Kreedz

Little Orbit must answer for this

Dear developers !

How the hell is it possible, that people still cheats after BattlEye and Fairfight ? Where are the GMs ?!

Fight clubs usually wrecked, now I met the 3rd speedhacker in this month. Guess the clan : loli boys. Obviously cheater clan, but LittleOrbit does nothing, FairFight and BattlEye can't detect a f*cking SPEEDHACK, wich is the easiest to detect by the game and all of the GMs are nowhere. Tell me how is it possible ? How are we supposed to play your game like this negligence that U, the owner of the game does.

This is a game handling process that doesn't require ANY MONEY.Don't need to pay a huge amount of money for expert programmers, designers etc. It's all about ATTENTION.
But no, you are unable to do that. /report system is also removed from the game.

I think, u should rethink ur roadmap of developing this game. Need help ? Open GM recruitment again, because I bet there are players, who can be volunteers, and can help you. If nothing else, but at least watching the matches.

What do you think ? Discuss this.

*EDIT* For those people who still belive that apb has anticheat : 

Edited by Kreedz
  • Like 6

no anticheat will stop 100% of cheaters

more GMs won’t do much, they have very little (if any) ingame powers

Come on, We are talking about a speehack, not a smooth aimbot. Unusual player movement like extreme speed or teleporting all around cause of speedhack is very obvious. The game can ban or at least kick it. Like the server does when ur internet connection is crap or your ping is too high

Daily 'I am silver and got destroyed so everyone must be cheating' thread.

Add it to the pile.

• Like 2

On 11/25/2018 at 6:19 AM, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Add it to the pile.

Gold plays in the silver arena for seven years, Add it to the pile.

Edited by Yood

1 minute ago, Yood said:

Gold plays in the silver arena for seven years, add to the trash.

There was no such thing as silver/gold districts seven years ago. Try again.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Kreedz said:

Dear developers !

How the hell is it possible, that people still cheats after BattlEye and Fairfight ? Where are the GMs ?!

Fight clubs usually wrecked, now I met the 3rd speedhacker in this month. Guess the clan : loli boys. Obviously cheater clan, but LittleOrbit does nothing, FairFight and BattlEye can't detect a f*cking SPEEDHACK, wich is the easiest to detect by the game and all of the GMs are nowhere. Tell me how is it possible ? How are we supposed to play your game like this negligence that U, the owner of the game does.

This is a game handling process that doesn't require ANY MONEY.Don't need to pay a huge amount of money for expert programmers, designers etc.  It's all about ATTENTION.
But no, you are unable to do that. /report system is also removed from the game.  

I think, u should rethink ur roadmap of developing this game. Need help ? Open GM recruitment again, because I bet there are players, who can be volunteers, and can help you. If nothing else, but at least watching the matches. 

What do you think ? Discuss this.

As banned stated already no anti cheat can catch 100 % of cheaters.

The /report function from before was garbage , it did not work at all for finding cheaters properly.

Little Orbit is working on a new /report system but I do not know how long that will be.

Also there are people who think someone  is cheating when its the ping some have that throws the whole thing off.

MattScott mentioned about a way to match people up better with transitioning and such which would help with that part.

Volunteer GM's can not ban either in case you are wondering. It would cause problems with favoritism or previous personal disputes to do so.

No idea why you think its not expensive for programmers , that part you have me lost on.

The engine needs to be upgraded so i do not know why you think the roadmap is bad. APB can not stay the same if any APB problems are to be dealt with so....????

Little Orbit staff are too busy fixing bugs and making APB better for us so they don't have time to sit back and watch matches which would man not working on APB.

The video on this thread is greyed out so I have no idea what was on it.

That's all I can remember right now. Hopefully someone else leaves more info on this.

33 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

There was no such thing as silver/gold districts seven years ago. Try again.

yood is yood please dont make hi try again hes confusing as it is lol

I feel like bringing up issues such as this is always hard on the Forums since it isn't exactly the right place and people that like to live in their perfect little wonderland will immediately downvote and disagree with you even if you happen to bring up a serious issue. 

As it stands Little Orbit are doing their best to make things right, they're trying and working hard but issues such as the current cheating situation still stand and will only become more of an issue if nothing is done about it.

They tried implementing BattlEye but the way things are right now it seems to struggle a lot. This could have many reasons such as carefully tweaked and less aggressive settings or even the current engine being too old for BattlEye to properly detect things in general. The other solution to getting cheaters banned would be through support and while LO is also trying their best here the wait times for tickets to be looked into are still a far too long for this to be a proper solution to the cheating issue.

I can't speak for every server but at least on Citadel cheating is becoming quite prominent once again on the top level in the ways of "Closeting". This time around with a lot less effort actually being put into hiding it. People are quite literally uploading videos of them cheating to YouTube or stream their gameplay under the APB section on Twitch, showing off their cheats on stream, playing under blatant settings and even going as far as showing the injection process to their viewers. In fact, a lot of the recent, top viewed clips in the APB section are of people showing off their cheats or having extremely fishy plays to the point where they could be called blatant. 

