Lixil

Delayed announcement regarding GMs/Mods

22 minutes ago, Maverick13 said:

It's not Naming and Shaming when someone gets banned... It was satisfying to see blatant ones names showing on the screen. It was like removing a burden from your back. People always cheers when an obvious cheater gets banned.

Problem is, as said above, it also creates a feeling of "fame" among the cheater community, where you're considered a l337 dude if you get x amount of bans and so on... 

If they are keeping the /report command and are accepting reports via support still, then they should perhaps find a way to let a player know when a report resulted in a ban.
Many games use that vague msg setup now, where they don't specifically announce who got banned, but players who reported someone, who later got banned, they receive a msg about it. 

It's really a subject full of PRO's and CON's, imo it's totally reasonable to not give players feedback on bans, because this way it's entirely left within the integrity of the anti-cheat services and hopefully manual reports can become a thing of the past when we get our Client-Side anti-cheat. I'm hoping that it'll catch any same things that a player could catch & report with the naked eye.

Edited by Tigrix

Off-topic: There should be a limit per user on creating threads per day. Really, some individuals are senseless, creating so many spam and useless things here on Social. The forum was barely created, and we already have 7 pages, with many repeated threads. We just don't have more pages, because of the work Lixil and their mod team are doing, otherwise we'd have more than 15 pages of which many are of stupid spam threads, or "unban me pls" before the official introduction of Battle Eye.

Maybe limit posts to users to 5 only per day, that would be enough.

On-topic: Now you're getting into the real forum problems Lixil. Do not let them get into your bones, because that's basically the result of a let down community, from throughout all these years. Many users have developed childish behaviours, and some adults grew toxic around here. That will take time to reeducate them :classic_mellow::classic_unsure:

Edited by Poperon
Grammar corrections.
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Poperon said:

Off-topic: There should be a limit per user on creating threads per day. Really, some individuals are senseless, creating so many spam and useless things here on Social. The forum was barely created, and we already have 7 pages, with many repeated threads. We just don't have more pages, because of the work Lixil and their mod team is doing, otherwise we'd have more than 15 pages of which many are of stupid spam threads, or "unban me pls" before the official introduction of Battle Eye.

On-topic: Now you're getting in the real problems Lixil. Do not let them get into your bones, because that's basically the result of a let down community, from throughout all these years. Many users have developed childish behaviours, and some adults grew toxic around here. That will take time to reeducate them :classic_mellow::classic_unsure:

limiting topics is 50/50 imo, limiting posts will just kill the forums

• Like 1

Just now, Poperon said:

Off-topic: There should be a limit per user on creating threads per day. Really, some individuals are senseless, creating so many spam and useless things here on Social. The forum was barely created, and we already have 7 pages, with many repeated threads. We just don't have more pages, because of the work Lixil and their mod team is doing, otherwise we'd have more than 15 pages of which many are of stupid spam threads, or "unban me pls" before the official introduction of Battle Eye.

On-topic: Now you're getting in the real problems Lixil. Do not let them get into your bones, because that's basically the result of a let down community, from throughout all these years. Many users have developed childish behaviours, and some adults grew toxic around here. That will take time to reeducate them :classic_mellow::classic_unsure:

Yep. Well... I just return to my Forum activity after LO acquisition of G1. But the right time will come and we'll have a forum free of multiple threads regarding the same shit.

• Like 1

Limiting thread creation is a great idea, limiting posts however is an easy way to kill forum activity.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

limiting topics is 50/50 imo, limiting posts will just kill the forums

Not really BXNNXD bro. People would think twice before creating a thread, maybe adding some more quality, taking time to write things down instead of going full auto on writing senseless things or complaints.

Imho, what really drives a forum are the posts instead of massive amounts of threads. Doing this could also let users focus on some important threads that are constantly "eaten" by the massive amounts of "unban me pls" useless ones.

But the 5 threads per day was just a suggestion, this could be a lower or greater number. It would be used in case of a more "critical approach" on the matter.

That's because some people really exaggerate on things.

Edited by Poperon

1 minute ago, Poperon said:

Not really BXNNXD bro. People will think twice before creating a thread, maybe adding some more quality, taking time to write things down instead of going full auto on writing senseless things or complaints.

Imho, what really drives a forum are the posts instead of massive amounts of threads. Doing this could also let users focus on some important threads that are constantly "eaten" by the massive amounts of "unban me pls" useless ones.

But the 5 threads per day was just a suggestion, this could be a lower or greater number. It would be used in case of a more "critical approach" on the matter.

yeah the more i think about it, is there really ever a legitimate reason to create even 5 topics in one day?

i was just more concerned about limiting posts themselves, thats a hard no from me lol

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, killerskull said:

The forums havent been enforced in a long time. So people forgot that image/gif only replies arent allowed, gif sigs arent allowed and acting like idiots isnt allowed either. I think it will take a little bit of time to get everyone in order. 

These be the facts.

54 minutes ago, killerskull said:

The forums havent been enforced in a long time. So people forgot that image/gif only replies arent allowed, gif sigs arent allowed and acting like idiots isnt allowed either. I think it will take a little bit of time to get everyone in order. 

I figured since we've got new forums we can now have .gifs in our signature as long as they're 550 x 150 maximum. If .gif signatures are still not allowed I'll gladly remove it. 

