Lixil

Delayed announcement regarding GMs/Mods

Looking forward to the new volunteer programs. I'll definitely try my chance again, considering SPCM was sort of lackluster.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, indi said:

This community is like crabs in a bucket.

Crab mentality or crabs in a bucket (also barrel, basket or pot), is a way of thinking best described by the phrase "if I can't have it, neither can you". The metaphor refers to a bucket of live crabs, some of which could easily escape, but other crabs pull them back down to prevent any from getting out, ensuring the group's collective demise. The analogy in human behavior is claimed to be that members of a group will attempt to reduce the self-confidence of any member who achieves success beyond the others, out of envy, spite, conspiracy or competitive feelings, to halt their progress.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

cruisin for a bruisin

ive got nothing against kemp but we already saw the backlash just from him asking the communities questions

not sure i want to sit through the 8 page thread about gm corruption that would ensue lmao

The right thing honestly would be to have GMs from their own team. Outsiders (aka community members) tend to get greedy of power at some point.

I get really intrigued by just thinking about it, how it could go possibly wrong. We already saw the results with Mud Squids on the past forum, imagine in game... :classic_ohmy:

We can only hope things go out smooth if this happens. :classic_unsure:

1 minute ago, Ohshii said:

Crab mentality or crabs in a bucket (also barrel, basket or pot), is a way of thinking best described by the phrase "if I can't have it, neither can you". The metaphor refers to a bucket of live crabs, some of which could easily escape, but other crabs pull them back down to prevent any from getting out, ensuring the group's collective demise. The analogy in human behavior is claimed to be that members of a group will attempt to reduce the self-confidence of any member who achieves success beyond the others, out of envy, spite, conspiracy or competitive feelings, to halt their progress.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

thanks wikipedia

Just now, BXNNXD said:

thanks wikipedia

np :^)

The community has two options:

1: Dont let LO hire community GM's. Which means any new information/plans/programs/sales/contests/ or anything else that involves the community will be either delayed or reduced because of the constant moderation needed in this community. If they could do it themselves they wouldn't even consider asking the community.

2: Let LO hire community GM's. Which means they can focus on giving us information/plans/programs/sales/contests/roadmaps as soon as possible.

Despite the fact that Little Orbit has given us more information/communication/transparency and a physical appearance than ever before, a lot of people seem to want to go back to G1 levels of communication. LO want to do their job and having people do the small things lets them actually get to things that are important for the community and the game.

4 minutes ago, UubeNubeh DaWog said:

The community has two options:

1: Dont let LO hire community GM's. Which means any new information/plans/programs/sales/contests/ or anything else that involves the community will be either delayed or reduced because of the constant moderation needed in this community. If they could do it themselves they wouldn't even consider asking the community.

2: Let LO hire community GM's. Which means they can focus on giving us information/plans/programs/sales/contests/roadmaps as soon as possible.

Despite the fact that Little Orbit has given us more information/communication/transparency and a physical appearance than ever before, a lot of people seem to want to go back to G1 levels of communication. LO want to do their job and having people do the small things lets them actually get to things that are important for the community and the game.

im pretty sure the community has 0 options here, the GMs are happening and thats that

catering to every forum riot is a good way to completely lose control over your game tbh

6 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

im pretty sure the community has 0 options here, the GMs are happening and thats that

catering to every forum riot is a good way to completely lose control over your game tbh

I mean yeah its obvious its happening but the rationale behind not wanting for it would still be there for some. Getting people on board instead by highlighting their interests involved with this instead of strongmaning them into "this is just happenning" is going to reduce friction either way. Less friction, less riots, less people to moderate.

3 hours ago, LuzExtinguido said:

Good luck with that Tiggs.

Its matter of time you show your trueself out.

How have you not realized that you're talking to yourself yet? Your silly preaching is falling on deaf ears.

Just now, Similarities said:

How have you not realized that you're talking to yourself yet? Your silly preaching is falling on deaf ears.

self awareness requires intelligence

5 minutes ago, UubeNubeh DaWog said:

I mean yeah its obvious its happening but the rationale behind not wanting for it would still be there for some. Getting people on board instead by highlighting their interests involved with this instead of strongmaning them into "this is just happenning" is going to reduce friction either way. Less friction, less riots, less people to moderate.

i suppose, but there will always be the vocal minority that tries the riots - better to get the precedence down asap 

Thanks for the hard work you and team are putting into this community. It can't be an easy task to tame this beast of a community that has been out in the wild for so long

1 hour ago, Poperon said:

Kempington is the only name to cross my mind to actually fit as a GM.

LOL. not even gonna go in depth.

3 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

i dont think a popularity contest is the best way to go about it

Agreed.

For real tho, ZombieBiscuit for GM when?

13 hours ago, TheOppositePolarBear said:

dont feed the troll, if you couldnt tell, we were ignoring him for almost 2 pages... i guess i'll have to set the counter to 0 again

polar-bear.jpg

Call me whatever you want you want, try to act it cool so you get your so desired gm...

Keep those cute polar bears to try to be a nice person, it really works.