I would personally like to see a reintroduction of FF under its original settings before it was tuned and made automated because I still feel like FairFight even with its later flaws has been the best Anti-Cheat the game has ever had as it actively dealt with players that run their cheats on all kinds of settings, from very low and to absolutely blatant. And as it stands right now players don't seem to be punished under BattlEye at all once their cheat has bypassed it as there are numerous blatant cheaters that go as far as speed hacking since BattlEye was released that have yet to be punished at all. No Anti-cheat is perfect, there will always be delays and the occasional false-positive ban but FairFight was simply what worked best for APB and with a faithful team behind it such as Little Orbit I could see it work out great, even in the case of a rare incorrect ban as they have really shown to care about us as player base and help out wherever they can. 

I don't necessarily like to bring things such as this up and I already expect negative responses coming my way but I felt like this had to be said so LO can act and improve upon it. I am willing to provide evidence of my claims to the LO staff if they happen to be interested.

Edited by Frosi
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Add it to the pile.

It seems you don’t know the current problem in asylum, there’re bunch of ru players who has been using triggerbot and advertising the site where you can buy in district chat from their main characters for months.

I reported them to lixil, provided evidences from the stream, and asked here In game when are she going to look into my subject. She said “today”, that was almost week ago, but my message is not read yet. Like come on, they have their character names on the site.

There are also a bunch of players from famous cheater clan using client bug allowing to lag a lot that makes you moving faster with warping. It has been happening for months

Edited by Lign
  • Like 4

15 hours ago, Kreedz said:

This is a game handling process that doesn't require ANY MONEY.Don't need to pay a huge amount of money for expert programmers, designers etc.  It's all about ATTENTION.

hello, welcome to the forums dear user.

as a welcome gift to you, i'll give you a link to the APB blog, a great place to find news about the game, specially its development https://apbreloaded.gamersfirst.com/

on top of that, you can also check news about the game development in the developer discussion part of the forum, like this thread:

once gain, welcome to the forums, i hope you find the new information useful.

o-KALI-POLAR-BEAR-CUB-ORPHAN-facebook.jp

• Like 2

I'm too busy eating turkey dinner to be sad

If anything its making me sleepy

but its ironic that hes complaining about what he does *shrugs*

I agree with Frosi, but Fairfight had a ton of false positives back when it was first introduced. I just think they should re-configure it from scratch instead.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, swft said:

I agree with Frosi, but Fairfight had a ton of false positives back when it was first introduced. I just think they should re-configure it from scratch instead.

this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

1 week ago , "There are no cheaters lol , stfu silvers."

Now , "I was wrong there are some cheaters omg"🙄

Maybe new cheats are came out....

7 hours ago, dett2 said:

1 week ago , "There are no cheaters lol , stfu silvers."

Now , "I was wrong there are some cheaters omg"🙄

Maybe new cheats are came out....

there are no cheaters.

On 11/25/2018 at 9:05 AM, Frosi said:

I would personally like to see a reintroduction of FF under its original settings before it was tuned and made automated because I still feel like FairFight even with its later flaws has been the best Anti-Cheat the game has ever had as it actively dealt with players that run their cheats on all kinds of settings, from very low and to absolutely blatant. And as it stands right now players don't seem to be punished under BattlEye at all once their cheat has bypassed it as there are numerous blatant cheaters that go as far as speed hacking since BattlEye was released that have yet to be punished at all. No Anti-cheat is perfect, there will always be delays and the occasional false-positive ban but FairFight was simply what worked best for APB and with a faithful team behind it such as Little Orbit I could see it work out great, even in the case of a rare incorrect ban as they have really shown to care about us as player base and help out wherever they can. 

I don't necessarily like to bring things such as this up and I already expect negative responses coming my way but I felt like this had to be said so LO can act and improve upon it. I am willing to provide evidence of my claims to the LO staff if they happen to be interested.

That's why speedhackers ran free for weeks if not months in Citadel's fight clubs under Fairfight way before LO took over. Sadly I seem to be amongst the few that actually remembers that under Fairfight APB was a shitshow. Fairfight couldn't catch a blatant within a week, let alone a closet.

Some closet cheaters ran around for months if not straight up years before the oh so well known ban broadcast would drop, which ofcourse would warrant lots of reactions and shitposts on ffbans.org since long term suspicious behaviour makes people infamous in this risible community.

Fairfight alone was absolutely horrible.

Fairfight was flawed partly (cautiously saying partly, while it could aswell be mainly) due to the unprofessional policy against cheaters pre-LO. This could be why closets could run around for months, but I'd find that a very poor explaination as to why blatants could run around for weeks.

Edited by Haganu

11 minutes ago, Haganu said:

Sadly I seem to be amongst the few that actually remembers that under Fairfight APB was a shitshow. Fairfight couldn't catch a blatant within a week, let alone a closet.

11 minutes ago, Haganu said:

Fairfight alone was absolutely horrible.

