Lixil

Delayed announcement regarding GMs/Mods

10 hours ago, Lixil said:

Posting support replies/Private messages from other players

Lixil

So i can no longer post all those priceless PMs telling me to go kill myself / get banned / get cancer? Or when i get scammed cuz im stupid?

14 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Pretty sure most player cant even legally smoke... let alone drink. 

Lucky for me, Im old. I will gladly have some beer since you recommend it. 

6 minutes ago, ❤BR)))❤ said:

Over here (In Germany) you can have beer once you turn 16. :^)

So colour me unimpressed xd

Please stop distracting the Community Manager and her team, pulling them away from forward movement.

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Thelnformer said:

So i can no longer post all those priceless PMs telling me to go kill myself / get banned / get cancer? Or when i get scammed cuz im stupid?

You are to report all of those things to support through https://support.gamersfirst.com , not post them on the forum.

You are not to share anything that support has emailed to you. It is for your eyes only.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RitualLobotomy said:

[snip]

If Matt and Lixil have been already extremely kind and communicative, this attitude of you coming here to clarify these things for everyone point by point is just gold, thank you.

I think some might be putting their expectations a bit too high and getting involved very deep and the anxiety will make some people forget to enjoy the ride.

Personally I'm very positive about any changes even if it is not something I wouldn'd expect or feel comfortable with from the first moment. And it is naive to think you guys don't know what are you doing. It was a very good approach from the beginning from every one of you, here in the forums and ingame.

Btw, @RitualLobotomy Have you seen these videos of the old GMs doing crazy stuff like the Elf Hunt event and such?

Edited by Salvick
Edit: I was meant to say "wouldn't expect"
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, AsgerLund said:

Please stop distracting the Community Manager and her team, pulling them away from forward movement.

Reveal hidden contents

giphy.gif

HOW did you do that spoiler? Edit: Nvm

Also - uh... I can't tell if this was supposed to be a joke...

Oh [ spoiler ] works. Hm.

Edited by ❤BR)))❤

27 minutes ago, ❤BR)))❤ said:

Over here (In Germany)

Germany you say?

RryJ8bn.gif

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Salvick said:

If Matt and Lixil have been already extremely kind and communicative, this attitude of you coming here to clarify these things for everyone point by point is just gold, thank you.

I think some might be putting their expectations a bit too high and getting involved very deep and the anxiety will make some people forget to enjoy the ride.

Personally I'm very positive about any changes even if it is not something I would expect or feel comfortable with from the first moment. And it is naive to think you guys don't know what are you doing. It was a very good approach from the beginning from every one of you, here in the forums and ingame.

Btw, @RitualLobotomy Have you seen these videos of the old GMs doing crazy stuff like the Elf Hunt event and such?

Thank you for your kind words 🙂 And yes we are aware of such events. The sooner we get the right people to help us, the sooner we shall have interesting things planned and executed 😄 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So, I hope people realise that they have had literally 4 business days to work through what I can only guess as over 2000+ support tickets.

It'll take them time to actually sift through the required info per ticket and provide the most valid response and action.

Let's say optimistically that it takes them 5 minutes to do one ticket. Extrapolate that over a day. Times that number by 4. That's a highly optimistic amount of tickets they have done since now.

Since I have no idea how many people are in the support team, you can see this is not a quick task.

Also, in fear of being accused of backseat moderating, can people chill on the forums? We've finally got a greatly communicative team that go that little bit further to stay in touch and keep you up to date. Don't squander that relationship by being immature on the forums.

• Like 8

APB community at its finest as usual.

cant say im surprised though, bit disappointed i guess.

there's always some people that have to go and mess thing's up for the larger majority but it will get better i hope.

Edited by iTzHaze
typo

I appreciate all efforts, optimism and positivty by the Community Manager and GM's, this was very sought out and unfortunately wasn't something that was available in abudnace for a long time. What I don't appreciate is  ̶p̶e̶o̶p̶l̶e̶  absolute idiots who try to annoy or put down any initiated progress or positive vibes, just exterminate them, that's what they feed off.

