Lixil

Autumn Assault!

I liked the idea of  the event, very challenging, but some things could be tweaked: 
- Fight area radius
- Fix the grey/red names appearing and disappearing so quickly
- Give the skin to the person that doesnt have it following the scoreboard, if 1st place have it then skin goes to 2th (someone else suggested it)
- Make the event last more (maybe 2 hours?)

Edited by Syzus

Hi all,

I appreciate all the feedback - even the ones that hate this event.

Clearly what worked well with a small internal testing group, didn't hold up at scale.

We are looking at everything, and hopefully we'll have a chance to tweak things to make these matches work a little better.

Thanks,

Matt

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

27 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

Clearly what worked well with a small internal testing group, didn't hold up at scale.

We are looking at everything, and hopefully we'll have a chance to tweak things to make these matches work a little better.

Thanks,

Matt

Part of the problem for me was it being 80 people. IMO that's too many people for that small area.

Edited by IROCkiller
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

Thanks,

Matt

why are you testing it with a small internal test group and not using the same amount of players that it was meant for. 

• Like 1

Thanks for all the posts guys, good to know I should just not log in.

I think we came in thinking it would be district wide like the test districts. This was more like the old beacon but in an undetermined area.

A nice idea would be something like the snowball fights and the launchers but have cream pies and cream bullets for the Tommy-gun.

All ran within regular missions district wide

🧐

3 minutes ago, MACKxBOLAN said:

~snip~

I like the idea of creaming on other players: it fits with Socks' posts.

Edited by Kewlin
Grammar

I find it was more fun with less people And the same person won 3 times.

A few notes

zOmCjH3.png

and

Push the "jericho" event foward 5 hours to give everyone who either works or goes to school a chance "12 pm in aussie land)

That 1 Exploit from 12 deaths of xmas works here (still need to test it but i'm rarely ever wrong)

I was in a mission when the event was about to start (finished 30 seconds before it started) so Don't do missions when the event reaches it's schedule starting time.

Funny enough we had 2 criminals (obviously ram raiding) when the event was announced the event brang 30 players to the district I bet that surprised them a bit.

And yes it's buggy the red names/grey names System , we had people who never went red by hanging outside the zone and just shooting anyone that went red.

3 hours ago, Kewlin said:

I like the idea of creaming on other players: it fits with Socks' posts.

I can't wait to do 360-no-scope-bigcreamer-headshot.

7 hours ago, Zolerox said:

Push the "jericho" event foward 5 hours to give everyone who either works or goes to school a chance "12 pm in aussie land)

If it starts at 5PM PDT and you push it forward 5 hours, that'd be 12PM PDT, 3PM EST, people who work and attend school basically wouldn't be able to attend the event on any day except weekends, push it back to 10PM PDT and it's not 1AM EST, most people will be asleep and the night shift employees will be at work.

42 minutes ago, Similarities said:

If it starts at 5PM PDT and you push it forward 5 hours, that'd be 12PM PDT

.... I'm sorry that first sentence.

The servers can't handle this event. It has happened yesterday and today at the same time when gm come on server and announced the start of the event. It cant be a coincidence. Latency went up by 50+

• Like 1

after playing it... 80ppl is well too much with how buggy the area/spawns are. the frames in the fighting zone is terrible. the fact that people can go grey/red instantly ?_? zzzzzz

On 11/19/2018 at 1:54 PM, Flight said:

Noted.

There are some time slots which we have to stay within due to availability. I would suggest trying to show up during the weekend instead, but if it proves to be a massive issue for a lot of players I'll see if I can bring it up to the team.

Thank you for the feedback.

Any news on changing the event schedule? It's still annoying to not be able to play it. Trying to show up in the weekend doesn't really help, as it pretty much makes the event available only a couple of times then...

• Like 1

On 11/21/2018 at 5:50 AM, Nessie said:

Any news on changing the event schedule? It's still annoying to not be able to play it. Trying to show up in the weekend doesn't really help, as it pretty much makes the event available only a couple of times then...

Church on Sunday and work on Saturday i actually know people that can't play any day of the event.

P.S @MattScott you can bring a blowtorch to the event and Blowtorch kills Count and progress the gun roles.

Makes anubis alot easier to pass 🙂

YyIdm7z.png

Edited by Zolerox
  • Like 2

Random thoughts :

most of which has been mentioned a billion times already in this thread

1.) The event appears to be entirely luck based from what I and others have experienced. Makes me wonder if it isn't possible to set the skin as a weighted reward. With the rate increasing based on ones score. Encouraging everyone to give it their best shot, and winning the gun game still being valuable. Ideally with a ratio that resulted in at most, roughly, one winner per match. Should be adequate data to get a good guideline on where to set that bar. 

I mean it may result in some matches not rewarding the skin. However I fail to see that as an issue given the extremely high joker ticket payout being worthwhile regardless. Alternatively it could be set a bit too high. Making the skin less rare, and running the risk of multiple skins per match. However that'd still serve to help resolve the primary issue of how it is now. With needing the damn stars to align in order to get the skin - maybe. 

2.) Spawn distances could be tightened up a lot. When I was participating it wasn't uncommon to be spawned up to 200m+ away from the objective. This has been mentioned a few times. Just wanted to bring it up again.. it's a huge issue. It was preventing me from participating in any real capacity. 

