Couth

Question about inventory management

Is there a way to rearrange items in the inventory? I'd like to rearrange vehicles/weapons/etc. to have them appear in a certain order, or have my most used equipment show up first. Is there a system in place or a workaround that I can use to organize my inventory? 

Yes, except weapons. It's also expensive.

Edited by Saxtus
  • Like 2

With cars it doesn't have to be expensive. You'll have to put all your bought cars on the market then fill your garage with cheap or armas cars. Then delete the cars that are in the position that you want to use. But yeah it don't work with weapons.

• Like 2

yes this i wish me to for years. i mean atm when u have many guns how me. Its skill to change the wappon fast i know exactly where is my gun what i need in the big list. But change will be very nice to get the fav wappons to put on first in the list.

You're expected to delete all your guns and then repurchase them in the order you want them to be.

• Like 1

you can only sort weapons by type

just by pressing I and selecting the weapon slot and switching between the categories at the top. basically a necissity with 50+ weapons xd

but yeah, that's about it for weapons.

people asked for loadout/sorting a lot but it has not been implemented (yet)

maybe LO is up for the task at one point.

Edited by neophobia

Please LO, this is more of a necessity than putting time into an event. 

If I remember correctly they currently are very limited to what they can do with the Inventory in itself. I'm fairly certain they're currently at the absolute limit when it comes to Inventory space and I'd imagine that them being so limited in what they can do is also the reason why a sort functionality has never been implemented. Fingers crossed for 3.5 adding those features down the line.

4 hours ago, Frosi said:

If I remember correctly they currently are very limited to what they can do with the Inventory in itself. I'm fairly certain they're currently at the absolute limit when it comes to Inventory space and I'd imagine that them being so limited in what they can do is also the reason why a sort functionality has never been implemented. Fingers crossed for 3.5 adding those features down the line.

HEAVY BREATHING

For real though, there needs to be changes because I'm not going to renew some 30+ tattoos on the market and reduplicate them when they resell.

It's a nightmare.

On 11/21/2018 at 1:43 AM, Frosi said:

Inventory space is a limited resource, because the servers will collapse under stress if inventories grow too large.

I guess sorting items doesn't work because the interface reads directly of the dataset for each character. Each new item gets assigned a consecutive number and the inventory just displays this list.

Remember, like most things in APB, the UI is a fairly complex, confusing and convoluted creation. Supposedly it is built with Kismet, which, if my understanding is correct, isn't meant for such a thing.

"In general, Kismet does not execute on the client; it runs on the server and programmers can allow changes that are relevant to gameplay for a given client to be replicated to it."

I've never really put my greater attention to this fact, but this sentence might explain why most of the interfaces are so extremely slow. Wouldn't surprise me if your client makes a call to the server every time you want to open the inventory in order to request the necessary information.

I wish we could reorganize our guns, its really annoying having to scroll down