iRawwwN

RoboKast: Why APB Failed : Gaming's $100,000,000 Failure

19 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Reminder that HOTS actually has the highest eSports payout/rewards in tournaments despite being one of their lower view numbers.

Are you sure that's true?  Thought LoL tournaments were for like 10+ million.  IF this is true, it's likely Blizzard putting all that money up, not 3rd party sponsorships etc.

It is true that Blizzard does dump a lot of money into the pro scene for hots, just sad that their development direction is all over the place.

3 hours ago, mynd said:

Are you sure that's true?  Thought LoL tournaments were for like 10+ million.  IF this is true, it's likely Blizzard putting all that money up, not 3rd party sponsorships etc.

It is true that Blizzard does dump a lot of money into the pro scene for hots, just sad that their development direction is all over the place.

Within Blizzard. Not Eports in general. Sorry my bad should have emphasized that.

• Like 2

i find this video highly.... meh

it starts telling you about the story of apb

then some of the flaws

then it says it "failed"

then it finishes

i would say its more of a video about the story of APB more than why it failed (MOST of the time, it spends talking about the story of the game, the talk about the flaws feels like a footnote, and the analysis feels like a footnote for the footnote) but overall, the video feels absolutely incomplete, both as a "why it failed" and a "story of"funny-bears-doing-human-things-11.jpg

On 11/24/2018 at 4:05 AM, Kiida said:

APB has always maintained a steady flow of new players, but the silver playerbase is so toxic towards them that they don't stick around for long.
5 years on and dethreating is still the biggest problem with this game.

If Golds played in their empty district, then Silvers could play where they are supposed to. 

So sick of this dethreathing argument. 

Sime of us have jobs and lives. 

And don't play with pre-made groups. Golds should play in gold, silver in silver, etc, etc. 

But the problem starts with Golds not playing where they are supposed to. 

Soo many times I see the game through a new player into Silver district. I don't see Golds ever, ever not once help a new player or inform them of how to join bronze. 

And shame on Silvers that use Osmaw in Bronze, that's just sad. 

So look in the mirror Pro Goldies. 

You are the real problem, Crap rolls down hill. 

Simple fact. 

Now please put it in the trash pile, get gud, butthurt Silver and all the other juvenile comments to follow. 

It's all Old, you want to help the game. GO PLAY in your damn Gold server! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Havana said:

You don't need to be a no-life to be half decent at a game. 

No, the problem starts with there being zero incentive to play in the Gold districts besides arranged or ram-raiding. Gold pop is dead because of segregation dating back to the Gold Rush event, and probably before that due to the amount of cheaters that would get placed in Gold without any active moderation or decent anti-cheat.

If they were to somehow recover the Gold population to where it would be easy to have more than 1 gold district then maybe people would go there and make there be an incentive to be actually good at the game e.g. boost to XP/apb$ gained and have active in game moderation with admins that can kick/lock accounts and push the accounts to the top of the queue for an investigation.

Zzz enough of the "it's golds fault for not playing in their district". It's the fault of management from previous years for not catering to the "better" players and instead milking the casual silvers/bronzes.

• Like 2

The progress is stuck for like five years ago and this is why game are unpopular. Look at any popular MMO(RPG) - if it’s single player game with the multiplayer included (like CoD/BF) they adding DLC’s (mostly maps).

If it’s MMORPG they adding dungeons and classes.

This game don’t need engine upgrade or more weapons than we have already. This game needs new progression in gameplay. At least one new district and a few new contacts. 

This is how I see this game from my side as a playable for me because I’m here since the game launch and don’t see something NEW for a long time and this is why I can’t play APB more than a two hours/week. It’s boring...

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, PACwoMAN said:

This game don’t need engine upgrade or more weapons than we have already. This game needs new progression in gameplay. At least one new district and a few new contacts. 

👍

2 hours ago, Havana said:

If Golds played in their empty district, then Silvers could play where they are supposed to. 

And don't play with pre-made groups. Golds should play in gold, silver in silver, etc, etc. 