I don't know if you played when FF was first introduced but it doesn't sound like you did because FF did absolutely amazing compared to other Anti-cheats APB has had in the past when it was first released. However, along the way G1 tweaked settings, started banning accounts under FairFight for various non-cheating reasons even tho it was meant to be for cheaters only and then went as far as make FairFight completely automated which meant that it had to run at settings that weren't aggressive at all just to avoid false positive bans which ended up happening anyways.

FairFight is by no means an Anti-cheat that can work on its own, people begged for a new client-side Anti-cheat ever since PunkBuster was removed but G1 instead worked on making FairFight automated which didn't work out at all and added a massive delay when it came to banning cheaters all around. 

Edited by Frosi
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Frosi said:

I don't know if you played when FF was first introduced but it doesn't sound like you did because FF did absolutely amazing compared to other Anti-cheats APB has had in the past when it was first released. However, along the way G1 tweaked settings, started banning accounts under FairFight for various non-cheating reasons even tho it was meant to be for cheaters only and then went as far as make FairFight completely automated which meant that it had to run at settings that weren't aggressive at all just to avoid false positive bans which ended up happening anyways.

When it was first introduced. Yes, the giant banwave nobody expected because Fairfight's implementation wasn't announced at the time. There were also rumours that Fairfight has been running in the background for a while before the giant ban wave that marked the start of its lifespan in APB, which I have mixed feelings about. It sounds like community-made nonsense, but then again Fairfight performed pretty poorly overall.

To take fact over reason, whatever reason may be, initially Fairfight worked great. That ban wave it started off with surprised nearly everyone. Also fact is that it wasn't enough to stop cheating, and that ban broadcasts, ffbans, and obviously flawed ban policies ruined the anticheat's effectivity for a good share. 

For a good share, but not entirely. Not nearly close to entirely.

The other anticheat was Punkbuster. Let's not compare a server-sided anticheat that tracks and compares against averages with an outdated client-side anticheat.

Edited by Haganu

1 hour ago, Haganu said:

There were also rumours that Fairfight has been running in the background for a while before the giant ban wave that marked the start of its lifespan in APB, which I have mixed feelings about. It sounds like community-made nonsense, but then again Fairfight performed pretty poorly overall.

these weren’t rumors, this info was right in the “we added fairfight” blogpost

https://apbreloaded.gamersfirst.com/2014/07/fighting-fair-in-apb-reloaded-with.html

On 11/25/2018 at 3:05 AM, Frosi said:

even the current engine being too old for BattlEye to properly detect things in general.

Once again, this makes zero sense, there is one engine flaw that is used by cheaters and the rest is just not the engine's fault but straight up BattlEye failing at what it does, as it stands the variant of BE in the game is garbage. The speedhack exploit people use is a result of the engine, everything else, whether it be aimbot, ESP, triggerbot, whatever has nothing to do with the engine and does not impede on BattlEye's ability to do its job. The anti-cheat implementation is not the fault of the engine, it is down to the developer to do things correctly, not the engine, the engine is just a system of libraries that the game is built on top of, I've already given Matt Scott some tips for detecting cheats, including proof-of-concept code, I won't speak too much for obvious reasons, but things will be changing in the near future if internal testing goes well.

Edited by Similarities

3 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

these weren’t rumors, this info was right in the “we added fairfight” blogpost

https://apbreloaded.gamersfirst.com/2014/07/fighting-fair-in-apb-reloaded-with.html

Oh, interesting read. I did not remember anything about such being official at all. Thanks.

Certainly Fairfight wouldn't have started off so strong without that stealth mode.

Another thing to throw up: Fairfight should be turned up 2-3 notches. One thing I do agree with in Frosi's posts is that turning it down to prevent false-positives (that eventually happened anyways) is a thing that happened. I think it's a bad idea and I feel like anyone lobbying to turn down an anticheat is only contributing to the cheater culture APB suffers from, whether they'd actually be cheating or not.

If people really are that afraid of false-positives, there are plenty of ways to work around it.

Fail-safes like a strike system really won't be harmful, especially if you have 2 anticheats running.

Edited by Haganu

No cheats in APB though, just ask enjin.

This game is much more enjoyable when you do not care about the outcome of matches. 

That being said, speed hacks or aim bots should not bother you. Let the bans come  organically. One attains Zen when one worries not about others actions in a video game. Take the loss and ready up again. You could possibly try playing later when one is not bothering your gaming. Gaming should be fun, not frustrating. I have not played in months and I am content.

Maybe your energy would be better spent focusing on real world issues.

• Like 1

The GM in the game but they are limited in right of the impacts on violating the rules of the player. installing Batlleye I didn't see obvious signs of cheating . macros are more complicated - the system takes time to calculate and ban the account .

1 minute ago, Yood said:

The GM in the game but they are limited in right of the impacts on violating the rules of the player. installing Batlleye I didn't see obvious signs of cheating . macros are more complicated - the system takes time to calculate and ban the account .

Funny, they said that about FF till people stopped believing in the system.