SpikyKitten

Blocking system update ideas

Small ideas for LO.
1. If you block someone their avatar is set to the loading default avatar. Or blocking anything made from the symbol editor.
2. Account blocking to block all there alts with one block.
3. If the user is perm banned or deletes their account they are removed from the block list so they don't take up space.
4. Client-side ignore list. This will allow players to have a small file on their own pc so it doesn't take up room on your servers. I don't want to remove one troll to add another If I block you I have a good reason to do so.

An added note.
I would love a streamer mode where you can block all avatars by default unless they're your friend. Or blocking anything made from the symbol editor for non-friends.

Extra note from Saxtus on Discord.
If you block someone their car is also set to a default type of that car.

Edited by SpikyKitten
Added 4. and updated the Idea to add symbol editor blocking.
  • Like 1

1. I like gloating over killing someone who annoys me too much so I personally don't like that one.

2. blocking by account i would prefer to be the same as ignoring so they just don't switch chars to troll and/or deceive like they do.

3. agreed I don't want my  blocking list to be taken up by a non existent entity

added note : steamer block

sounds bad for players because watching streams brings in new players when games look nice

to start liking APB but not seeing customization possibilities would make it more difficult to bring in new players

extra note : blocking cars

see #1 up above on my post

just my views on this

9 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

1. I like gloating over killing someone who annoys me too much so I personally don't like that one.

added note : steamer block

sounds bad for players because watching streams brings in new players when games look nice

to start liking APB but not seeing customization possibilities would make it more difficult to bring in new players

extra note : blocking cars

see #1 up above on my post

To my point is that people are putting things on streamers screens to try to get them banned from Twitch.
They bring a lot of attention to the game so a little self-moderation would be nice.

Also I had another person on discord want me to add they want the blocked cars to still have the kits just not symbols from the symbol editor.

Thank you to anyone who brings constructive criticism or new ideas to help LO make this game awesome!

i also had in mind that it would be nice to be able to disable car wraps altogether in the settings for low-end computers etc

• Like 1