Soo many times I see the game through a new player into Silver district. I don't see Golds ever, ever not once help a new player or inform them of how to join bronze. 

👍

On 11/24/2018 at 4:05 AM, Kiida said:

APB has always maintained a steady flow of new players, but the silver playerbase is so toxic towards them that they don't stick around for long.
5 years on and dethreating is still the biggest problem with this game.

So sick of this dethreathing argument. 

And shame on Silvers that use Osmaw in Bronze, that's just sad. 

So look in the mirror Pro Goldies. 

You are the real problem, Crap rolls down hill. 

Simple fact. 

Now please put it in the trash pile, get gud, butthurt Silver and all the other juvenile comments to follow. 

BS on no Gold pop. There is plenty of golds but you all choose to play in Silver. Then blame Silvers for the same thing you do. 

Or we could do away with threat segregation and players would stop feeling so entitled about everything in this game.

Gaming began without matchmaking and noobs played with pros all the time.  Complaints were minimal, that's just how it was.  The average player was better at the game as well.  Hand-holding and entitlement has only led to weaker players and more toxicity.  Add in the massive amounts of dev resources companies put into matchmaking and it ends up not being worth it imo.

• Like 2

On 11/23/2018 at 1:44 PM, GhosT said:

Ah yes, yet another content creator that doesn't know what the hell hes even talking about.

This just proves how little research he has done...

^

We talkin' silver-minded people or silver-threated? 'Cause these two do not always go together.

How dare this guy call APB a failure?

Sometimes there are literally DOZENS of people I can play against.

Peak hours of course.

*giggles*

• Like 2

On 11/23/2018 at 12:26 PM, Lily Rain said:

10:49 : "The path is drifting towards a pay to win system"...

Here we go again..

Yeah, i got downvoted to hell for saying the game isn't pay to win and cheaters had a greater impact.

Edited by illgot

39 minutes ago, illgot said:

Yeah, i got downvoted to hell for saying the game isn't pay to win and cheaters had a greater impact.

dethreaters have done more damage to apb than cheaters and p2w rumors combined

11 hours ago, illgot said:

It depends on who saw your message. I wish for reactions to NOT be anonymous, then people wouldn't hide behind it as much.

10 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

ikr~? rip

20 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Not sure I agree with this since it all stems from cheaters with egos.

21 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

3 minutes ago, mynd said:

Not sure I agree with this since it all stems from cheaters with egos.

I know I don't agree with it, dethreaters and cheaters are both diseases that can only proliferate when the medical attention (developers actually developing the game) falters and crumbles.

Ergo, RP is still to blame for doing the most damage to APB:Reloaded.

1 hour ago, Nite said:

I know I don't agree with it, dethreaters and cheaters are both diseases that can only proliferate when the medical attention (developers actually developing the game) falters and crumbles.

Ergo, RP is still to blame for doing the most damage to APB:Reloaded.

LO taking up where RP left off in regards to dethreaters.

/shrug

Dethreaters didn't appear because of cheaters... yes sure.

I remember when apb was fairly populated that our team lider would swap districts -even to silver ones- to avoid being matched against cheaters.

You can already softly spot the users that keep doing damage defending the core cancer of the game.

22 hours ago, Lily Rain said:

It depends on who saw your message. I wish for reactions to NOT be anonymous, then people wouldn't hide behind it as much.

ikr~? rip

it was on Reddit so probably every downvote was from people who never played the game before.

No silver wanna play in silver when all the golds are whispering insults to you for playing there

• Thanks 1

On 11/28/2018 at 6:24 AM, mynd said:

Or we could do away with threat segregation and players would stop feeling so entitled about everything in this game.

Gaming began without matchmaking and noobs played with pros all the time.  Complaints were minimal, that's just how it was.  The average player was better at the game as well.  Hand-holding and entitlement has only led to weaker players and more toxicity.  Add in the massive amounts of dev resources companies put into matchmaking and it ends up not being worth it imo.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Like what's the point of segregating players when there's only a handful of playable districts and less than 1k pop per server.

Edited by dShade
typo