iRawwwN

RoboKast: Why APB Failed : Gaming's $100,000,000 Failure

Ah yes, yet another content creator that doesn't know what the hell hes even talking about.

This just proves how little research he has done...

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Hey that's weird; usually when a game fails you cannot play it anymore! Yet here we are: APB 2018 and besides that little fact, APB 2019 is also looking real.

Dude, like, dude, look, I know a lot of games that had equal / similar budgets and actually vanished. You cannot play them anymore. Even ones that are shutting down right now!  Knowing this community let me reply to myself in advance: "Really Jazeker? Tell us one game because you sound like a fanboiiii now."

Ok, look at Wildstar. Big game, big company, big budgets, big initial sales ...  it will close down on the 28th of Nov 2018.

I could make a list of similar titles but the main point is this: APB IS STILL HERE!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Jazeker said:

Hey that's weird; usually when a game fails you cannot play it anymore! Yet here we are: APB 2018 and besides that little fact, APB 2019 is also looking real.

Dude, like, dude, look, I know a lot of games that had equal / similar budgets and actually vanished. You cannot play them anymore. Even ones that are shutting down right now!  Knowing this community let me reply to myself in advance: "Really Jazeker? Tell us one game because you sound like a fanboiiii now."

Ok, look at Wildstar. Big game, big company, big budgets, big initial sales ...  it will close down on the 28th of Nov 2018.

I could make a list of similar titles but the main point is this: APB IS STILL HERE!

the only reason apb reloaded is still around is because a separate company realized they could buy the rights to a “$100,000,000 AAA game” for pennies on the dollar and milk it for a decade 

it doesn’t change the fact that the original apb 100% died, the game shut down and the studio went bankrupt 

20 minutes ago, Jazeker said:

wildstar closes down?

apb probably wouldnt be here if it wasnt for some (un)lucky circumstances. (such as g1 , which were kinda good in the beginning but got way worse - and lo getting the idea to buy the game

Edited by neophobia

Just now, neophobia said:

wildstar closes down?

Yeah, end of november. Think it was the 28th.

OT: This game is pay2win right? :^)

I could go on for a long time why this isn't why APB first run failed.

Also that 100mil number that people like to throw around was not just for APB but the entirety of RTW that had a number of projects they were working on.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

the only reason apb reloaded is still around is because a separate company realized they could buy the rights to a “$100,000,000 AAA game” for pennies on the dollar and milk it for a decade 

it doesn’t change the fact that the original apb 100% died, the game shut down and the studio went bankrupt 

Like you are state yourself; the studio died, the game survived. That's why g1 called it reloaded in the first place.

And here we are, playing the game, it is not death. You make no sense at all, apart from just wanting to claim APB is gone. It isn't. The studio is.

Other games did vanished. APB outlived them. Those game failed. APB is still fighting.

The OP sounds like a kid and need a narrator. Also screw OP for putting ads into this video.  

*needs

*stating

where is that edit button xD

*games

ah screw this, back to dinner xD

I just had to write a comment on the video because I feel the video is misleading if ill informed.

...GamersFirst had a tough job trying to make sense of the unique coding but were able to optimise the game to a stable state as well as add on new features and concepts but while the marketing style wasn't harsh, the prices of Armas Marketplace was high...

...Public relations from staff was poor as staff felt the extreme pressure and at times intimidated from the player base. Unfortunately staff let it get to them and started to gain a habit of not interacting with the player base at the determent of constructive feedback.

GamersFirst would also run out of time trying to upgrade the game engine after years of procrastinating. Little Orbit then in 2018 stepped in and within the first month addressed multiple social issues and set out to not make promises and didn't build up hype.

Overall APB did what a lot of hopeful games did, Built up overhype. The kicker was the game code which was rushed, unfinished and unique which would later hurt further development for years to come. I personally would disagree with the statement "APB failed to deliver what was promised" as it did mostly deliver what APB tried set out to be, but it had to be rushed out unfinished due to bankruptcy. but this wasn't a No Man's Sky situation where the game delivered was different in content from what was promised.

Any game that tries builds up a lot of hype and emphasises how good it is, only often serves to just set expectations higher leaving a lot of feeling of an anti-climax and disappointment.

What happened at Real Time Worlds really kind of set the foundations of the game to be rickety and problematic, but this wasn't intentional nor was it avoidable at the time.

Edited by VickyFox
  • Like 3

The only reason why APB is still here, is because the game itself didn't fail. The game was never bad. 

Management. Community. ... those are different stories.

And yeah what is it with this fake news salty angry video upload anyway? Trying to scare LO? Did Battleye finally put out a banwave or something?

k3k l0l gg

P.s. Look up the real old RTW videos. remember their names? Nostalgia and real info, not some infowars like bull-crap OP is providing.

ps.ps. now time for dessert xD

• Like 3

ok, these videos have been made every year.

It's sad they cant learn to google to get correct information.

• Like 1

80k views also! No shit the game's unpopulated, thanks youtubers.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, _chain said:

80k views also! No shit the game's unpopulated, thanks youtubers.

Idk I have seen more noobs lately.. maybe due to this?

Friendly reminder to be nice to new players, we need them.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pranking said:

Idk I have seen more noobs lately.. maybe due to this?

Friendly reminder to be nice to new players, we need them.

APB has always maintained a steady flow of new players, but the silver playerbase is so toxic towards them that they don't stick around for long.
5 years on and dethreating is still the biggest problem with this game.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Kiida said:

silver playerbase is so toxic towards them

"Golds are all cheaters! They're ruining MY fun! >:("

yet they want to ruin the fun of others. ya skill gap between good golds and bad silvers can be massive, but some times if you care about getting slammed you need to put a little effort into it, or else just be a casual gamer.

silver base most toxic. 100%

RTW APB probably sucked due to poorer controls and due to terrible weapon balance, i noticed these things while i watched some old gameplay footage.

5 hours ago, Kiida said:

APB has always maintained a steady flow of new players, but the silver playerbase is so toxic towards them that they don't stick around for long.

5 hours ago, iRawwwN said:

"Golds are all cheaters! They're ruining MY fun! >:("

yet they want to ruin the fun of others. ya skill gap between good golds and bad silvers can be massive, but some times if you care about getting slammed you need to put a little effort into it, or else just be a casual gamer.

silver base most toxic. 100%

Go into a bronze district as a new account and all you see are car surfing 4 stacks max rank of silvers with osmaws.

27 minutes ago, Shini said:

Go into a bronze district as a new account and all you see are car surfing 4 stacks max rank of silvers with osmaws.

Kids are evil.

3 hours ago, Shini said:

I don't doubt that one bit. 

A game that failed doesn't have to correlate with a game that is no longer playable.

Heroes of the Storm is a failure, yet Blizzard will probably support it for years to come, if only barely.

Just now, mynd said:

A game that failed doesn't have to correlate with a game that is no longer playable.

Heroes of the Storm is a failure, yet Blizzard will probably support it for years to come, if only barely.

Reminder that HOTS actually has the highest eSports payout/rewards in tournaments despite being one of their lower view numbers.