Tigrix

📢 2 cents about players and GM recruitment 👀

4 minutes ago, Clandestine said:

It was both on Innova and Hoplon and in both cases didn't end very well.

Yep ... i dont konw whats next for LO CMS now locking threads out of no were ... i bet they were trained by miss tiggs cuz i mean it smeals and feels tiggs actions KE

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PvtXXXXX said:

Yep ... i dont konw whats next for LO CMS now locking threads out of no were ... i bet they were trained by miss tiggs cuz i mean it smeals and feels tiggs actions KE

We gonna get Pucked

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, PvtXXXXX said:

patootie licking incoming 

Oh its already begun.

ifm1AhG.gif

Edited by CookiePuss
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Westford said:

Although I have been playing this game since 2011  I doubt that I am very well known.

Plus, I have been a maxed rank Silver for years, so the asumption would be that I hackusate all those who kill me,

because that's what silvers do, or so I've been told.

These could potentially be two glaring red flags. :classic_blink:

I mean so have I. Granted, a gold for most of it.

I just don't like people who don't have references when going into a job/volunteer gig. There has to be some level of trust between the people you're overseeing and yourself. There also has to be an understanding of who you are as a person. No one is truly going to know you or me because no one knows the people behind the monitors, behind the keystrokes.

If there isn't some sort of multi-stage interview where they get down to the nitty-and-gritty, none of the applicants will be of assured quality.

Heck I would even go for background checks, but I'd rather not bring a political argument right now.

@BartMcRoy,  The LO staff interviewing candidates is a bit different than players familiar with other players.

I'm sure LO will conduct interviews,  which would be expected.

Nominating players from a pool of other players is another approach, 

The assumption being that vouched players are by default "trusted" players. ( that would be the assumption )

I think the idea of LO recruiting players as GM's/MODS is interesting,

So I am making light of the whole deal.

It will be interesting.

@BartMcRoy,  The LO staff interviewing candidates is a bit different than players familiar with other players.

I'm sure LO will conduct interviews,  which would be expected.

Nominating players from a pool of other players is another approach, 

The assumption being that vouched players are by default "trusted" players. ( that would be the assumption )

I think the idea of LO recruiting players as GM's/MODS is interesting,

So I am making light of the whole deal.

It will be interesting.

Plus, I'm seeing some players responding that are in a bit of "cringe" mode,

so kind of entertaining.

Edited by Westford

Nominating players and needing references would go against the whole anonymity thing, wouldn’t it?

Not that I’m against it, but it could lead to speculation about which GM account belongs to which player, just like it did with the Mod Squad XX accounts.

8 minutes ago, AsgerLund said:

Nominating players and needing references would go against the whole anonymity thing, wouldn’t it?

Not that I’m against it, but it could lead to speculation about which GM account belongs to which player, just like it did with the Mod Squad XX accounts.

You have a really good point! It definitely could lead to that outcome.

In response, I guess I would have to say that anonymity would require that the players not be named after being selected, and that the elected be very careful with grammar and sentence structure when they type in chat, to act as if it's all of them deciding what to say.

It would also require that the non-selected never mince a word about not being selected, but I don't believe that will work effectively.

Again, this is all speculation, but if done correctly, it can work out...I think.

Edited by BartMcRoy
more speculation

7 minutes ago, BartMcRoy said:

You have a really good point! It definitely could lead to that outcome.

In response, I guess I would have to say that anonymity would require that the players not be named after being selected, and that the elected be very careful with grammar and sentence structure when they type in chat, to act as if it's all of them deciding what to say.

It would also require that the non-selected never mince a word about not being selected, but I don't believe that will work effectively.

Again, this is all speculation, but if done correctly, it can work out...I think.

as a job to be taken professionally, professional expression in chat/PMs would be expected don't you think? everybody should be typing in clear written english

think u lot are all too scared of someone being nominated as a gm and them going batshoot and kicking people from districts because they quickswitched their buddy. there will be logs of this stuff if it's to happen, and i doubt if anybody doing such a thing would keep the position for much longer afterwards.

They already said that those gms will be their arms, and as you know LO will be the head of those arms. Any action performed by said body parts will be actions made by LO, and they said we shouldnt worry too much about it because they will be monitoring them...  with proper actions handled if they misbehave.

They wont pick gms randomly, they will pick them based on years of proper behaviour and other stuff that i don't know.

I don't think they will pick a gm based on the amount of patootie licking and sweet words... so you should not worry much about this whole situation until something bad happens.

I've been promised something alike and i will wait to see their actions -because i know that any action performed by a gm will be an action performed by them without any excuse-. They asked for trust upon them, we should grant them it since they are the ones that would revive the game.

Stay calm, give them a chance and lets see how it turns. And so i am will be doing the same.

In-game GMs and those with the authority to ban should only be professionals if any. In this community i would not trust ANYONE (including myself) with such a task. Volunteers could do minor inconsequential chores like sorting or typing tech support mails, or sending copy-paste mails to persons making ban appeals, doing translations for the game, etc - for a minor and not abusable reward.

Reporting in game is as far an administrative capacity any player should ever get in regards to dishing out bans, and it's just fair that anyone can do it. Only feature that should be added to this maybe is an (optional) third parameter describing the reason for the report.

On 5/31/2018 at 1:56 AM, Ohshii said:

As long as they're just glorified ticket writers and walking help kiosks, Im ok with it. If they have any authority or power in any shape or fashion however, I am not. Lets not relive the same bullshoot please k ty.

