Lixil

Autumn Assault!

Inconsistent.

"forever alone" title was available to all players when it was previously exclusive *top 10% of players per server or something.

And that was bugged and became available to everyone. This just hurts Every shred of the "The butcher" event is being hidden from me.

was looking forward to the skin at least i can get some sleep this event (leaves look ok though)

I kind find it funny the butcher skin had backlash when they were going to reward it again meanwhile i haven't heard a peep about the "new Primitives/decals" being armas only. (from Halloween)

Epidemic Decal Sheet

Halloween Animal Symbol Sheet

Halloween Costume Symbol Sheet

Edited by Zolerox
misinformation

Thank you for the change, LO.

Not only you've actually set a precedent that exclusive items are to be valued, now everyone has a reason to try and have a go at the skin 🙂

• Like 2

10 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

i feel like it says more about you than the skin that this was your first thought upon seeing it

What do you expect from someone with an anime avatar?

Very nice change LO, even though I'm not too much of a fan of the new skin.

Whatever you might think if the new skin, I think credit should be given to LO for giving us new stuff. 

... just sayin

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Yood said:

why you LO does not announce a new competition for the tuning machines and change the product with Social district for Joker tickets?

Maybe because they want to get everything on an actually decent running engine first before they start doing stuff like that. 

Now can you stop bringing up the past in every single post you make ... it's a new company stop dredging up the past.

5 hours ago, Zolerox said:

Inconsistent.

"forever alone" title was available to all players when it was previously exclusive *top 10% of players per server or something.

And that was bugged and became available to everyone. This just hurts Every shred of the "The butcher" event is being hidden from me.

Technically that was under Tiggs' rule. The new team wasn't responsible for that one far as I know? There's nothing too terribly inconsistent about that. If anything the new team is showing that they aren't keen on making the same mistakes a second time around.

Of course if they ever got around to giving a different version of it to the contest winners with a special coloration or something that'd be nice. But.. eh. They weren't the ones to blame for it. Nor do I think they should have to fix every little mistake the old team made.

Long as they keep trying their best to do right by their long-term players going forward I'm happy. 

3 hours ago, Nitronik said:

Thank you for the change, LO.

Not only you've actually set a precedent that exclusive items are to be valued, now everyone has a reason to try and have a go at the skin 🙂

Yeah that's something I didn't even think about. Previously it didn't offer anything to some of the people who've been around since the start. Now it does.

Edited by Genobee

On 11/14/2018 at 8:01 PM, Lixil said:

Citadel matches will be spawned 5 PM GMT, on Gold Financial and Waterfront districts.

Exactly when i must stop playn on my PC(7pm)Hate this exact hour events.Can u make it like daily activity and u just calculate the scores and who did best-wins.Every gun game to be with some timer to be completed.

Edited by TheMessiah

30 minutes ago, Genobee said:

Technically that was under Tiggs' rule. The new team wasn't responsible for that one far as I know? There's nothing too terribly inconsistent about that. If anything the new team is showing that they aren't keen on making the same mistakes a second time around.

Of course if they ever got around to giving a different version of it to the contest winners with a special coloration or something that'd be nice. But.. eh. They weren't the ones to blame for it. Nor do I think they should have to fix every little mistake the old team made

Actually... The "forever alone" title being awarded again was this year....

But you can't make everyone happy I'll get over it (just seems like any idea of The butcher dynamic event that i love so much is taken away from me when it get's close.)

Edited by Zolerox

Salt to the wounds a bit for me.

I got 3D glasses and Desert Scarf during events before being released to armas.

One questions how proud someone should be to win this new skin and if it is worth the effort.

...Well this is the first of the LO Exclusive items to be released and it'll be interesting if more will come and if they will be kept exclusive. 🤨

3 hours ago, Zolerox said:

Actually... The "forever alone" title being awarded again was this year....

But you can't make everyone happy I'll get over it (just seems like any idea of The butcher dynamic event that i love so much is taken away from me when it get's close.)

You're aware that forever alone was given away to everyone was given away during valentines day, and LO wouldn't own APB until months after that, right?

There's no inconsistency here. Also, that wasn't a bug.

9 hours ago, Zolerox said:

I kind find it funny the butcher skin had backlash when they were going to reward it again meanwhile i haven't heard a peep about the "new Primitives/decals" being armas only. (from Halloween)

Literally how is this at all related?

9 hours ago, Zolerox said:

Jericho time needs adjusting. *4am is absurd tweak the times so it's somewhere in the middle (aus/asia) players

Unfortunately I think this is just a fundamental flaw with the event, and there's no time that works for everyone. . . in fact there's almost no time that works for anyone. Here's to hoping that the few people who actually manage their schedules well don't get fucked over by hackers.

1 hour ago, VickyFox said:

...Well this is the first of the LO Exclusive items to be released and it'll be interesting if more will come and if they will be kept exclusive. 🤨

There's no indication by LO that this is intended to be an in any way exclusive item really. Heck, I'm not even sure LO intended it to be extraordinarily hard to get.

I think the new skin fits the autumn theme more than the butcher skin.However, i expect to see those old skins ( including the butcher skin) return at some later events.

I dont agree on exclusivity, even new players should be able to get old cosmetics, thats how you bring new players to this game imo

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Syzus said:

I think the new skin fits the autumn theme more than the butcher skin.However, i expect to see those old skins ( including the butcher skin) return at some later events.

I dont agree on exclusivity, even new players should be able to get old cosmetics, thats how you bring new players to this game imo

You will never get it 🙂

On 11/15/2018 at 1:06 PM, Lixil said:

Heya! I have talked to our devs and they said that the issue you are experiencing sounds like multi-GPU. If you run with dual cards or a card with multiple cores on it you need to enable multi-GPU compatibility mode in the options.

