Iodyne

Community GM'S will basically be SPCM

It is a customer service job, so yeah expect to get a lot of flack. If you think that LO being the backer changes that then you will be sadly mistaken.

It should NEVER be about popularity... It should be people who are good at talking or helping... 

Just because someone has 99999 posts doesn't mean he or she should be TGM... There are 100s of unknowns who help newbies daily, with their knowledge, they should be TGM... 

• Like 3

On 5/31/2018 at 5:50 AM, iPlumbum said:

Who are these people.

Anyone with a high post count should become GM 

They all NA players besides Revoluzzer, if i remember correctly. Only one i have ever talked to is Genobee though, it was at the time I used to be in wasp on joker / jericho, a pretty chill and nice guy to be around with.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Rolpack said:

VeRd6ZS.png

Oh... All the way down at the bottom... Far past any area I ever looked on any forum....

If any of you SPCM 2.0 """GMs""" future or present are reading this thread, please spend more time in action districts and out of social as much as possible. 

People in social don't need your help, the people fighting dethreaters in bronze districts need your help more than anyone who can't press M and figure out where the kiosks are. If you really are a direct conduit between the community and Little Orbit, your first and foremost goal should be monitoring action districts to help alleviate the myriad of issues players new and old are facing. This will not only add credibility to your title, but you'd be directly assisting in APB's come back by combating what is arguably the biggest population killer the game faces, dethreating.

Just some food for thought from a long time player.

2 hours ago, Nymphi--DoubleDee said:

Oh... All the way down at the bottom... Far past any area I ever looked on any forum....

Its on the top aswell.

3 hours ago, Nymphi--DoubleDee said:

4c409b40ef1a78e8221025d3467bf840.png

5 hours ago, Rolpack said:

Its on the top aswell.

5 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

4c409b40ef1a78e8221025d3467bf840.png

Oh... That's why...Not on mobile.

On 6/20/2018 at 5:08 PM, Chinook said:

My 2 cents: try to pick people who are fluent in more than just one language.

Players who struggle most with the game are often those who also struggle with english.

OMG, thank you for bringing that up.  When we monitored forums, this was always an area I felt that didn't get enough attention.  I know a few of us that would sit and try to translate forum posts and answer but it took a long time if you say... knew Spanish but not Portuguese.  I can tell you from experience... Spanish is NOTHING like Portuguese and Google translate still needed time to get better!  so yea.. would love to see this happen too!  Great point.

On 6/20/2018 at 7:37 PM, Vanille said:

I'd rather the applicants get approved based on competence and not popularity. If you can have both, that's great. As an ex-SPCM I can tell you that this new program has the advantage of less negative stigma in the air. It was hard to get taken seriously as an SPCM by anything other than newer players and in my experience the frustration was taken out on me and most likely other SPCMs, since we had a "connection" to G1. I was either spammed with troll questions to waste my time or just straight up harassed multiple times. The SPCMs I worked with were all very commited but I think over time this sort of stuff really demotivated us.

However, this new program is coming from LO which has already done good for the community and keeps hope growing. With this new atmosphere surrounding the game I believe I can reach alot more players more effectively, which is why I applied.

So much truth.  The program itself went through many changes and reinventions.  I am certain that vets like you can help give great advice and experience.  I've always liked your posts, even if they stung a little =D

On 5/31/2018 at 5:26 AM, Iodyne said:

@cookie 

Yes those are imprtant qualifications...but those are just statistics that they can view. I think it goes a little deeper as well...because there are members who meet all those prerequisites who have proven to be unfit to wield any form of authority or power. Some people who backed up everything tiggs said and did and "fairfight is never wrong,  all people on ff cheated" etc and witch-hunted, along with some of the forum Moderators who banned based on personal reasons other than the Terms of Service, but were never repremanded or questioned.

Which is why I think it'd be helpful to acknowledge people who actually would be good at the job from people who know more about the individual community members.

To be fair, nothing was done without prior approval so no one was a lone gun in the forum bans.  At least at the time that I was leader, these had to be approved first.  I can't say what happened for the past 1 year or so though.

@TrinityRise

what happened in that last year of g1 forums was Mod20 going God Mode and banning people for having opinions he/she didn't like.

i said as a joke in a post, "i wish i knew who was DDosing the game so I can make them a T-shirt." (since i've always figured i got in-game banned for giving Epicgoat a Tshirt.)

mod20 perma-banned me from forums without warning for this. The reason given in my ticket was: "Supporting DDos attacks".