As soon as you start handing any form of responsibility to persons who are meant to mingle with the rest of the population those persons will inevitably get corrupted at some point, purely by social cohesion, misscommunication, or personal preference. It's not a good idea - those who want to mentor other players are already doing so today without being "glorified".

Edited by Sniperturtle

Volunteer GMs won’t have banning power, they already made that point clear.

• Thanks 2

On 5/30/2018 at 5:05 PM, Lixil said:

As I explained here 

Also can we please, please stop opening double/triple threads? I really don't want to be forced to warn people for this. 

That being said I will leave this open for now.

The sad part is, people will start up a new thread about an old topic, instead of searching for the old topic, because they are lazy.

Our old forums were clogged with the same topic for a long while.

Hense the "add it to the pile" meme.

1 minute ago, Nymphi-DoubleDee said:

The sad part is, people will start up a new thread about an old topic, instead of searching for the old topic, because they are lazy.

Our old forums were clogged with the same topic for a long while.

Hense the "add it to the pile" meme.

You should apply for mod. 

hue

hue

hue

59 minutes ago, Sniperturtle said:

As soon as you start handing any form of responsibility to persons who are meant to mingle with the rest of the population those persons will inevitably get corrupted at some point, purely by social cohesion, misscommunication, or personal preference. It's not a good idea - those who want to mentor other players are already doing so today without being "glorified".

Depends... There are some people that can handle responsibility.

But that's up to Lixil to decide who would be acceptable, and who wouldn't.

In the end, it's all up to them how the fate of this game proceeds.

Let's hope for the best in the coming selections.

21 minutes ago, AsgerLund said:

Exactly... and it's been said multiple times, yet people refuse to get it lol.

On 5/25/2018 at 11:51 PM, Lixil said:

My GMs are strictly volunteers. They will not be banning players.

the source: quote by Lixil

---------------

Not to in-flame anyone, but some people seem extremely butthurt that I posted in defense of LO and was providing my own view from past experience as to why I think LO's choice to use "free labor" versus hiring, could easily work out for them if they are as actively involved as they seem to be.

I was trying to be nice and share some experience that wasn't based on fictional guess-works and/or conspiracy fear mongering and what not -.- I should've known better .. 

I've edited the main post to carefully block out everything relating to my own thoughts and why my views were positive in favor of their plans to have way more active GM's but with far less power.
Perhaps the most crucial part can then sink through and be discussed (paid labor vs volunteers, the pro's and con's), as opposed to just making irrelevant discussion about things already answered.

Edited by Tigrix
  • Like 1

Just now, CookiePuss said:

You should apply for mod. 

hue

hue

hue

I am, actually.

Not a forum mod. But in-game. We need a good GM presence against blatants.

Let BattleEye and FairFight crush the closets.

21 minutes ago, Tigrix said:

Exactly... and it's been said multiple times, yet people refuse to get it lol.

the source: quote by Lixil

---------------

Not to in-flame anyone, but some people seem extremely butthurt that I posted in defense of LO and was providing my own view from past experience as to why I think LO's choice to use "free labor" versus hiring, could easily work out for them if they are as actively involved as they seem to be.

I was trying to be nice and share some experience that wasn't based on fictional guess-works and/or conspiracy fear mongering and what not -.- I should've known better .. 

I've edited the main post to carefully block out everything relating to my own thoughts and why my views were positive in favor of their plans to have way more active GM's but with far less power.
Perhaps the most crucial part can then sink through and be discussed (paid labor vs volunteers, the pro's and con's), as opposed to just making irrelevant discussion about things already answered.

Okay since you openly give your opinion i will do so.

Its obvious where you are pointing... and the amount of buttlicking coming from you creeps me out even to me. I didnt click your welcome because it really feels like it -if it is otherwise i apology-. What most piss me off is that your welcome video is a montage (???????????????).

That may be why you set off people and not because of your arguments, life experiences with being a GM or aministrator -or whatever you was in the past- or LO defense.

But this then its just my POV, take offense or not its what it is.

18 minutes ago, Nymphi-DoubleDee said:

I am, actually.

Oh really? I couldnt tell!

#sarcasm

56 minutes ago, AsgerLund said:

Any form of authority - even just links to authority - amass more power. Just for being who they are these persons will become different to the rest of the players. The requests to push for bans alone will suffice to corrupt them, depending how and by whom they are made.

43 minutes ago, Nymphi-DoubleDee said:

Depends... There are some people that can handle responsibility.

No sunshine, unless they are dealing with their own business, have their own livelyhood on the line, NOBODY can be trusted to be responsible unless (in this particular situation) they are not affiliated with the game personally at all.

How do i know this? I led various clans in games, whenever a person was the first to yell "ME, ME, ME!!!" when it came to a position of considerable authority, or even just minor authority like squad lead they usually sucked hard at the job. And i am talking about grown men here.

28 minutes ago, Nymphi-DoubleDee said:

We need a good GM presence against blatants.

Yes, you too will come to see the day when that "blatant" you thought, is actually legit in the real world.

That line was your first mistake before you even got GM.

Edited by Sniperturtle

22 minutes ago, Sniperturtle said:

Yes, you too will come to see the day when that "blatant" you thought, is actually legit in the real world.

That line was your first mistake before you even got GM.

Oh.... I didn't know people shawcoptering and warping faster than a 4x4 were legits.

My bad.