Everyone else that is afraid that they will miss the event: we are making a schedule that can be remade so that players don't miss the event. The schedule will be announced tomorrow and you will be able to see where and when it happens. 

But I only have one card...

Unless my processors internal GPU is also acting up.

8 hours ago, Kewlin said:

You're aware that forever alone was given away to everyone was given away during valentines day, and LO wouldn't own APB until months after that, right?

There's no inconsistency here. Also, that wasn't a bug.

And I remember them canceling the "give the title to everyone event" because of the same backlash.

12 hours ago, Genobee said:

you two listen carefully.

When "Battle Eye" was installed The Forever alone title became available to everyone (yeah i'm pretty damn sure that wasn't under tiggs' Rule) LO installed the new anti cheat and because they did It bugged a Valentines day event (when it wasn't even valentines day) to activate which had the reward "forever alone" title.

HoLxEd2.png

An event made for valentines day was "secretly" on during the battle Eye update (yes because of a bug) but i did not see LO stop the rest from getting that title or fixing it before it was too late (it's fixed now though)

And this engine is just wonder full "fix 1 thing break 20" a bug so bad it actually turned an event On.

7 minutes ago, Zolerox said:

~snip~

Sorry, I was not aware that RP had removed the title from the event, but evidence is in fact there on the old forums:
https://forums-old.gamersfirst.com/topic/407698-apb-pc-valentine’s-login-and-win-event/?p=4516307

Sorry about that!

Still, LO didn't intentionally give out the title, and I highly doubt they saw that as important at the time, and most likely weren't even really aware of that issue in specific. I would have greatly preferred they had fixed the issue before it happened, but I can't say I'm surprised it wasn't fixed.

And yeah, even things that weren't fixes per say have had. . . bad effects under LO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kewlin said:

And yeah, even things that weren't fixes per say have had. . . bad effects under LO.

Kinda feel a bit sorry for g1 releasing content with the same engine that resulted in the following (examples are about the engine not just g1's content releases) :

"OPGL-CD Had SHAW Stats in RTW district"

"Arrests showing twice"

"Crash other players if you cancel a trade"

"Out of map bug's for item's"

"If you jump in a certain spot in waterfront you can force end a mission"

"Punk buster Banning everyone that logged in"

and a few more i'm probably forgetting. 

And i can't resist showing this video again. 

still can't get over the fact all they did was install a new anticheat and it turned on the valentines event Whoelsebutapb

22 hours ago, Yood said:

why you LO does not announce a new competition for the tuning machines and change the product with Social district for Joker tickets?

Ohhh yeah that would be really cool!

1xyv0me.png

All that vehicles and outfits got created by the community during events.

And to be honest LO could expand this and add new cars, outfits,

maybe even decals and presets? Idk if it is possible to buy decals from

contact but it would be really cool. This idea should be added to

suggestions. There is already a very detailed suggestion.

Edited by iTzBlackout
  • Like 1

To me the time is way to early

When im lucky i can enter the whole gungames when they start 3 hours later

Citadel

But im bad anyway so.... bye bye weapon skin

Good luck to everyone that is able to enter the gungames

Have fun

Edited by SunnyMonroe
  • Thanks 1

I feel like the only way to make this event fair is to make it happen at different times per day. Giving a fixed hour for all days is just a bad idea which cuts off everyone else who cannot play at that hour.

Edited by Nessie

7 minutes ago, Nessie said:

I feel like the only way to make this event fair is to make it happen at different times per day. Giving a fixed hour for all days is just a bad idea which cuts off everyone else who cannot play at that hour.

How foolish we were to complain about it being hard , because we had to "complete a daily to progress the role" and then we get this. A fixed time so unless your sleeping schedule is perfect your gonna miss it a lot (then you have to win that's a whole other story)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, iTzBlackout said:

Ohhh yeah that would be really cool!

1xyv0me.png

All that vehicles and outfits got created by the community during events.

And to be honest LO could expand this and add new cars, outfits,

maybe even decals and presets? Idk if it is possible to buy decals from

contact but it would be really cool. This idea should be added to

suggestions. There is already a very detailed suggestion.

I bought this a long time ago . there is no product in the store . money 50,000

On 11/16/2018 at 9:56 PM, MattScott said:

Hi everyone,

You can get the complete details about Autumn Assault here:

https://www.gamersfirst.com/apb/news/2018/11/16/new-apb-event-autumn-assault

The weapon skin change was a bit last minute, but ultimately we didn't want to ruin the exclusivity of that skin for the people that got it before.

I appreciate the perspectives of those players who raised this issue on the forums.

Clearly this is heavily inspired by the Butcher skin, but a bit more thematic to the event.

autumn-assault-skin.jpg

Thanks,
Matt

The skin looks nice but i personally rather had the butcher skin.

23 hours ago, VickyFox said:

Salt to the wounds a bit for me.

I got 3D glasses and Desert Scarf during events before being released to armas.

One questions how proud someone should be to win this new skin and if it is worth the effort.

Well this is their first exclusive so well see what they do if its exclusive where it will be event themed (like the valentines guns) or if it will be limited where its never avail again after this event. Seeing as this is based off holidays I would venture to say we will see it again around this time of yr next yr.

Here's one

Autumn Assault "blend in" contest (i know for facebook and twitter but just enjoy)

bAUq972.png

A buddy sent me this.

14 minutes ago, Zolerox said:

Here's one

Autumn Assault "blend in" contest (i know for facebook and twitter but just enjoy)

bAUq972.png

A buddy sent me this.

That looks amazingly identical, but isn't he supposed to blend into the background instead of blend in to the city?