Sign in to follow this  
Player1

Is the RFP to strong ?

What you experts in this forum thinks about this gun ? In my opinion its broken.

the range is insane.

the firerate or better say the delay between the burst shots are to short that you can literally spamm with it.

you can easily stomp ntec players on mid range, you are basically ttk them out.

the mobility or better say the ability with this gun is insane, you can just peek-shoot 3 times from corners and destroying your opps with it. "Yeah with other weapons too" i just need some arguments :DD

i think for a secondary gun its just to strong

I forgot to mention that its the only p2w secondary in armas which you can get from that version of it

• Like 1

the ntec has a 33% lower ttk (on paper) and you shouldn't get outplayed by rfp with it much.

the rfp is too easy to use imo - but it definitely isn't >the< strongest secondary, it is strong in too many situations though imo (as in that it's too versatile) and very dominant in its niche. an act/rsa will outrange it though, other pistols are better in close and it doesn't really outperform primaries in their intended range.

the armas version is definitely a straight upgrade - which shouldn't be the case - you could argue that this is also an issue with ir3 though.

but - it's far from p2w.

if anything the rfp is just a worse but maybe easier oscar.

the weapon does need tweaking, either range or accuracy-wise - i guess.

or maybe longer/slower bursts (or maybe intervals - which probably wouldn't really help/nerf too much imo) (maybe bring it on par with obir ttk)

Edited by neophobia
  • Like 1

the gun is supposed to be a high damage burst fire close range secondary

I don't see the point in it having 40m range, and it does in fact turn it into a pocket OBIR

Edited by Nitronik
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's a pocket obir so somewhat maybe

The damage is 399(3shot) , overkill damage gives more range.

And so accurate.

It's OP as a secondary.

• Thanks 1

I think what we need is a month where all of the good players out there (not me), use nothing but off-meta weapons. 

Then, maybe after a month of getting rekt by any weapon a better player uses against them we would see less of these types of threads.

Side Note: add the Fang to the joker store... let people see its not some super gun.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

the range is fine , the minimum damage isn't .

I am a strong believer that the nerfing of guns needs to stop.  But the strongest pistol in the game(rfp) should not be purchasable for a few thousand apb$ and be able to absolutely shred anyone at almost any range.  My nano, yukon, colby 45... all dont stand a chance.

2 hours ago, pikckyy said:

colby 45... all dont stand a chance.

You realize the .45 AP has the same range but a faster ttk than the RFP, right?

15 hours ago, Ketog said:

the range is fine , the minimum damage isn't .

Let me elaborate

Basically im saying that even after the maximum range and the damage dropoff , the minimum damage is way too high , which makes the RFP viable as a life grinder at any range , doesn't matter if it's 100 meters or 41 .

10 hours ago, pikckyy said:

I am a strong believer that the nerfing of guns needs to stop.  But the strongest pistol in the game(rfp) should not be purchasable for a few thousand apb$ and be able to absolutely shred anyone at almost any range.  My nano, yukon, colby 45... all dont stand a chance.

yeah, make the game p2w, this gun should cost you 500$ instead of being acquireable by everyone since it is a good gun.

???

23 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

I think what we need is a month where all of the good players out there (not me), use nothing but off-meta weapons. 

Then, maybe after a month of getting rekt by any weapon a better player uses against them we would see less of these types of threads.

Side Note: add the Fang to the joker store... let people see its not some super gun.

Let me know when you start thinking for yourself

2 minutes ago, Nitronik said:

Let me know when you start thinking for yourself

Well if you ever catch me actually using my Fang... I will paypal you $100.

13 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

You realize the .45 AP has the same range but a faster ttk than the RFP, right?

When you hit all of your shots, which the .45 has both a larger bloom and higher recoil than the RFP. It'll win in CQC, anywhere past 25m it's losing hands down.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Similarities said:

When you hit all of your shots, which the .45 has both a larger bloom and higher recoil than the RFP. It'll win in CQC, anywhere past 25m it's losing hands down.

Lets say I agree with you, is that not balanced?

One is better at range, the other cqc?

• Thanks 1

It's a bullshoot weapon because it's got faster TTK than OBIR on paper, with good accuracy, good alpha (40%) and is yet still decent at range.

It also can kill with a little less than half the magazine, most secondary weapon except for snub nosem N-FA and .45 are around half mag to kill afaik.

It has the highest damage/magazine out of every secondary. let that sink in. That wouldn't be such a big deal if it weren't for the long range efficiency.

I mean yeah, the reload is .40 seconds longer than the average secondary, but that's about the only factual drawback.

Could be argued that it's only raw numbers and doesn't reflect in-game usage, but no sane player can deny that RFP is definitely above average in term of performance.

It's not something insanely strong, but still is a bit bullshitey and could benefit from better balancing. Nothing to lose your mind over, but I can see where you're coming from.

• Thanks 3

On 11/14/2018 at 10:43 AM, neophobia said:

the rfp is too easy to use imo - but it definitely isn't >the< strongest secondary, it is strong in too many situations though imo (as in that it's too versatile) and very dominant in its niche. an act/rsa will outrange it though, other pistols are better in close and it doesn't really outperform primaries in their intended range.

You're right in that the ACT and RSA have more range than the RFP... however they don't even have close to the accuracy required to be reliable at 70m (or really any range that exceeds the Fang's dropoff). So that range is basically useless unless the enemy is in a completely open space and the RSA/ACT user is safe enough to be able to stand still and crouch.  Better competition from those two (ACT and RSA) would help the RFP shed part of its overpowered image and gain real alternatives as a secondary for SMG players. 

Both the ACT and RSA need substantially improved marksmanship accuracy in my opinion, even if it has to come at the cost of some range. For example, a 60m ACT with the marksmanship accuracy of the RFP would be far more usable than the current 70m RNG cannon.  And let's not even mention the Harbinger...

Edited by Lyfeld
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

23 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Lets say I agree with you, is that not balanced?

One is better at range, the other cqc?

I'm not saying it's imbalanced per se, just that TTK is not the only thing to think about in this scenario. Not making a statement on whether or not the RFP is OP or not.

1 hour ago, Similarities said:

I'm not saying it's imbalanced per se, just that TTK is not the only thing to think about in this scenario. Not making a statement on whether or not the RFP is OP or not.

You realize what this thread is about, yes? 

"Is the RFP too strong?"

The only issue I have with it is the 399 damage in one burst.

2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

You realize what this thread is about, yes? 

"Is the RFP too strong?"

Thank you captain obvious, did you bother to read my statement? I said I'm not taking either side, I'm simply stating that TTK is not the only thing to factor in when making an argument for or against a weapon.

Sign in to follow this