---

Call me whatever you want, fill all my commentaries with negatives, delete my pm bar or ban me to access it: i still have the mails

Not meaning to go negative here, just being objective and sort of warning you:

- This is "San Paro".. Get used to sh!t like this on a regular basis.

Sadly, there is way too much resentment around here.. As you probably already noticed.

Edited by JungleFlaco

I think you are all getting ahead of yourselves here, and not in a positive, exciting way (save for a few, and we really appreciate that, by the way, but this goes for you too).

Now, I understand many of you do not trust us one bit, and that is fine. We got plenty of time to prove our worth to this community as it is our goal in the end, but doing so in time is currently the only thing we can promise. As for the issue in hand... You were so loud to complain about being "whipped around into behaving" beforehand,  what's going on now? Now that we are providing you with such opportunity, you go around and whiplash on the exact same person that just about insisted on a little miracle so this community has a proper communication. You are absolutely free to express your opinion and concerns about the topic and we are happy to hear them. Questioning competence of a CM in a way some of you do, is neither polite nor constructive. Negative opinions will not be censored. Destructive ones will. These are public forums, and such frustrations (for no reason at all) are not helping either of us. And when it comes to reasoning behind program:

1. Why announce it now? - Because we want it to be fair and transparent for everyone who thinks they are up for the task to get a shot at it. It isn't something done under the desk.

2. Why going there at all? - We simply can't make it with everything. There is too little of us, and there are too many things that need to be addressed. Quality content is a bunch of hard work and well, sometimes you need more than few brains and few pairs of hands to tackle it. What better way to have it fitting to APB and its community than to ask those hailing from it? You complained about people never playing APB being placed as GMs. What's the issue now? 

3. What makes you think they will not abuse their position for *insert all the pessimistic ideas here*? - Because, to be quite frank with all of you, none of us were born yesterday, and neither of us became into managing communities this morning when we woke up and though it would be fun. That especially goes for our CM. Do you really think that getting into this program will be a simple matter of being interested in it? We take our jobs and our obligations seriously, including this one. We've obliged ourselves to pick out the best individuals for us AND for you, and joining this program will be anything but a walk in a park. So no amount of deconstruction nor boot licking will change the fact. They will be responding to one of our trustworthy colleagues and let me tell you, he does not think of this as a fun joke.

4. How are you going to pick out people in the first place? - One by one, of course. There will be a line of things they will have to go through to be viable for this program, and after they do, they will be under strict surveillance. So I am telling you right away, if you do not like to stick to a certain schedule and fulfil your duties responsibly, don't bother. Just because it contains the word "volunteer", it does not mean that our time and patience is at your disposal. Whoever thinks it would be "fun", or "easy", don't bother. They will be our extended arms and as such, there is a procedure to follow.

5. What will volunteers do anyway? - Well, if you'd just trust us for a split second so we can work it through, you would find out soon enough yourselves. No, we do not need more people to ban people as it is a sensitive thing that is not taken as easily among us. Long story short, volunteers will be directed to do things we need to be done, but can't make it to do so in time ourselves. That is all I am going to say for now. The reason behind it, is that so we can focus on actually finally getting this game back on its track and keep it there. That is the endgame for us all.

6. When will this happen? - As it was previously said, we will get this show on the road as soon as possible, so sit tight for a bit more until we clean up the space and place a shiny new thing to the middle of the room for everyone to see.

Again, as I previously said, we appreciate constructive criticism and will take it into consideration as we go through with this project, but negative comments without a proper goal to them, are not doing well for either of us. This is an informative thread, but as it is an important thing for the community, discussion was left open. At this point, I ask all of you to participate in it responsibly. Any additional unnecessary animosity or trolling towards any participant in this thread will result in warning and closing the thread. We will let you know when this little (big) project of ours starts off. 

Bottom line is, sit down and enjoy the ride. Have some beer. Something...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

4 minutes ago, xNyuu said:

@Lixil Meh, I feel you~

I feel her too, and i feel you, that you feel her~

Also, I totally like to see, you guys (GM`S) giving your best possible, to keep everything civil and clean. I rather dont have any Player being a GM or Moderator on the Forum, things have become worse back on the old forum with the Modsquad`s. I dont want to happen this a second time.

• Like 1

@Lixil Excited to see the volounteer program for ingame GMs/Moderators for forums. Thanks again for all the good and hard work!

Well, somewhere I can understand and feel you @Lixil this community needs a punch in the face to make themselves less toxic about community decisions and all. but in some other way I can understand how they feel when G1 (aka Reloaded Productions) used to promise things and promise and promise but they never actually did something they promised so we all feel some kind of betrayed. You will have to earn that trust again. But still, Nothing can stop you LO from making this game great again.

nice one community 🙂

I mean..i want to be a GM too but english is my 3rd language 😞

1 hour ago, RitualLobotomy said:

Have some beer. Something...

Pretty sure most player cant even legally smoke... let alone drink. 

Lucky for me, Im old. I will gladly have some beer since you recommend it. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Pretty sure most player cant even legally smoke... let alone drink. 

Lucky for me, Im old. I will gladly have some beer since you recommend it. 

Over here (In Germany) you can have beer once you turn 16. :^)

So colour me unimpressed xd