Tigrix

📢 2 cents about players and GM recruitment 👀

1 minute ago, Maverick13 said:

Although I started playing this game back in 2011, I am by no means an "elitists" ( what does that even mean)

but I would be impartial, and would never hand out free T-Shirts or Tote bags whilst in Social or any other District. 

Well, I started in 2013 and joined the Forums on 2016.

13 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

???

Probably a attention seeker. Don't even bother.

6 minutes ago, Westford said:

I would happily volunteer my time as either a GM or Mod.

I currently have no affiliation with either Clans or Players,

and can attest to the fact that I am somewhat of an unknown entity. 

Although I started playing this game back in 2011, I am by no means an "elitists" ( what does that even mean)

but I would be impartial, and would never hand out free T-Shirts or Tote bags whilst in Social or any other District. 

I am here to help.

Are you sure you can do this kind of work?

49 minutes ago, Lixil said:

GMs will monitor the chat, answer players' questions and generally help them out. If they encounter a cheater they will be reporting them to our support or me, so that we can investigate on our own.
Forum mods can give you warnings, which I will be monitoring. These measures are to ensure the forums stay clean, and that players follow the rules without issues.

Neither GMs or Forum mods have permission to suspend/ban any account. The game is handled by support, the forum by me.

Knowing your current threat?

4 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

???

Too slow, i wont explain the joke, i would kill it.

Edited by LuzExtinguido

Just now, Thial said:

Probably a BR. Don't even bother.

Nah, I'm a BR too mate. Don't use our nationality as way to say we can't understand how the discussion is going.

1 minute ago, LuzExtinguido said:

Too slow, i wont explain the joke, i would kill it.

pretty sure the red text is supposed to A) draw attention, and B) match the red text that appears in the reply text box when a topic is locked

• Like 1

Just now, Maverick13 said:

Nah, I'm a BR too mate. Don't use our nationality as way to say we can't understand how the discussion is going.

I simply encountered many BR players in various games who were very often saying or doing very bizarre things for some weird reason. That guy was an example of that. Not an attempt to generalize your nation or anything.

9 minutes ago, LuzExtinguido said:

Are you sure you can do this kind of work?

Yes, I believe I can...

Why you ask....

Welp, I will admit I am a somewhat older Gamer.

Back in the day... I played the "Elitist" Card as it were.

Nowadays.... I like to chill, a bit of good 'ole competitive shooting, and talk to younger folks.... get their perspective, and perhaps share mine.

Who knows, stranger things have happened.

EDIT:

Bottom line.

It's about a fun positive gaming experience....

That's what everyone wants.

But... if there are players in game who's idea of fun, is to disrupt other players gaming experience in order to have fun,

well, they need to find other activities ..cause ..... well... It's disruptive...

Edited by Westford

Just now, Thial said:

I simply encountered many BR players in various games who were very often saying or doing very bizarre things for some weird reason. That guy was an example of that. Not an attempt to generalize your nation or anything.

Nah, you get used to our bizarre way in the gaming community.

Just now, LuzExtinguido said:

Hide contents

Don't reply, just report. He used it as an insult.

No need to report him. I didn't took as insult. So no reason for this. The same way we have som BRs that are complete p.r.i.c.k.s, I believe you people have your complete p.r.i.c.k.s too. Simple as that.

Nah, you get used to our bizarre way in the gaming community.

No need to report him. I didn't took as insult. So no reason for this. The same way we have som BRs that are complete p.r.i.c.k.s, I believe you people have your complete p.r.i.c.k.s too. Simple as that.

what do you mean "you people"

Edited by BXNNXD
:^)

1 minute ago, Westford said:

Yes, I believe I can...

Why you ask....

Welp, I will admit I am a somewhat older Gamer.

Back in the day... I played the "Elitist" Card as it were.

Nowadays.... I like to chill, a bit of good 'ole competitive shooting, and talk to younger folks.... get their perspective, and perhaps share mine.

Who knows, stranger things have happened.

Even if some of the people will ridicule you I would definitely like to see some of the older / mature players becoming GMs, not people who want to do it simply for the swag of it.

Just now, BXNNXD said:

what do you mean "you people"

Simple. Thial said that the BR community is weird and bizarre. Well, some of us Brazilian players are. But, the same way we have strange players, I believe that players from USA have some weird examples too. Attaching one gaming stereotype to a single nation isn't the bright thing. All around the world we have players that just play the game for pleasure and are willing to help the team. AND players that have pleasure in being extremely annoying.

4 minutes ago, Thial said:

Even if some of the people will ridicule you I would definitely like to see some of the older / mature players becoming GMs, not people who want to do it simply for the swag of it.

Appreciate the vote of confidence...

Yes, I am older, been playing games since .... (ok age verification check)  id Softwares's Wolfenstien......

My 'ePeen" is more or less non-existent , sad to say ....  lol

• Like 1

Simple. Thial said that the BR community is weird and bizarre. Well, some of us Brazilian players are. But, the same way we have strange players, I believe that players from USA have some weird examples too. Attaching one gaming stereotype to a single nation isn't the bright thing. All around the world we have players that just play the game for pleasure and are willing to help the team. AND players that have pleasure in being extremely annoying.

It was all a joke. It's the same as you would say that I'm from onionland or that polish people steal german cars. Additionally it's just my personal opinion if I think that Brazilians are bizarre. Freedom of speech. Those are memes and people should stop being so serious about it. Let's not introduce the SJW vibe to apb forums.

Just now, Thial said:

It was all a joke. It's the same as you would say that I'm from onionland or that polish people steal german cars. Additionally it's just my personal opinion if I think that Brazilians are bizarre. Freedom of speech. Those are memes and people should stop being so serious about it. Let's not introduce the SJW vibe to apb forums.

That's what I was saying to LuzExtinguido. I won't take a joke seriously. But, yeah, we have our dose of HU3HU3HU3HU3 sometimes. :v

• Like 1

Can't believe I am muted, the audacity, I will need 1 joker box as compensation for my hurt feelings.

3 minutes ago, Maverick13 said:

That's what I was saying to LuzExtinguido. I won't take a joke seriously. But, yeah, we have our dose of HU3HU3HU3HU3 sometimes. :v

Exactly. omegalul ;D

• Like 1

If we don't stick to the topic I will be closing this thread. 

5 minutes ago, SyllyBear said:

snip

hella smart my dude, operating at maximum brain capacity i see

Oh you want me to act normal now ok. Well the gm process should have proper screening that's all, other than that I don't care. And the gms should have prior experience and be mature, I know it sounds like I'm talking about myself but I would rather not have to answer tickets unless I am compensated. Believe it or not, maturity is not an act, it boils down to decision making, you could be 60 years old and still be immature.

As far as general maintenance, like answering tickets or pruning forums I could do all of that easily. But I have a reputation as a demonic, baby eating, troll so there is that too.

8 minutes ago, Lixil said:

If we don't stick to the topic I will be closing this thread. 

imho enough has been said about the topic of GM recruitment by you Lixil in other threads. With all respect to the author to me personally it looks like an attempt of winning over LO by coming off as someone mature and experienced because Tigrix wants that GM position badly before anyone else gets it ;D

Edited by Thial

Before this thread gets lock lol, can someone post the thread link to where we can discuss this haha.

Just now, LAPDAlonso said:

Before this thread gets lock lol, can someone post the thread link to where we can discuss this haha.

Again, it hasn't been posted yet.

• Like 1