moxxichixx

(GAME) Damage Mod + Car Speed Mod & Speed Cap ??

[Weapon Modification for Damage]

Hey I am posting my suggestion here about new weapon mods I would like to see come out in the future for apb. I heard damage mods were part of APB in 2010 and was removed later on in APB Reloaded. Is there a chance we could see them appear again for future contacts unlocks? I would love to increase my weapon damage...at a cost of course! :classic_happy:

I thought about something that could maybe help is add minor dmg buff and reduce the range of the weapon by a good amount to make it fair

Example:

• HNw5BmY.jpg  +8% weapon damage | -30% effective range

The damage would be very good but considering the large amount of range loss it could make it lot more fair and a unique mod. Making it a RED modification so it doesn't combine with range mods and fire rate mods (since it would be too cheesy for combinations)

On 11/21/2018 at 10:37 AM, moneychixx said:

RECAP for weapon damage modification.

First of all, nerf OBIR damage per bullet from 16.5% to 15.4% (we don't want the weapon to kill anyone in 2 bursts making it 0.45sec ttk = too strong)

Secondly make the red modification like below

+8% weapon damage

-5% fire rate

-15% accuracy loss (inspired by heavy barrel)

-25% effective range

Unaffect Inverted Range Weapons (because Agrotech DMR or Volcano range is inverted making them more powerful at longer range)

[Vehicle Modification for Speed]

I was wondering if we could add speed mods to the game since there isn't any and it could be a unique way to introduce a mod for vehicles which is rare usually. Just like the character modification "Fragile" the car mod for speed would have to decrease the car health pool in order to gain extra speed. Speed is always a crucial element when it comes to time and apb is should be all about action and wars right? Cars would be more "light weight" since they have "less protection/armor".

Example:

• HNww7TD.png  +6% max speed | +30% damage from weapons OR -12% max vehicle health

This mod would come crucial for moments when you need time to reach an objective and it would be balanced by making the vehicle more weak and critical to weapons/damage. Making it a ORANGE mod would make it not compatible with other mods like "Nitro Booster" for top speed reasons [?] but I think it could also be great in as a GREEN mod because it is not an activating mod. Similar stats are seen on other modifications which means it could probably be easy to make?

[?] Perhaps if the modification was GREEN instead of ORANGE it could work out well too since "Nitro Booster" only affect max speed when activated AND doesn't go above the speed cap (23 m/s).

HNwyhmL.jpg HNwyp3W.jpg HNwIBDX.jpg

(inspirations)

• HO4YWS0.png **EDIT** Probably going for green... :classic_biggrin:

[Vehicles Speed Cap]

Would it also be possible to raise the speed limit on all cars by maybe 25%? Cars seems to be really slow in this game and time is crucial in this game due to the number of time we have to try to take an objective on foot and do tactics to reach it.

To conclude I think those modification would be an nice addition in the future and could make gameplay more interesting and more diverse because I think apb is unique in the way things happens in combat. More scenario possible could make the game more interesting in my opinion. Thank you for reading! Please people don't consider those numbers like real ones I am just putting out what seems most logic but still I am not a developer I know that...❤️ (Sorry if I made any mistake in english)

Edited by moneychixx
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

In principle I agree with all of these, obviously the game engine may need a little bit more work to make the implementation and use of such mods stable in use.

I think 30% reduced range on Hard damage mod would be a bit harsh, 25% would be more forgiving.

The vehicle speed mod would not be orange and Orange mods are mods which are activated mods and require the player to toggle them. While I don't see the need for Nitro to be paired up with Speed mod, Nitro is a mod which needs to be activated.

Speed mod would be a passive mod which doesn't need to be activated, the fact it affects the speed, and damage/heath of the entity (vehicle), This would make it a green mod.

Alternatively It could be a purple mod for miscellaneous properties

Anyway, those are just technicalities and I still agree with the concept in it's principles.

There is already a Mod that buff weapon damage at the cost of recoil, dunno if u already know so i just sayng it.

As for the veichles speed cap could be ok cause also cars with supposed strong engine power goes slowly .

