray and who is red. Sometimes, in order to join the battle, I need to go 40 meters to the point, and sometimes - 200. How does it work? We still do not know. Please do not make mistakes with the display of enemys.

People are assuming the zones are circles, but what if that's not the case. When the gungame starts it gives a location in chat, that most likely correspond with the zone.

I'll repost those maps that have all the area's on them again. Thank you yet again to XtremeLaw for making these.

Financial: 

financial.jpg

Waterfront: 

waterfront.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MattScott said:

We change the reward on the event at the last minute (and apparently didn't announce this on the forums), but the 1st place player gets an account bound skin for all their characters.

So will people who already won get the skin account bound? I already won, I'm just playing for the 100 JT a match now, gotta get that Firebomb somehow.

Will you guys stick with the same time schedule? @MattScott

Since now I can't make it most of the time, I'm sure there are more people with the same problem.

There are ppl who have won the event 10 times already within the 1st 5 days and the fact that only 1st place gets the skin is bs. How exactly is that fair when the same ppl repeatedly win and others cant get the skin cause LO cant give it out to the top 5 on the leader board? It really should be top 5 as thats fair given the amount of ppl trying for the skin and the fact that #2-5 constantly change unlike the winner at #1.

Edited by Darkzero3802

7 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

There are ppl who have won the event 10 times already within the 1st 5 days and the fact that only 1st place gets the skin is bs. How exactly is that fair when the same ppl repeatedly win and others cant get the skin cause LO cant give it out to the top 5 on the leader board? It really should be top 5 as thats fair given the amount of ppl trying for the skin and the fact that #2-5 constantly change unlike the winner at #1.

I completely understand your frustration. Closest I get is always second place. still as I said above, top five seems to be very extremely easy. I feel like top 3 would be fair, but will still keep the gamemode's competitive aesthetic.

6 hours ago, RoseTheGoat said:

I completely understand your frustration. Closest I get is always second place. still as I said above, top five seems to be very extremely easy. I feel like top 3 would be fair, but will still keep the gamemode's competitive aesthetic.

Top 5 will do that as 50 ppl all fighting for it makes it cometitive. Its always that top spot thats the same.