MattScott

Updates on APB development progress

5 hours ago, Nickolai said:

Do you guys have ANY plans on improving the clan system as a whole?

Territories, sprays (instead of default enf/crim spray on mission it should be your clan logo), Clan ranks, Coffers, a Distribution system for clan clothes/cars/symbols ect?

Here's my ramble about territories

Forwarding what you said - Clan rep as spraying symbols to represent yourself is one, but clan territories might be too far ahead to think of. It would take all up to UE 4 and after when territorial system sees improvement, there would need to be a lot of planning for clan territories... Timers, limits, benefits, inclusiveness of benefit to the loners and interest. (cuz that is often missed in these things). For ex - A Financial is split into relatively small territories of interest in the city, which could be taken over by clans for benefit of media income. A new way of earning cash for holding ground or taking over more ground. Seasonal, so it's not a chore to do it. Once a week there is a 2 day period of taking ground and then it's set in stone 'till next opening. And those who are clanless, but still want to earn a slice that could be gotten, could work towards a territory. It's like a non-binding contract where you get your hands dirty in the territory under a clan to earn a bit of cash without having to be in a clan. In the end everyone gets some sort of interest with numbers. People like seeing numbers go up (even if it doesn't really bring much). So - overall rep for participation, success and failure.

Here's ramble about the clan panel

Though what I see now that could be improved is the system of adding, removing, managing and interacting with clan members. I think clans could have their own clothing elements and members could Choose to go thorough the clan panel to receive clan representative clothing pieces that a designer (who made them) chooses to add for the clan. No more duping and emailing clothes to clan members. With that, I would like to also say that what could be nice is roles. Roles you could make yourself or have simple roles - <Owner> <Commander (Make officers and designers)> <Officer (moderate regular players)> <Designer (to be in charge of clothing)>
Clan announcements could be displayed as events to bring attention to members of the clan.

All of these are just personal taste suggestions.

I'm still interested in
- Would future APB present actual car races (given that vehicle controls get fixed/changed and upgrades would land more impact for vehicle performance).
- Would future APB give animation more love and give AI bit more love? I feel like for the time, it was enough, but for me it feels like a sandbox shooter where criminals and enforcers are just above all law, than a town that is filled with chaos. I guess I want to see the feeling where you're actually just a bug in the city making noise, than just being fuck-all careless.
- Would future APB's shooting change? Would it be played around with new missions where just shooting the enemy isn't the only thing that is necessary or it would be re-done?

I don't know whether LO can answer these yet, but I am still curious.

Edited by Pufty

On 11/26/2018 at 1:40 AM, MattScott said:

Yes.

Before you start advertising you should try to make the game nicer, safer for new players. Matchmaking system is bad so you can't expect new players to stick around if they will get stomped by veteran players. New players are crucial if you want this game to survive. Not only there will be more population, but they will also bring more money to the company. 

• Like 1

With the engine upgrade will the game config files finally be encrypted so it can't be modified outside of the game ?

People using configs with "no smoke , no muzzle flash , etc" are really unfair ,  why should normal players have to deal with all the smoke and particles while the config users doesn't ?

i understand that they want FPS , but in certain scenarios those configs actually gives an unfair adventage .

but this shouldn't be a thing , especially after the engine upgrade where performence should be better .

Edited by Ketog
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Ketog said:

With the engine upgrade will the game config files finally be encrypted so it can't be modified outside of the game ?

People using configs with "no smoke , no muzzle flash , etc" are really unfair ,  why should normal players have to deal with all the smoke and particles while the config users doesn't ?

i understand that they want FPS , but in certain scenarios those configs actually gives an unfair adventage .

but this shouldn't be a thing , especially after the engine upgrade where performence should be better .

Most of these changes aren't private anymore; you can use them if you want. Also, this won't make your life any better, in other words, if you suck without them you'll still suck while using them.

In fact some of those changes can actually mess your gameplay up instead of helping, and I believe that at this point, using them is more of an "I want to be edGy gamer haha" then trying to improve the game performance itself.

Even if they encrypt their files, someone will keep updating and using them. Thats just how APB players like to deal with stuff that gives them the pseudo exclusivity look.

Never thought of checking subforum discussions to find this...good news!

On 11/25/2018 at 10:59 PM, Kewlin said:

Vendetta was never supposed to be a successor to APB, it was a spinoff.

I'm well aware of that. But it was an attempt at taking the APB lore and do something new with it, instead of working on the same old game that has a rough reputation.

On 11/26/2018 at 1:40 AM, MattScott said:

Yes. But we made the call to focus on 3.5 since it was a much faster timeline. More on this in the future.

Hey, good to hear. That's something I was just really curious about.

On 11/25/2018 at 5:59 AM, Ketog said:

Hello that's a bit out of topic ( i really shing you guys should open a devlopper Q&A topic ) but i wanted to ask about the second car that was supposed to come after the IO:GROWL

https://apbreloaded.gamersfirst.com/2015/07/as-we-head-into-august-with-apb.html

on this post we could see"on of the two new san paro manufacturers" car and if i remember correctly there was older blogpost also mentioning it  .

Was the model / designing of the car done , and can we expect it anytime soon ?

I can shed some light on that

"Is there any plans to introduce more vehicle variety? Currently the Vegas 4x4 is the win-all car. It has (almost) max speed, max HP, max ramming power, and can hold a heavy item. Back in the day, people used to drive different vehicles for different advantages. Now, the only reason to use anything other than 4x4 is for aesthetics, while essentially gimping yourself. I'd really like to see people driving Moirai's, Cisco's and T25's again.

Yes, as a matter of fact we are working and will be announcing the introduction of one new vehicle for sure and aiming to release a second shortly after. These vehicles are not kits and will be from new manufacturers that have not been seen in game as of yet. As we get closer to the release, keep an eye out on billboards and other media elements in game for images and such (we of course will post them on the forums as well).

Presently the manufacturers and vehicle names are:

The IO Motor Car Company – Model Codename: GROWL
Whirlwind Automotive – Model Codename: MIRAGE "

From here Link

From the name I assume it's a sports car/bike (i'm just kidding) or luxury vehicle like the Moira Or at least when it was first proposed.

No images exist as growl was the only one to make it through apb's messy bug launching somehow made valentines day event turn on when battleEye was launched Shaw-opgl-cd, buggy engine.

@MattScott I'm also interested to if any of the model work was done or even some code lieing around under a box or something

(do some digging and let us know if "mirage" was ever started ; ) .

Edited by Zolerox