20 minutes ago, iDontThinkSo said:

There is already a Mod that buff weapon damage at the cost of recoil, dunno if u already know so i just sayng it.

there’s currently no modification that adds raw damage to a weapon 

23 minutes ago, iDontThinkSo said:

As for the veichles speed cap could be ok cause also cars with supposed strong engine power goes slowly .

There really isn't a lot of unique gun mods that do that, All of them are considered "Bound" mods and are more of a place holder for custom coded weapons that are built deliberately.

Even if these guns had their mod slots unlocked and the "mod" was removed, the affects of the mod would not be. If you remove the Intelligent recoil stabiliser from a AMG-556 Medusa, the gun wouldn't change at all, It wouldn't behave like a AMG-556 Euryale.

Those "mods" are part of the gun's custom made properties and cannot be removed.

Edited by VickyFox

Oh my mistake, i confused the "Heavy Barrel" mod to have increased damage and increased recoil while the correct effect was reduced damage and reduced recoil 😅

From APB 2010

HNDY2dJ.jpg

credit: Sung

• Savage 1 - Increases the damage done per round by 5%
  • Savage 2 - Increases the damage done per round by 8%

• Savage 3 - Increases the damage done per round by 10%

HNDZFLT.jpg

2 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Yeah let's not bring back Savage Mod. That was not a fun time.

Please read post before posting non-sense... 

1 hour ago, Zolerox said:

Strife  1 shot when?

Strife would not one shot anything since it got nerfed recently and the 8% wouldn't be enough to make it a one shot one kill just like HVR.

Edited by moneychixx

16 minutes ago, moneychixx said:

Strife would not one shot anything since it got nerfed recently and the 8% wouldn't be enough to make it a one shot one kill just like HVR.

clearly you don't use fragile then 🙂

On 11/16/2018 at 10:21 PM, moneychixx said:

[Weapon Modification for Damage]

Hey I am posting my suggestion here about new weapon mods I would like to see come out in the future for apb. I heard damage mods were part of APB in 2010 and was removed later on in APB Reloaded. Is there a chance we could see them appear again for future contacts unlocks? I would love to increase my weapon damage...at a cost of course! 🙂

I thought about something that could maybe help is add minor dmg buff to make it fair and reduce the range of the weapon by a good amount to make it fair

Example:

• HNw5BmY.jpg  +8% weapon damage | -30% effective range

The damage would be very good but considering the large amount of range loss it could make it lot more fair and a unique mod. Making it a RED modification so it doesn't combine with range mods and fire rate mods (since it would be too cheesy for combinations)

off the top of my head this would make obir a pretty crazy 2 stk up to 40ish meters

and be a gigantic buff to dmr

9 hours ago, moneychixx said:

I read it fine.

11 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

off the top of my head this would make obir a pretty crazy 2 stk up to 40ish meters

and be a gigantic buff to dmr

Sounds good to me

13 hours ago, Zolerox said:

clearly you don't use fragile then 🙂

It used to one shot and I think it still does... so no big deal really

1 hour ago, moneychixx said:

Sounds good to me

so i did some rough math and it’s not good

obir becomes a .45s ttk/2 stk from 0-40m

dmr becomes a .8s ttk/2 stk from 61-100m (hard damage would drastically increase as well)

you could probably squeeze an ar in between those ranges but obir, ntec, dmr is gonna be it for weapon variety lol

3 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

so i did some rough math and it’s not good

obir becomes a .45s ttk/2 stk from 0-40m

dmr becomes a .8s ttk/2 stk from 61-100m (hard damage would drastically increase as well)

you could probably squeeze an ar in between those ranges but obir, ntec, dmr is gonna be it for weapon variety lol

still sounds balanced... 0.46s ttk to be exact but still its 40m and its the range of an OCA... lul who cares. Sounds good to me they still can make restrictions and tweak the mods so.

Edited by moneychixx

45 minutes ago, moneychixx said:

still sounds balanced... 0.46s ttk to be exact but still its 40m and its the range of an OCA... lul who cares. Sounds good to me they still can make restrictions and tweak the mods so.

yes nothing at all wrong about a yukon with pixel accuracy, no bloom, and a 40m range

????

1shot with nhvr? no, thanks. i'm fine with switching to secondary after i've landed my shot and vice-versa. 