3.) Please, please, please try to make some sort of indicator for the boundaries. I don't know how feasible it is, but yeah. I know similar-ish stuff exists in some form or another in APB already. Of course I'm not sure in the damn slightest if it could be adapted in this case. Just one of those things that would help things play out a lot more smoothly. Irritating beyond belief to have someone suddenly go grey during a fight, or you to step out of the area, or suddenly have everyone and their grandmother go red around you. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/20/2018 at 5:49 AM, Zolerox said:

zOmCjH3.png

That whole pushing the skin back part would actually work well as some players have gotten just below victory but the person that won already did happen to have the skin, so it would help at giving players a better chance.

They need to make it so like top 3 or 5 get the skin (for all matches even ones already completed) as you have alot of players in the game and this would make it more feasible for ppl to get the skin vs 1st place only and if its a repeat winner (which it normally is) too bad so sad.

Edited by Darkzero3802

This mode would be great if it actually worked well, and I really hope you keep it around and use it every once in a while. I'd like to see stuff like this pop up a few times a day in action districts again, and maybe make cool rewards specifically for each game mode. A nice gunmetal grey skin would be a cool reward for pistol gungame, and maybe some Joker themed skin for Joker gungame (not the Joker Associate skin, that already has a purpose, which I'd like to see come back as well.)

That being said, I'm also going to have to agree with Darkzero and say it should award the skin to more than just 1st place. It's very frustrating to be in first place, lose because you spawned 200m away behind a building, and then not get the skin.

Or you can just let MICA take the skin slot half the time on Jericho, that works too.

Why there is still no answer about providing a different time schedule for all players trying this mode? A whole week has passed already!

On 11/19/2018 at 9:47 PM, MattScott said:

Hi all,

Thanks,

Matt

You need to make it so like top 3 or 5 get the skin (for all matches even ones already completed) as you have alot of players in the game and this would make it more feasible or ppl to get the skin vs 1st place only and if its a repeat winner (which it normally is) its too bad so sad. Majority of the time you have the same ppl winning so this 1st place only thing doesnt work in the least bit. If you really want to keep it that way anyone who wins should be barred from playing to allow for new winners each time.

I've won... and yes I still play the event but out of consideration when I hit the last gun and I am about to win again I drop back giving someone else the chance to win.

Because just not playing the event because I've won already doesn't sound like fun so I still play event while just making sure I don't win.

On 11/21/2018 at 5:32 AM, Zolerox said:

P.S MattScott you can bring a blowtorch to the event and Blowtorch kills Count and progress the gun roles.

Makes anubis alot easier to pass 🙂

Wat, how does that make the anubis easier to pass?

It's way harder blowtorching someone in a 1v79 mess rather than just shooting someone three times, or one time, because everyone's tagged anyway.

8 hours ago, Zolerox said:

I've won... and yes I still play the event but out of consideration when I hit the last gun and I am about to win again I drop back giving someone else the chance to win.

Because just not playing the event because I've won already doesn't sound like fun so I still play event while just making sure I don't win.

Bless your soul.

Alright, here are my two cents about this event:

• Map selection

Waterfront and Financial for such a event isn't a good choice. We have three small Fight Club maps that would suit this event a whole lot better.

Though fight club maps are bigger than the event zones in the district, they are still too small to fit 80 players.

It's way too big, the areas are too limited, you have to drive all the way to the area and hope to be one of the first to get a head start.

• Player count

80 players makes it a 1v79, more or less.

Not only is this way too many players, but the servers and the engine can't even handle it.

Not to mention the spawn system, you get dropped of in the middle of 20 people shooting eachother, or you spawn 150m or further away and you have to run.

• Server / Engine issues

The hitreg gets screwed up all the time, you hit people seconds after you shot them, them not taking damage, etc.

Even the strongest PCs out there dip to 40 FPS, partially even 20 or lower due to the massive amount of players around.

Sounds start crackling, or don't play at all due to the massive amount of sound samples being played at one time.

• Rewards

If you continuously win, you get the new skin over and over and over.

If you already have the skin, you should get a higher amount of JT instead.

• Weapon selection

In other gungames that have happened the past years, and in other games, the guns are usually stacked in one order - like SMGs first, ARs after that, followed by Sniper Rifles.

The current weapon ladders are preset, but in a rather random order. The Joker Box one is the most noticeable.

• Scoring

Sometimes you only need one kill to progress the weapon, sometimes you only need an assist, sometimes you need two or even three kills.

• Random issues

Grey names. Grey names everywhere.

Sometimes you enter the area, or respawn, and everyone's grey and stays grey for a minute or two.

Sometimes only a third of the players are red and damageable, once someone dies, someone else becomes red and damageable.

Sometimes everyones red as it should be.

Sometimes you get kicked out of the dynamic event, you receive your original loadout and grenades, and it will take a minute or two to re-enter the event.

Players blocking car spawns to prevent others from getting a car to get to the next event zone.

Mods such as Flak Jacket or Remote Detonator are still useable.

So all in all, the event is a nice idea and sounds good on paper.

BUT: The execution with 80 players, countless bugs and performance issues makes it an unenjoyable experience.

The event is more luck based than skill based.

Sometimes you can go on a kill streak because all the people around you are grey, and you can cheese kills from others fights further away.

You randomly get "ejected" from the dynamic event, forcing you into the grey phase and you can't do anything for minutes while most other players can freely progress.

This is extremely infuriating when you had a nice kill streak and were the highest in the weapon ladder.

I don't know why you didn't edit the christmas gungame instead of creating a new dynamic event.

It was perfectly balanced and didn't suffer any bugs, and was on a enjoyable map to go with it.

I know you guys are new to events, but please stay away from mass events like this. The current engine doesn't support this.

Launch a few seperate districts instead of one massive district, and please test the events before you make them public.

That's all I could think of for now. Bet I'll remember more things in a few hours. Might edit the post then.