Lixil

Delayed announcement regarding GMs/Mods

Everything will get better with time. Keep up the good work 👍

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Maverick13 said:

Nah, isn't useless. Mate, you'll just be the higher voice on the crowd with ADM powers. Easy to be heard. And of course, you'll help lots of players.

Yeah sounds like a job for me as i like helping people.

But i just want to bring the fun back asap to legit players who suffer for hours/days in fc by the same two cheaters.

Just now, BetaAlanine said:

Yeah sounds like a job for me as i like helping people.

But i just want to bring the fun back asap to legit players who suffer for hours/days in fc by the same two cheaters.

Not mentioning names... But I have a clue about who are they. :v
AND, yeah. I need to reach R255 ASAP. Currently I'm living in the FC too, kinda frustrating. But who am I to judge? Sooner or later Battleye will wipe their arses fair and square. I want to be there to laugh when the system is announcing the Ban.

People are forgetting about the real responsibilities regarding being a GM. You are an administrator with the responsibility to help people out with their issues such as simple ones which you may find insignificant or true complex issues. You are an administrator to be able to contact those who are above you quick and easily when something major happens. You are an administrator to serve the community and not to satisfy your own thirst for power. 

Edited by eXezon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

sigh sorry Lixil some of the people on the forums were not educated properly on forum etiquette

g1 had put everything on Tiggs back then so it made it to where she had to stay mostly off the forums or rage post happened

Just now, eXezon said:

People are forgeting about the real responsabilities regarding being a GM. You are an administrator with the responsibility to help people out with their issues such as simple ones which you may find insiginificant or true complex issues. You are an administrator to be to contact those who are above you quick and easily when something major happens. You are an administrator to serve the community, and not to satisfy your own thirst for power. 

E-fucking-xactly.

4 minutes ago, killerskull said:

The forums havent been enforced in a long time. So people forgot that image/gif only replies arent allowed, gif sigs arent allowed and acting like idiots isnt allowed either. I think it will take a little bit of time to get everyone in order. 

Couldn't agree more. Same goes for in-game, no-one is used to anything being enforced, myself included! So it'll take time and patience. I already saw a bunch of shawcopters tonight, clearly just wanting to test the patience of the district GM's. But it's awesome to witness things slowly changing for the better and rules being enforced, regardless who gets stepped over their toes and then I'm all for it and I will gladly moderate my own bad language to follow a reasonable etiquette that doesn't violate any TOS, when now the feeling is that everyone has to do so, unlike before when no-one was present to enforce any rules or no-one cared to.

Just now, Maverick13 said:

AND, yeah. I need to reach R255 ASAP. Currently I'm living in the FC too, kinda frustrating. But who am I to judge? Sooner or later Battleye will wipe their arses fair and square. I want to be there to laugh when the system is announcing the Ban.

the system no longer announces the bans so there wont be naming and shaming 

44 minutes ago, Lixil said:
  • Images not forum fitting

i dont mean to be a hassle but i still dont understand this

is this the "no explicit images" rule?

3 minutes ago, Maverick13 said:

Yeah its a well known group by now. 🙂

2 minutes ago, eXezon said:

People are forgeting about the real responsabilities regarding being a GM. You are an administrator with the responsibility to help people out with their issues such as simple ones which you may find insiginificant or true complex issues. You are an administrator to be to contact those who are above you quick and easily when something major happens. You are an administrator to serve the community, and not to satisfy your own thirst for power. 

A few days ago i talked to a low silver in a dead fin. District for over an hour while he was farming money and hope i could helo him, so yeah i like that kind of help, even if its simple things.

1 minute ago, BXNNXD said:

i dont mean to be a hassle but i still dont understand this

is this the "no explicit images" rule?

might be if the images are too big, they won't fit through the server pipes

Just now, Fortune Runner said:

the system no longer announces the bans so there wont be naming and shaming 

It's not Naming and Shaming when someone gets banned... It was satisfying to see blatant ones names showing on the screen. It was like removing a burden from your back. People always cheers when an obvious cheater gets banned.

Just now, Aeronaut said:

might be if the images are too big, they won't fit through the server pipes

if only words were too big to fit through your vocal pipes

Just now, Maverick13 said:

It's not Naming and Shaming when someone gets banned... It was satisfying to see blatant ones names showing on the screen. It was like removing a burden from your back. People always cheers when an obvious cheater gets banned.

Ban broadcasts are no longer in game and will not be added. It is considered Naming/Shaming as well.

• Like 2

I already sent a message to Matt, restore my private mail. It had chats that had nothing to do with YOU.

Edited by LuzExtinguido

1 minute ago, Lixil said:

Ban broadcasts are no longer in game and will not be added. It is considered Naming/Shaming as well.

will there ever be a feature where you get a notification showing that "your report on player X has led to a ban. thank you for your blah blah blah"?

• Like 1

Just now, Lixil said:

Ok. I won't be stubborn with the idea tho. Despite being fun as hell.

1 minute ago, Aeronaut said:

will there ever be a feature where you get a notification showing that "your report on player X has led to a ban. thank you for your blah blah blah"?

i think that would count as a broadcast, you better believe people would run around posting that on the forums or 3rd party sites like ffbans

8 minutes ago, Maverick13 said:

The ban announcements had resulted in some of the worst toxicity that the game had ever seen. Often resulting in witch hunts from players. While, no one likes cheaters and everyone wants to be assured a fair match. The method G1 used quickly turned into something that either enabled harassers or encouraged certain cheaters to seek fame in the game (by getting banned as many times as possible).

Edited by Glubbable
  • Like 3

Don't worry, i know what kind of person YOU are. I wont expose certain mails.

Only the ones after you started act like crazy and went full censorship.

Edited by LuzExtinguido

2 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

i think that would count as a broadcast, you better believe people would run around posting that on the forums or 3rd party sites like ffbans

okay, what if it was more vague. "your recent reports have led to a successful ban. thanks for your heehohehoeahoehe"?

Just now, Glubbable said:

But the method G1 used quickly turned into something that either enabled harassers or encouraged certain cheaters to seek fame in the game (by getting banned as many times as possible).

I forgot this factor too =/
DANG.

1 minute ago, Aeronaut said:

okay, what if it was more vague. "your recent reports have led to a successful ban. thanks for your heehohehoeahoehe"?

League has a system like that through some tribunal sh!t don't they?  I thought it was pretty cool when I got that message.

2 minutes ago, Aeronaut said:

that could work as long as there was no name involved, still potentially easy to figure out depending on how many people youve reported

at a certain point the information would be so vague anyway that theres not really a need for confirmation imo

3 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

that could work as long as there was no name involved, still potentially easy to figure out depending on how many people youve reported

at a certain point the information would be so vague anyway that theres not really a need for confirmation imo

"hey you did something and we did something because you did something. thanks."

• Like 1