Lixil

Delayed announcement regarding GMs/Mods

Seriously, if Lixil thinks THIS is toxic behavior...I feel bad for her since she obviously had no idea what the community is like...its been like this since the very beginning of RTW. It hasn't changed, and it won't change.

This week was an extremely mild level of "toxicity" for the forums...in fact it seemed rather well-behaved and positive.

Just wait until the master trolls come back....it's a whole other level.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Iodyne said:

Seriously, if Lixil thinks THIS is toxic behavior...I feel bad for her since she obviously had no idea what the community is like...its been like this since the very beginning of RTW. It hasn't changed, and it won't change.

This week was an extremely mild level of "toxicity" for the forums...in fact it seemed rather well-behaved and positive.

Just wait until the master trolls come back....it's a whole other level.

Maybe she's just shutting down people's bullshoot early?

Edited by MrChan

@mrchan

Maybe....maybe that's why I haven't seen anything "that bad" today... 🙂

2 hours ago, Iodyne said:

@mrchan

Maybe....maybe that's why I haven't seen anything "that bad" today... 🙂

I do want to thank my mods for keeping the forums clean. I'm glad you didn't see too many bad posts on the forums. I hope in future it will be even less. 🙂 

• Thanks 3

22 hours ago, Lixil said:

• Racism

finally

Edited by _gousk

I was totally wrong, im sorry.

Even then i saw something disgusting today, i will jump the "i want to believe ship" and see what happens.

Edited by LuzExtinguido

2 hours ago, Lixil said:

I do want to thank my mods for keeping the forums clean. I'm glad you didn't see too many bad posts on the forums. I hope in future it will be even less. 🙂 

Is that a cat beside your avatars face?

I hope the community takes the chance to show that just like Little Orbit, we too want to contribute to a better, more mature and friendly community. If we help out, everything will be much smoother, things will happen quicker and it'll be a much better experience for everyone. I'll explain what I mean by "help out":

Just after LO took over APB, nothing had happened to the actual game itself yet, but the improved general attitude for the future brought back so many players (and some new ones) who enjoyed a better atmosphere than in a long time. The game hadn't changed, but it felt better due to our own attitudes. The game felt a bit more fun again which rubbed off on the general behaviour in the community. It's a good example of what we can do ourselves as a community. It's just a tiny mental shift but it has a great effect. Nothing had happened in "reality"/ in the game (yet). There was a shift in our minds and look at the effect it had, in actual reality.

Stop asking too much about your tickets when you know they have a good reason for being swamped. They'll get to it. 

Let LO do their thing now, be patient, behavelet them work and things will happen.

Edited by SilverCrow
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, TheTankBal said:

i still would like to get a reply to my tickets...

Patience... A mod said they're dealing with 1900+ tickets since the 25th.
That's 1 week my friend 🙂 I doubt you can expect any small company to respond constructively to 272 queries A DAY, which is what it'd take to get through 1900 in that time-frame.
(that's even without counting the added tickets trickling in on a daily basis, adding to the numbers).

Takes time

Like Tigrix said, patience friend. 

LOs small support staff is clearly overwhelmed by the ammount of tickets flooding in.

Thanks first, I look forward to the voluntary program in the future.

I'm gonna say it right now. You are going to have the hardest of jobs when it comes to managing a community. I have never been a part of one as "bad" as this one. Not to say that everyone is a bad egg, but it definitely feels like a huge shadow of toxicity follows this game.

Know that I hope the best for you, as well as the rest of the team, into bringing APB back into the forefront, the game I've loved from the very moment I started playing, and also the game I constantly regret starting. It's a two-sided coin in which one side still burns me, and that I hope stops with you guys.

Good luck Lixil. You will very much need it. Looking forward to the future.

On 5/31/2018 at 3:54 PM, LilyV3 said:

while this is true, the vocal minority is unfortunately by a big part of the toxic kind, it always makes me wonder if it's APB or the old company that made it like this. MWO Forum feels like an old genetlemens club where everoyne is sipping tea together. It's like night and day between these 2 Forums.

There is this elitist attitude, new young players get exposed to it, then when they think they are good they do the same thing to whoever they run into, eventually a big chunk of the community is in the dumbass mindset.

Just sayin...GG EZ...

14 hours ago, Lixil said:

Thank you for this, just dont let the hardcore idiots knock you off your mood or swagger.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BartMcRoy said:

... but it definitely feels like a huge shadow of toxicity follows this game.

You know, just because you said this is that I'm gonna add this comment someone made to me last night when we were having a conversation about these kind of situations.

"Some people have the will of making others feel great, these put their energy on helping others and doing everything to make people around them feel good and never feel uncomfortable, while some others just feed themselves from trying to make others feel miserable and humiliated."

I'm just gonna say: What side are you on?

Will the force be with you Little Orbit.

3 minutes ago, Salvick said:

I'm just gonna say: What side are you on?

I'd like to believe I'm on the side of good, of camaraderie, of good times and good "gamesmanship." On the side of laughs, on the side of healthy competition in video games.

I am for the positive progress of APB. I want it to shine.

The best we can do is make their job easier Be kind to one another.

TotalHorribleEmu-max-1mb.gif

Hi all,

Lots of discussion here. Obviously things got a little off the rails.

I want to acknowledge the players who have had bad experiences with non-employee GMs in the past.

This is something we will need to manage going forward.

I think we've reached a solid understanding of what Lixil intended with this post and the reaction from players.

I'm going to lock and unpin this now.

Thanks,
Matt

• Like 1