Jazeker

So many cheaters

4 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Heres some of the main reasons why cheaters have resurfaced and arent being banned in a timely manor if at all

1. GMS cant ban. I mean come on gms need some kind of authority to remove cheaters and without it why even bother to have GMs log in? You cant rely on anti chat alone this was proven with G1.

2. No report system. Ok LO is making a better reporting system but @MattScott should have kept the old report system up and running untill they were ready to release the new system.

3. Support times are unreasonable. Come on 2 weeks waiting is too long let alone 2 months. LO needs to hire more support staff to keep up and maby ppl would report hackers more frequently.

4. Battleye is outdated. When it first came out it actually did get rid of the cheaters but since then LO hasnt kept it up to date to properly detect the bots and permaban the cheaters. Unless its constantly up to date the bots will have new versions released to get around the anti hack.

5. Cheating is community culture. This community is so toxic and so unwilling to actually play the right way they take any cheap way out they can to be gud. Grow a pair and start playing properly, shunning anyone who cheats and actively making sure cheaters dont prosper the APB culture could change and the game would be better to play. 

1. It's true gms can not ban however volunteer gms can lead to problems under the circumstances you are mentioning so I do not believe your way is a good idea. Not sure what would be a good idea either.

2. the old report system was useless and only spammed support with unusable crud. From what i was reading on other threads on why it was removed  it was for the best to remove it or support would be even worse now than it is.

3. agreed support is bad right now but I do not know their circumstances so a response from Little Orbit would be better so hopefully they answer on this part .

4. Little Orbit stated on other threads that BattleEye is updated regularly.

5. "Cheating is community culture" to me is an accurate statement , however if you are implying to name and shame I disagree with doing that part because it made us legit players toxic as well .

Another reason people  left APB was that we all became toxic from naming and shaming and  I'd rather not return to that point in history because people play games for fun and we need APB to grow after the damage of fair fight causing toxicity from naming and shaming

As a reminder no anti cheat is 100%

No engine upgrade is a magic wand fix it all ( but it will help go down the right path of a better APB)

and this guy

7 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Daily 'I am silver and got destroyed so everyone must be cheating' thread.

Add it to the pile.

is actually supposed to say that statement because we , the community , actually  told him on various threads of the new forums that this is his job to do so.

so please people do not harass him for doing his job.

44 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

is actually supposed to say that statement because we , the community , actually  told him on various threads of the new forums that this is his job to do so.

so please people do not harass him for doing his job.

And I am just doing my job.

4 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

And I am just doing my job.

do your job somewhere else old man, this is hackusator turf now

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Akito said:

i wanna burn my eyes out trying to read this

I thought reading this would burn your eyes out. 

On 11/22/2018 at 1:47 AM, Dezire said:

just play asylum for a couple minutes and you'll see lol. There's a group of 5 or so people constantly triggerbotting and then happily adverstising their little site in chat, and the site even has their names publicly displayed with a massive font right over the "BUY TRIGGERBOT" button. I'm honestly not sure how or why they haven't been banned yet but hey i can't name and shame so thats that :^)

I’ve reported them to Lixil, even gave some footage from their streams, I asked here in game when is she going to look in to my report, she said “today”, that was almost week ago and my message is not read yet

• Like 1

On 11/22/2018 at 6:24 PM, Kevkof said:

The  old system did literally nothing though, your reports basically went to /dev/null so I don't see what the point of that is.

Figured I'd discuss the points after all.

1. Fair enough, but those would have to be staff members as allowing players to be able to ban other players will lead to false bans.

2. See above

3. Support does indeed need to get fully up to speed (but they're getting there, slowly)

4. I'm not sure if it's as easy to keep it up to date on this current engine. But the updates to this should be as frequent as possible, even if that delays the engine by a week or 2 more

5. I doubt the culture is going to change without a massive rework of the players and how things are handled.

Gms are staff. The only way u get the title of GM is to be employed by LO and no support has been falling further behind as the ticket times are increasing. They need to either hire more staff, increase the hrs the current staff answers tickets or i like this one the most, increase the staff and increase the hrs in which they work.

On 11/22/2018 at 7:05 PM, BXNNXD said:

im pretty sure this isnt a fact, despite you presenting it as such

even if it was a fact, im also pretty sure that would be more of a battleye problem than an apb problem

If battle eye isnt working its both a battle eye and LO problem as its LOs responsibility to keep the game as cheat free as possible and since GMs have no power its even stronger that they ensure their anti hack is working.

29 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Gms are staff. The only way u get the title of GM is to be employed by LO

Sure, but not all GM's are staff, some are volunteers as pointed out by Flight: 

7 hours ago, Flight said:

The in-game GMs are a mixture between employees and volunteers, with varying rights.

31 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

support has been falling further behind as the ticket times are increasing. They need to either hire more staff

Then why did Matt Scott post that they're actually catching up on tickets, due to the new staff they added to the support team:

Here are the monthly stats from 1 month after they were hired:

1224 New Tickets

1536 Solved
4038 Interactions with players on tickets
Net result: -312 Tickets

In this case, we gained ground by end up with 312 less tickets than we started with.

Complaining is all well and good. It has to be done, to get the proper reactions to it, but when you complain please do use correct information otherwise the argument has nowhere to go

• Like 1

On 11/21/2018 at 9:49 AM, Keshi said:

add this to the pile

this "add this to the pile" thing is beacoming a community meme already

add it to the pile.

about cheaters, i tend to not find any at the silver NA districts (or, if they are arround, they are pretty darn bad), but idk about fightclub.

I've seen a few in fightclub recently which were pretty blatant, but still not nearly as much as it was before.