Clandestine

The wait for crims/cops 2018

Waitingfest 2018  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Do you wait for opposition?

• Yes. Every single stage. I don't mind waiting for 20 minutes.
    • Yes. On drop/ending stage
    • No.
    • Bring back beacon

Back in the old good days people used to wait at drop/ending stage. Nowdays people are willing to wait every stage. Sometimes that might be 5 minutes*5 stages a mind blowing 25 minutes of doing nothing! In that time matchmaker would likely dispatch them vs another team of "waiters".

I don't wait at all and if I do it's on the ending stage. If I get team killed for doing objectives then I make sure they do it 5 times or I simply play like green when the opposition arrives.

You grief and you get griefed.

i'm waiting for pop in financial but waterfront is full for the whole week

Edited by Keshi

I wouldn't even wait for my elderly mum in an emergency aircraft evacuation.

45 minutes ago, AsgerLund said:

I wouldn't even wait for my elderly mum in an emergency aircraft evacuation.

I would, such a fine woman.

/abandonmission no-opp missions when i’m soloing (god forbid)

if im in a group we just do the no-opp mission and ready up again

i agree that sitting and waiting for opp is pretty pointless and if done wrong (i’ve seen morons hold off on all objectives in a break in AND drop combo stage) can end your mission with a loss pretty quick

• Like 1

If everybody wait, then nobody is getting opposed, so waiting is not smart.

inb4 new engine, where opponents will be picked from every district's instance.

4 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

/abandonmission no-opp missions when i’m soloing (god forbid)

i agree that sitting and waiting for opp is pretty pointless and if done wrong (i’ve seen morons hold off on all objectives in a break in AND drop combo stage) can end your mission with a loss pretty quick

This pretty much.

I'm like /t you have damn drop this stage 

they tk and: /t афы вфощвф фщрцфу (random wheezing in russian)

We don't even get opponents, that's the bigger problem!!!! We wait like 20 minutes on average to get any opponents on a full district ... so boring.

Why do people even wait.

I'd rather do 1-2 unopposed missions instead of standing in one spot for an eternity.

• Like 3

I'm so wasted I can't even find the vote button.

But Bring back beacon xD

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I wait for opp at each stage generally. Also, if I do get opp, generally we wait for the opposition to show up and then finish the objective so there is some action and we can all fight it out at the next objective. My issue with waiting on the last stage is, if I wait for opp and only get one stage the mission is over too quickly.  I just want to pew pew so I am not concerned about increasing my odds of winning the mission by only playing one stage. 

There have been times however where my group has ready'd up and we've gone 10 minutes without receiving ANY mission. Not even unopposed. Nothing. Green names and no mission. That is the worst. 

I do hope they fix the VIP missions. I have waited a long time to get a mission, have it end in VIP, and the opposing team runs off and hides somewhere for 15 minutes. Yay! 20+ minutes and no pew pew. Good times.

• Like 1

On 11/19/2018 at 3:16 PM, BXNNXD said:

More people should do it like you. Waiting exacerbates the issue by taking a team out of the standard matchmaking routine. The longer they are in a mission, the more willing the system becomes to give them just about any opposition, no matter how close their threat levels are. When this happens two teams are removed from the matchmaking-pool who could've been assigned to more appropriate opponents, who in return might now wait for opposition.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Revoluzzer said:

More people should do it like you. Waiting exacerbates the issue by taking a team out of the standard matchmaking routine. The longer they are in a mission, the more willing the system becomes to give them just about any opposition, no matter how close their threat levels are. When this happens two teams are removed from the matchmaking-pool who could've been assigned to more appropriate opponents, who in return might now wait for opposition.

But on NA the pool is so small. There is no perfect match up. You’re saying I should wait 20 minutes for a match so someone else can find the perfect match up? 

I’d prefer lopsided opposition over no opposition. This is apb. Not ready up simulator 2018.