Old APB had turned into a cesspool for hackers, trolls and toxic people, they are still present but not as much, it can still be fixed.

Edited by ch4ncer
  • Like 3

I know this might be a hard concept to grasp, but you can be a volunteer reguardless of a title... people remember you for the time you spend helping others and growing as a community, not some thing you can just flash around and use for popularity. If you all are as into helping the community as you say, then why not go out there and do it. Dont let a position stop you from caring about the real problems of today (right now). As i been stealthly looking through fourms I often just see people complaining about this or that, or how each person on the thread has to 1 up or deminish the previous post someone has made. I personally dont feel like anyone commenting here should be it. For its a loud minority and silent majority. Again, Just helpout in your own way the best you can. If everyone did this, we could see an even more increasing change in population/community/family. Also!! Just a reminder, tiggs is still very well part of this community. You guys are just telling the gms something shes probably already explained. Scince she more then anyone has gotten the experience on how the community really is. It seems people forget about that 🙂

Edited by Jukin
Correction

26 minutes ago, Kempington said:

Slightly changed avatar, nice. New team, new forum, new avatar. 

28 minutes ago, RitualLobotomy said:

Oww that silver(?) shiny mod medallion. Nice. I wonder if forum members can earn badges or something over time for different things. I guess that feature can be added in eventually.

• Thanks 1

Just now, killerskull said:

Slightly changed avatar, nice. New team, new forum, new avatar. 

lmao, this, so much.

I wasn't paying attention to which one I was using so I just went to the one that I use everywhere else mostly.

I think the one I had on the old forums was iodyne's rendition of kempington, which I still absolutely adore.

good to hear that update, but welcome to the APB forum, you will need a LOOOOOONG time to maybe get the bad behavior off this Forum. Unfortunately this behavior was always like this in a very consistent way. When Tiggs came here, it was even worse. And she got a lot of hate weeding stuff out. maybe you also undertsand why many of us dislike unbannign allc heaters, because that way you flood a LOAD of toxic people into the game. It's sad for the few wrongly banned or truly regretting individuals, but the possible damage they can do, I really hope you thought well through this.

I really wish all your LO staff the required endurance to go through that process. You will really need it.

APB forum users are the kinds of people who would ruin our relationship with the new company and then complain about why the company doesnt want to talk to us anymore

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, ChellyBean said:

APB forum users are the kinds of people who would ruin our relationship with the new company and then complain about why the company doesnt want to talk to us anymore

^^Sums it up pretty well i think.

3 minutes ago, ChellyBean said:

The truth. But people's delusion is too big to realize this...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ChellyBean said:

happened in the past, they are doing it again. Poor Lo, poor Tiggs they had and will have to go through thsi again.

or like revoe once said:

"And thats why we can't have nice things"

Somes community members only task is to detsroy anything nice existing. But everyone has to suffer and the company running it too.

Edited by LilyV3

Friendly reminder that the forums only represent a tiny fraction of our community and are not necessarily representative of the community as a whole

9cb58Ki.gif

12 hours ago, indi said:

This community is like crabs in a bucket.

Hey dont insult crabs mate

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:

Friendly reminder that the forums only represent a tiny fraction of our community and are not necessarily representative of the community as a whole

9cb58Ki.gif

while this is true, the vocal minority is unfortunately by a big part of the toxic kind, it always makes me wonder if it's APB or the old company that made it like this. MWO Forum feels like an old genetlemens club where everoyne is sipping tea together. It's like night and day between these 2 Forums.

Just now, CookiePuss said:

9cb58Ki.gif

Well, still, it's the one that can hit a company the most I'd say 

Also fix yer signature D:<

6 minutes ago, LilyV3 said:

or like revoe once said:

"And thats why we can't have nice things"

I though Revo was the guy who said "I decide who cheats and who doesnt. Yep I dont ban some players, deal with it."

Maybe Im thinking of another GM.

N7zpzF8.gif

7 minutes ago, Cazadora said:

Also fix yer signature D:<

Wat u mean?

Lixil fixed it for me, is perfect now!

rCzrPUx.gif