moxxichixx

(GAME) NEW consumables for the future? [list + icons]

Hey all, here is my suggestion for more consumables that in my opinion could be added in APB. I like diversity and unique battles so I am suggesting more stuff to make the game more fun! I made a list under of what I would like to see in the future for when it comes to consumables so maybe more will be added. I made other threads about weapon mods and car mods. Please note that this thread is for consumables and not modifications. 😄

[Radar Beacon]

HO5LiSK.png

Effects:

Deploys a Radar Beacon

Detects enemies within 10m

Consumable appears on Radar of detected enemies

This consumable is inspired by the modification for vehicles 'Mobile Radar Tower'. It would act the same way but instead it would be a deployable Radar Beacon that detects enemies for half of the range. Just like the satchel charge, it would take only one bullet to destroy it (and do no damage). Your location reveal could be crucial for the opposite team.

HO5mh8X.png

[Poximity Mine]

HO66BzS.png

Effects:

Deploys a Proximity Mine

Detonates after 1.5s when enemies are within 5m

Spots hostiles opponents caught in the blast radius for 3s. (inspired by flare ammo but I am not sure about adding this one...)

Enemy players can see when they are tagged.

Can be destroyed without causing explosive damage if the mine is shot at.

Causes 30% health damage with very low hard damage* and a blast radius of 5m.

*Satchel Charge already have a high amount of hard damage

Since there is no mines in this game already I thought we could add them as consumable to make it easier. Carrying it like any medium item in game this consumable would be very good for flankers and to protect objectives in a mission. Having a delay on it before it detonate makes it more fair and balanced since this item doesn't fall in category of grenades. A small damage input would make it worthy for moments where it is crucial to have more defense than attack and lacking help of reinforcement. Perfect for narrow places packed with enemies! 🙂

[Invisibility Mutagen Vial]

HO5KHec.png

Effects:

+80% invisibility

+300% footstep noises

-20% health

Appear on Radar of enemies within 10m

Disables Player Name while active.

Removes invisibility if damage is taken or the player fires a weapon.

Invisibility duration could last up to 8 seconds.

Inspired from the Epidemic Event for it's name, this vial will give the player a stealth advantage in fights at the cost of health and louder footstep noises. Removing the player name tag above their head makes it difficult for friendlies to notice if it is an ally or an enemy. Otherwise it is a great tool for stealth infiltration in missions but the enemies can detect you or hear you louder if you are too close to them making it more fair.

HO5UBbp.png OFFHO5UH2v.png ON

80% transparency preview

Edited by moneychixx
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

How about instead of adding new consumables, just delete them all from the game?

• Like 3

If Radar Beacon has the hard damage as a boom box then it may be a bit strong, I can envisage times when it could be considered OP but also valuable. half the range of a Mobile Radar Tower, That's perfectly fine.

The Proxy-Mine is a anti-personnel mine, so I find myself going why not keep it's affect but have it as a claymor?

Invisible Mutagen Vial i think is pushing the boundaries of what would be appropriate and fitting to APB's theme...

Also I feel that this would be one of the most disposable and quickly used up consumables if invisibility is lifted from damage being taken or the user shoots their weapon. However I something that would make it more worth while is taking inspiration from the Raptor 45 condor: 3 shots from the user would remove the affect, If the player gets 10% health or stamina damage then again the consumable stops.

This would make it a bit more viable and snipers* would only be able to get 1 kill.

I am not sure if it would be possible to have Invisible Mutagen Vial would have any affect making guns invisible due to skins.

...I do see applications of how I.M.V. can be used but I'm not sure if APB is quite ready for this, it seems a bit scifi/fantasy for APB's theme.

One has to remember that holiday events are just that, yearly one off event that don't really reflect the overall lore, feel and theme of APB, Just a special occasion to do something exceptional.

Oh and It is still a mod, It's a consumable mod, they go where other player mods go!

No offense but this "invisible mutagen vial" itz an huge bullshoot for fitting in APB.

Edited by iDontThinkSo

6 hours ago, VickyFox said:

If Radar Beacon has the hard damage as a boom box then it may be a bit strong, I can envisage times when it could be considered OP but also valuable. half the range of a Mobile Radar Tower, That's perfectly fine.

The Proxy-Mine is a anti-personnel mine, so I find myself going why not keep it's affect but have it as a claymor?

Invisible Mutagen Vial i think is pushing the boundaries of what would be appropriate and fitting to APB's theme...

Also I feel that this would be one of the most disposable and quickly used up consumables if invisibility is lifted from damage being taken or the user shoots their weapon. However I something that would make it more worth while is taking inspiration from the Raptor 45 condor: 3 shots from the user would remove the affect, If the player gets 10% health or stamina damage then again the consumable stops.

This would make it a bit more viable and snipers* would only be able to get 1 kill.

I am not sure if it would be possible to have Invisible Mutagen Vial would have any affect making guns invisible due to skins.