Car speeds seem fine to me right now. But i've been playing for some time and i've got used to it. Though some people might want an improvement in maneuvering, but i like the way it is right now as well.

Edited by _chain

25 minutes ago, _chain said:

1shot with nhvr? no, thanks. i'm fine with switching to secondary after i've landed my shot and vice-versa. 

8% damage wouldn’t make the hvr a one shot kill unless you were wearing fragile 

1 hour ago, BXNNXD said:

8% damage wouldn’t make the hvr a one shot kill unless you were wearing fragile 

I figured our guy also wanted different levels for the mod, that's why

3 hours ago, _chain said:

I figured our guy also wanted different levels for the mod, that's why

Most recent modifications don't have different levels for mods. Example; muzzle break, tagger, high-magnification scope.

6 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

yes nothing at all wrong about a yukon with pixel accuracy, no bloom, and a 40m range

????

How about this...

• +8% weapon damage
  • -18% fire rate
  • -25% effective range
  • Substantially decreases benefit of marksmanship mode
  • Substantially decreases accuracy while running
  • Unaffect Burst-Rifles.

Overkill?

Edited by moneychixx

5 minutes ago, moneychixx said:

How about this... we add Unaffect Burst-Rifle Weapons. Substantially decreases benefit of marksmanship mode / Substantially decreases accuracy while running / Removes Marksmanship Crosshair. (Taken from other modifications in game except for the first one)

idk if orbit would add a mod that excludes burst fire weapons since they specifically changed cooling jacket to properly affect the obir, altho it never made it to live servers

aside from that the other downsides would destroy pretty much any gun, if you cant use it in marksmanship but you also cant use it from the hip then what's the point?

if we had to have an increased damage mod (personally dont think its a good idea) call it 'high caliber' or something, it should affect ammo capacity, recoil, and perhaps reload time (-x% magazine size, +x% recoil per shot, perhaps +x% reload time) and be a blue mod,  - the idea being that the mod turns "every" (as if all mods work on all guns lol) weapon into a poor man's .45 where if you can aim and land your shots you're rewarded with a very high output weapon, altho ideally the magazine size downside will limit you to single person engagements while the reload time downside will punish you for missing too much

16 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

idk if orbit would add a mod that excludes burst fire weapons since they specifically changed cooling jacket to properly affect the obir, altho it never made it to live servers

aside from that the other downsides would destroy pretty much any gun, if you cant use it in marksmanship but you also cant use it from the hip then what's the point?

if we had to have an increased damage mod (personally dont think its a good idea) call it 'high caliber' or something, it should affect ammo capacity, recoil, and perhaps reload time (-x% magazine size, +x% recoil per shot, perhaps +x% reload time) and be a blue mod,  - the idea being that the mod turns "every" (as if all mods work on all guns lol) weapon into a poor man's .45 where if you can aim and land your shots you're rewarded with a very high output weapon, altho ideally the magazine size downside will limit you to single person engagements while the reload time downside will punish you for missing too much

You can still use a Ntec in CQC with RS3 and u can still hip fire it with HS3. Cooling jaacket also affect shotgun spread. Why not make a restriction for burts rifle... Idk how the magazine size should be affected when we talk about bullet damage. Trying to fit .45 into a NTEC magazine ? like wot... Nah. I would prefer having less accuracy when aiming and sprinting it would make it possible to still hit at least. Any weapon can still be used with less accuracy while running and less accuracy when aiming. Playing on ammo capacity would make it a blue mod and you can't do that if it affect damage. I also understand that the stats taken from orange mod could be a problem and we could work on it. I am just not sure a decrease on ammo capacity would work well. Perhaps a high recoil amount could fix that.

*EDIT* Second thing I thought about... make a nerf to OBIR before adding that mod. Nerfing damage from 16.5% per bullet to 15.4% damage per bullet. It would make OBIR still 3 bursts to kill with/without that mod equipped.

Edited by moneychixx

RECAP for weapon damage modification.

First of all, nerf OBIR damage per bullet from 16.5% to 15.4%

+8% weapon damage

-18% fire rate

-25% effective range

-25% accuracy loss (inspired by heavy barrel)

Unaffect Agrotech DMR Range.

Edited by moneychixx