iRawwwN

RoboKast: Why APB Failed : Gaming's $100,000,000 Failure

On 11/28/2018 at 11:50 AM, CookiePuss said:

How dare this guy call APB a failure?

Sometimes there are literally DOZENS of people I can play against.

Peak hours of course.

*giggles*

This is the best thing I've ever read.

Don't let this distract you from the fact that Mr. Krabs once sold SpongeBob to the flying Dutchman for 62 cents....

The game is still pretty fun. Something you forgot to mention is that Gamersfirst sold hacks to people and then banned them. But never VAC banned em. And now it has a new developer and they are trying really hard to clean up this game to be something better

This is from comment section in the video, and if we dig deeper, i'm pretty sure we will find some more gems.

People literally never played APB, but somehow already formed their opinions that game is P2W. Same old story...

Edited by Venda
  • Like 1

On 11/25/2018 at 3:29 AM, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Reminder that HOTS actually has the highest eSports payout/rewards in tournaments despite being one of their lower view numbers.

out of blizzards games? all games? haven't found any source for this claim

only contrary things https://www.esportsearnings.com/games

like, sc2 would be higher for blizzard

and otherwise obviously dota

or is that meant in relation to playercount (then e.g. halo should be over hots too)

On 11/25/2018 at 10:32 PM, mynd said:

Are you sure that's true?  Thought LoL tournaments were for like 10+ million.  IF this is true, it's likely Blizzard putting all that money up, not 3rd party sponsorships etc.

It is true that Blizzard does dump a lot of money into the pro scene for hots, just sad that their development direction is all over the place.

dota has even higher payouts than lol (by a margin) so i don't really get it (the international alone is massive)

Edited by neophobia

1 hour ago, neophobia said:

out of blizzards games? all games? haven't found any source for this claim

only contrary things https://www.esportsearnings.com/games

like, sc2 would be higher for blizzard

and otherwise obviously dota

e)

That is over all the tournaments. I am talking about the money Blizzard itself is putting in to the scene, which is really just its own tournaments such as the blizzcon ones. That is where HotS is the highest.

7 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

That is over all the tournaments. I am talking about the money Blizzard itself is putting in to the scene, which is really just its own tournaments such as the blizzcon ones. That is where HotS is the highest.

fairs - although that seems a bit arbitary xd

i guess blizzard is just trying to push their problemchild a bit harder. (not like hots isn't fun but w/e)

(is it actually though? i couldn't find any real comparisons/numbers about how much these companies invest into esports)