1 hour ago, Lixil said:

Hey guys,

I was planning to make an announcement regarding GM/Mods this week. However, I want to point out that I had to spend a lot of time today on managing users who are unable to follow ToS and our guidelines. Unfortunately, this takes up time I could be using to design the upcoming program for volunteer Moderators and GMs.

My goal as a Community Manager is to communicate with all of you as much as possible. Right now, I'm communicating that persistent poor behavior amongst forum users slows down the process of announcing really fun and great things that I want to bring to this community. Even our ability to properly set off events in-game is affected by our constant need to monitor and supervise behavior that is quite frankly toxic.

These are the behaviors that are currently distracting me and my team and pulling us away from forward movement:

• Insulting other players or group of players
  • Racism
  • Naming/Shaming
  • Spamming
  • Images not forum fitting
  • Posting support replies/Private messages from other players

Regarding support tickets, this will take time. There are a LOT, and I mean a LOT, of support tickets right now that we are in the process of resolving - all varying from simple to incredibly complex. I understand that all of you want your tickets resolved yesterday, but we are asking for everyone to be patient and to just chill out so we can focus on resolving them asap.

Thanks everyone for reading this,

Lixil

uh... welcome to apb i guess, we worked hard all these years to create this cozy little puddle of toxic waste and wannabe mental asylum. uhhhh... good luck cleaning it up Lixil, i'll be sure to leave a polar bear cub image this time to support you

thanks for your hard work! ^^u

1 hour ago, indi said:

This community is like crabs in a bucket.

41 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

i dont mean to be a hassle but i still dont understand this

is this the "no explicit images" rule? 

i just hope it doesnt mean "polar bear images" 😕

i kinda feel like sending a notification to your inbox just for a bad joke is too much, so hello BXNNXD, how is your day going? :3

30 minutes ago, Aeronaut said:

okay, what if it was more vague. "your recent reports have led to a successful ban. thanks for your heehohehoeahoehe"?

27 minutes ago, Panicbutton said:

League has a system like that through some tribunal sh!t don't they?  I thought it was pretty cool when I got that message.

26 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

that could work as long as there was no name involved, still potentially easy to figure out depending on how many people youve reported

at a certain point the information would be so vague anyway that theres not really a need for confirmation imo

aha! BXNNXD again! im not just sending notifications for bad puns!

anyway, just as a little footnote to those 3 quotes: last time i was arround CSGO, it also had a "your report led to a ban" without name - thingy, it kinda makes you feel like the report function is more than placebo, i must say.

287133_b06f6bfed4aa9e4957d1cae6dd9f8e9d_

keep up the wood work Lixil! dont give up on us... this community needs you

3 minutes ago, TheOppositePolarBear said:

snip

days great, dont worry about notifications 

The job of policing this community is an unenviable one and I sincerely wish you the very best of luck in achieving this monumental task.

1 hour ago, LuzExtinguido said:

Good luck with that Tiggs.

Its matter of time you show your trueself out.

Are you that out of your mind?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Salvick said:

He's still in disbelief and denial of the actual work being done, he'll come around soon.

Edited by BuckyTheBronco
  • Like 1

Made a topic for nominating who we think would make good GM's. Go add ur lists to it.

6 minutes ago, Iodyne said:

Made a topic for nominating who we think would make good GM's. Go add ur lists to it.

i dont think a popularity contest is the best way to go about it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Salvick said:

dont feed the troll, if you couldnt tell, we were ignoring him for almost 2 pages... i guess i'll have to set the counter to 0 again

polar-bear.jpg

Edited by TheOppositePolarBear
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TheOppositePolarBear said:

dont feed the troll, if you couldnt tell, we were ignoring him for almost 2 pages... i guess i'll have to set the counter to 0 again

I've been talking with him a few days ago in PM, but then he changed his name profile and name and I don't know how or why he turned into this. Is really odd, lol.

Kempington is the only name to cross my mind to actually fit as a GM.

34 minutes ago, Niggs said:

im ready to become gm

cruisin for a bruisin

2 minutes ago, Poperon said:

Kempington is the only name to cross my mind to actually fit as a GM.

ive got nothing against kemp but we already saw the backlash just from him asking the communities questions

not sure i want to sit through the 8 page thread about gm corruption that would ensue lmao

Although I'm also in the side of the skepticism with this idea since how it was this past era of APB, probably it is because of similar reasons like the ones some others pointed out about good and bad experiences in the past that we are like that, but I would like to add here that it has been my most deep concern to understand why this game always had that lack of GMs/Admins/Mods presence ingame.

I even made a post back in 2013 to share our experiences about the GMs presence in-game that I'm linking right here, where many participated in the conversation and we had several replies from Tiggs as well.

I beg for having an active and visible presence of moderators in-game so I'll be looking forward to see what comes out of this.

We even had a very few events like this:

...once in a blue moon and these were like the only times we got used to see a GM.

Gotta say stuff like that was awesome and crazy but the lack of moderation in real time on the huge amount of other issues we had to deal with, and I talk specially regarding our own behavior as players in all aspects, was something that made some of us almost forget or almost want to forget even the good times because of how toxic and out of control some particular issues turned out in the long term.

Also guys around here and there posting and asking , imo instead of asking for what you want to get I'd invite you to rather ask what is needed out there that you could provide, but is just a kind word I'd like to bring for those of you getting excited about the idea of applying for the task.

Ninja edit: Almost forgot, I even had a bad meme about this:

33FIviS.png

Edited by Salvick
Ninja edit

Edit: Double post cause of forum lag.

Edited by Vanille