MattScott

Updates on APB development progress

Guess Spring will be the time where I get my coal shoveling shovel dusted off for building up steam for ye ole hypetrain...

animation.gif

• Like 1

The consoles are the curse of this game.RTW make dat misstake and G1 as well..and now continues.Instead of making the original PC version great and after dat when team,resources etc are big enough - then making the consoles.But no..and now game chokes and will choke till its dead...(my opinion only ofc,nothing against console players theyr stuck in da sht like all)

Edited by TheMessiah

7 hours ago, MattScott said:

Based on where we are in the process, I have recently started reaching out to specific community members about reforming the SPCT. Our goal here was to choose veteran players that covered a wide range of play styles who could devote time to testing with us and give in depth feedback. They are under NDA, none of them will be able to publicly discuss what they are working on.

Looks at PM's.. oh.. okay

• Like 1

Sounds like you guys are putting in a lot of work and effort. Cannot wait to get my hands on it!

Finally some good news. Good to see the SPCT getting reformed, Hopefully you don't make the same mistake by picking the wrong people for it as it has been done with some GM's.

Edited by Nev

12 minutes ago, Nev said:

Good to see the SPCT getting reformed, Hopefully you don't make the same mistake by picking the wrong people for it as it has been done with some GM's.

You were in SPCT? If yes, you joined before we get renamed from Test Monkeys?

35 minutes ago, Nev said:

Finally some good news. Good to see the SPCT getting reformed, Hopefully you don't make the same mistake by picking the wrong people for it as it has been done with some GM's.

as far as i’m aware there was always pretty decent people in spct, it was just a matter of g1 consistently ignoring their input 

• Thanks 1

APB Reloaded will back with a thousand of players and a clean engine in 2019, that's what i am thinking.

You will see LO you don't buy this game for nothing, also free for test veteran player here 😄

Thanks for the update, really appreciate it!

While we're on subject of SPCT... Will there also be a come back of SPCM? @MattScott

• Like 1

Thanks for such a detailed update!  Though I'm primarily a PC player it's good to hear the console versions may be getting the features the PC version already has, as well as some optimizations that'll hopefully boost it over 15 fps.  Just out of curiosity, is the console version going to be getting the Day/Night cycle at any point?

Although the engine update seems far away, this is the kind of information i like to see. Great update!

Cool cool, hope it all works out well my dude.

6 hours ago, Szambi said:

While we're on subject of SPCT... Will there also be a come back of SPCM? @MattScott

I'm for this , however IIRC Matt said "SPCM will not be coming back in it's current state" then he informed us of the "volunteer GM program" i guess that was the replacement.

The best substitute for SPCM (for me at least) is every time i log in just inform everyone they can ask you questions about anything APB related (maybe even drop some trivia every now and then).

I spend on average 2 hours just answering questions (obviously alot of what i tell people can be answered by pressing T and reading the tutorial but i'm not here to judge)

30% of those 2 hours are people in social district asking "Where can I find a door?".

Edited by Zolerox

I hate to be "that guy" but, we have had these same kind of updates where we are close...but have to do this and that for years!

Having said that, I really appreciate the update and hope that you will continue to do them, but wish we could actually see some light at the end of the tunnel

I also want to note, that I know it is not your fault and I am not intending to criticize. I just want to give my point of view

I sometimes wish we wouldn't allow the console issues to slow down the progress on the PC side

I have a feeling I will be making this same post at the end of 2019, but I hope not

I know I am not alone

Kinda disappointed that the Engine Update will be postponed till April next year (if we are lucky) but I hope it will be for the best.

Also, how will you decide who gets in SPCM? I am interested in joining to help test on OTW.

Most of us have been waiting for 5 years for this moment!

1 hour ago, Nickolai said:

Kinda disappointed that the Engine Update will be postponed till April next year (if we are lucky) but I hope it will be for the best.

Also, how will you decide who gets in SPCM? I am interested in joining to help test on OTW.

Most of us have been waiting for 5 years for this moment!

You're interested in joining so you can feel privileged :^) just like everywhere else you go, too bad you can't handle recognition or fame that well. lmao.

On 11/21/2018 at 1:37 PM, Saxtus said:

You were in SPCT? If yes, you joined before we get renamed from Test Monkeys?

Long time ago and yes

Edited by Nev

2 hours ago, ch4ncer said:

You're interested in joining so you can feel privileged :^) just like everywhere else you go, too bad you can't handle recognition or fame that well. lmao.

Ehhh no, i really could care less about the fame. I'm just tired of waiting 5 years for this update. I would like to help test it and get my hands on it.

On 11/21/2018 at 3:34 PM, Szambi said:

SPCM was utterly useless I don't see why it should come back at all. It was basically Tiggs' favorites club.

I think that 64-bit support will make the game run really well on most setups, really looking forward to this and thanks for the update 🙂 

Its great to hear things are moving along. As a vet from 2011 ive stacked up over 3500hrs in APB and would love to see it find its former glory. I dont have as much time nowadays due to working and being back in school but id love to throw ideas around as I can still do that.

5 hours ago, Nickolai said:

Ehhh no, i really could care less about the fame. I'm just tired of waiting 5 years for this update. I would like to help test it and get my hands on it.

I guess you got nothing else going on huh ? Waiting so eagerly for something in a game.

1 hour ago, ch4ncer said:

I guess you got nothing else going on huh ? Waiting so eagerly for something in a game.

have you never had a hobby you were super interested in?