...I do see applications of how I.M.V. can be used but I'm not sure if APB is quite ready for this, it seems a bit scifi/fantasy for APB's theme.

One has to remember that holiday events are just that, yearly one off event that don't really reflect the overall lore, feel and theme of APB, Just a special occasion to do something exceptional.

Oh and It is still a mod, It's a consumable mod, they go where other player mods go!

Thank you for your feedback VickyFox! I see that the IMV cause many people to be septical about it. I'll admit maybe it would be hard to get used to at first but if the consumable isn't easy to always access it could perhaps be balanced and unique but I understand what you mean by it is pushing the boundaries. Also the radar beacon that I suggested doesn't do any hard damage, it is simply a Radar. You are right about the claymore but I was just suggesting that name because I know we can't always use the real names just like Ntec is not a AK-47 :P. Also there is a consumable that affect the character which is called Epinephrine Injector! 😄 Thank you again for the feedback thought I understand why the vial isn't the best idea... ^-^

Edited by moneychixx

Thoughts on partial invisibility: Situational.

Rule of thumb, if something is very situational it can fit in. Plus, it's a consumable. People would have to wait for it to drop, then equip it instead of something more general and less situational (shield, heal). I wouldn't complain if it was implemented.

It doesn't really matter if there's a name shown or not for allies since they can just hover the crosshair over your character and it would change in color (but duh, it takes time and consumes calories to actually do it so people would complain anyway)

On 11/21/2018 at 9:45 AM, swft said:

How about instead of adding new consumables, just delete them all from the game?

Or make them permanent mods as unlocks rather than consumables.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

This so much. Doing so would shift the meta too, and maybe we would see something else than Field Supplier/Blowtorch/Remdet as a meta modification.
Because right now consumables give an unfair edge over one another, and it should be either that or completely removed.

• Thanks 1

yes.

no (play any game with close quarters combat and 3 or more people using "bouncing betty's" see how fun it is)

no (however not impossible APB already has done it "Headless horsemen" ring a bell?)

On 11/22/2018 at 1:40 PM, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Hey now. No being reasonable allowed on the APB forums. 

Really wish they would've listened back when they first introduced consumables. People have been asking ever since to just make them permanent and be done with it. Just too much of a hassle with them being limited. Wholly pointless concept that just doesn't really work out too terribly well. I'd rather they make limited ones for the holidays or something. Then leave the regular ones as permanent. 

Actually.. hm. Alternative designs to them for holiday themes would be quite interesting. Could provide more incentive to partake in holiday content. Then they could offer a permanent one for X on armas. We'd be getting more in-game content for free and they'd make a bit of extra cash off it all. Win-win, no?

6 hours ago, Genobee said:

Alternative designs to them for holiday themes would be quite interesting. Could provide more incentive to partake in holiday content.

Personally I can't think of any different implementation of that idea than recolouring ammo boxes to look like presents. What would you propose for, let's say, the Mobile Shield? Or the Epinephrine Injector?

11 hours ago, MartinPL said:

Personally I can't think of any different implementation of that idea than recolouring ammo boxes to look like presents. What would you propose for, let's say, the Mobile Shield? Or the Epinephrine Injector?

mobile shield could turn into a large xmas tree ornament, an easter egg, a small row of candy canes, a skull, etc

epinephrine could probably be modified so that the usage has different holiday related effects (snowfall, bats, leaves, etc) instead of the blue smoke

usage sounds for consumables could be altered as well: jingle bells, evil pumpkin laughter, the headless horseman vegas horn scream, turkey gobble gobble sounds, etc

1 hour ago, BXNNXD said:

mobile shield could turn into a large xmas tree ornament, an easter egg, a small row of candy canes, a skull, etc

epinephrine could probably be modified so that the usage has different holiday related effects (snowfall, bats, leaves, etc) instead of the blue smoke

usage sounds for consumables could be altered as well: jingle bells, evil pumpkin laughter, the headless horseman vegas horn scream, turkey gobble gobble sounds, etc

I'm kind of on edge on the mobile shield part (mostly because of the horrible issues with hitboxes these things would probably have, especially with the egg and the skull since they're more spherical objects. That being said, the rest honestly doesn't sound too bad. Could definitely add a tiny bit of seasonal flavor to the game.

I'd be fine with that happening - but not now. For now, I just hope LO manages to release the Engine Upgrade on PC and address the many concerns about the game.

Cool ideas, not sure about the invisibility mutagen vial though, it could easily be very OP but it gives tactical value in certain encounters. You could sneak in and do an objective for example. 

it seemed cool until i seen the invisibliity thing .

The first consumable is cool i like it

The second one , i also like it , but 30% damage is a lot , i would suggest to just completely remove the damage because if it was still there , i would just be marking people that are tagged 30% basically , wich is a bit much if you have to defend/attack a point .

scratch that invisibility thing , it doesn't fit APB at all , apb is an urban combat game , not a phantasy game with spells , i wonder how even you came up with that and thought it would fit APB.

Edited by Ketog