They wrote, "You have been caught encouraging and supporting attacks against the game and the community, for some time you have been part of this community forums, you have been allowed to post and comment. There is no way someone supporting this kind of attacks can be allowed to stay and to form part of this community. You are now being removed from this community forums, reason: Supporting cyber-attacks against the game an the community."

Then he/she began IP banning me when I'd try to make a new account. Reason give: for "spamming"...which was just a lie they made up to keep me banned.

which was all pretty ridiculous since all i ever do is post apb fanart on here and make people outfits in-game...like...lol..

So, I think even though some people meet the qualifications for mod privileges...there's a lot of thought police who shouldn't be mods. i mean there were a dozen or so other cases of mod20 banning people who did less than I did, without warnings or anything

Edited by iodyne_

its likely that all the new gm noobs will infact be noobs who cant aim

also good luck finding a good player who has access to bronze district ahhahahahahaha

so yes a requirement for being a gm should be gold threat because if ur silver after 1000 hours you are incapable of helping new players whats so ever

On 6/22/2018 at 10:07 AM, Nymphi--DoubleDee said:

Oh... That's why...Not on mobile.

Admin tracker on mobile is the page icon at the top, next to the home button

5 hours ago, Niggs said:

its likely that all the new gm noobs will infact be noobs who cant aim

also good luck finding a good player who has access to bronze district ahhahahahahaha

so yes a requirement for being a gm should be gold threat because if ur silver after 1000 hours you are incapable of helping new players whats so ever

The GMs aren't there to make someone a better player. They are there to help out new players, answer questions, and make sure others are not breaking the TOS. You also realize LO would have the ability to allow GM accounts to access any district regardless of threat. The threat level does not make a bit of difference. 

7 hours ago, Niggs said:

Ummm... you realize a GM can enter any district they want right?

• Like 1

My requirements for GMs have nothing to do of how many posts someone has on the forums, nor if someone has 1000000 hours in the game. 

I will not be taking any names given to me for GMs, if they applied they will get a fair chance like everyone else.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

On 6/24/2018 at 9:51 AM, Lixil said:

My requirements for GMs have nothing to do of how many posts someone has on the forums, nor if someone has 1000000 hours in the game. 

I will not be taking any names given to me for GMs, if they applied they will get a fair chance like everyone else.

Its anyway bullshoot to make random scrubs GMs.

These  are not neutral, they are probably some pathetic bad players who were hackusating everyone in the past or even cheated themselves.

95% in this forum think they are good players, but they are not.

On 6/24/2018 at 10:08 AM, Halelulia said:

Its anyway bullshoot to make random scrubs GMs.

These  are not neutral, they are probably some pathetic bad players who were hackusating everyone in the past or even cheated themselves.

95% in this forum think they are good players, but they are not.

Being a GM is more then skill, but unfortunately we can't assume every good player will be a good moderator (and vice versa)
That's why there's application and Lixil is going through them thoroughly, picking the right people shouldn't be an issue. 

It's not up to the community to nominate or vote for their favourite applicants, for very good reasons. The reasons mentioned for each favourite in the post I think is one good example of why. LO have their own criteria they are looking for and are unbiased in their selections, which is how it should be.

Edited by SilverCrow

Sadira as GM? Oh lord, the chaos that will come after... I can only imagine.

Just kidding. +1 for Sadira

tbh I dunno how u can determine whose good and who isnt just based on forum activity and game hours. The only way is when you read or hear the person write/talk professionally, like submitting a resume or application (Im assuming thats the case here). I wouldnt have minded applying but my schedule is all over the place. So I guess setting aside x amount of hours or minutes per day/s would be important too. 

I remember in the past a few people helped me out when with the forum bans and stuff. I think Ashley helped a lot and another person I cant remember. I had like, 4 warnings just because my sig was 1 pixel oversized. Over the years, the warnings slowly increased so I reasoned with her that some warnings should fade out over years if you dont make them again. And she saw reasoning and took them away. I think I messaged her ingame about this. So kudos to her for taking out the time. I would like to see more like her, out of experiencing this first hand. 

2 hours ago, Lixil said:

But... Can we still apply, as you are going through the stack? Or... No? I didn't see the notice till late, and long work hours....

39 minutes ago, Nymphi--DoubleDee said:

But... Can we still apply, as you are going through the stack? Or... No? I didn't see the notice till late, and long work hours....

no

Just nvm close thread thanks

Edited by iodyne_

Litteraly no-one? Oof...

Back to shitposting, then!VnOlsp7.gif

Other edit made my post obsolete. But it’s still staying!!

Edited by AsgerLund