TrashCan

Fix the footsteps sound!

For the love of god please fix the footsteps sound i mean I can not even hear are fucking car roll up behind me.

Every good game have nice footsteps sound so that you can react to. 

i can hear ambient sounds just fine

• Like 1

Yeah, I too hear sounds just fine.

After playing without ambient noise for so long... the stuff is almost deafening to me now.

• Like 1

Sounds fine to me. I can hear the exact position of those footsteps from miles away.

Is your volume maybe messed with? that or you have other things playing... like music, music from the cars. I can hear them in quiet spaces, when you're supposed to... I think the sound of an idling car would make it harder to hear the footsteps of another person...

4 hours ago, TrashCan said:

For the love of god please fix the footsteps sound i mean I can not even hear are fucking car roll up behind me.

Every good game have nice footsteps sound so that you can react to. 

I do not hear any problem with footsteps sounding.

Are you using headphones?

8 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Yeah, I too hear sounds just fine.

After playing without ambient noise for so long... the stuff is almost deafening to me now.

Yes!

Did you know the drains make a gurgling sound? Gurgling in the streets of San Paro!

Edited by KnifuWaifu

6 minutes ago, KnifuWaifu said:

Yes!

Did you know the drains make a gurgling sound? Gurgling in the streets of San Paro!

4ZMIRo4.jpg

3 minutes ago, AsgerLund said:

4ZMIRo4.jpg

sweet buttery fuck knuckles what the hell is that 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BXNNXD said:

sweet buttery fuck knuckles what the hell is that 

gurgle-gurgle-gurgle

My audio system is the finest nothing is wrong with that... In my opinion, the steps are too quiet and the area from when you hear the steps is too small. 

But the fact that sometimes you do not even hear a rolling car behind you is bad.

1 hour ago, TrashCan said:

My audio system is the finest nothing is wrong with that... In my opinion, the steps are too quiet and the area from when you hear the steps is too small. 

But the fact that sometimes you do not even hear a rolling car behind you is bad.

the audio files of the steps are played perfectly . everything works fine .

9 minutes ago, Yood said:

the audio files of the steps are played perfectly . everything works fine .

I talk about the enemy footsteps it is to quiet... The own footsteps works fine, right.

34 minutes ago, TrashCan said:

I talk about the enemy footsteps it is to quiet... The own footsteps works fine, right.

especially your personal problem, everything works normally try to change personal settings .

There's various sections on the map that block sound from other areas. The sounds themselves work fine for the most part, but these sections can completely mute things like footsteps and gunfire if it's not within that section. For example, that item dropoff area in millennium plaza on the northeast side of Waterfront. The one with 2 entrances and a ladder for each. When up the ladders, you can't hear anything below them.

Edited by MrsHappyPenguin
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, MrsHappyPenguin said:

For example, that item dropoff area in millennium plaza on the northeast side of Waterfront. The one with 2 entrances and a ladder for each. When up the ladders, you can't hear anything below them.

specify the exact location using coordinates or a map . probably a mistake .

9 hours ago, TrashCan said:

Ok now I have somewhat of an idea what is going on.

Certain times the engine for APB does not always play the district sounds properly.

Sometimes sounds are muffled and can not be heard properly from it happening.

This is yet another reason the engine upgrade is needed so that bugs can be addressed properly.

Other than that little crumb I do not know much about this.

Just now, Fortune Runner said:

Ok now I have somewhat of an idea what is going on.

Certain times the engine for APB does not always play the district sounds properly.

Sometimes sounds are muffled and can not be heard properly from it happening.

This is yet another reason the engine upgrade is needed so that bugs can be addressed properly.

Other than that little crumb I do not know much about this.

Is that the engine or is that voip messing with things, because when i have voip off ingame it doesn't seem to happen.

1 minute ago, Kevkof said:

Is that the engine or is that voip messing with things, because when i have voip off ingame it doesn't seem to happen.

^this^

Just now, Kevkof said:

Technically both since it has happened to me without voip on and voip can cause it to happen as well.

Edit  : remember I am only saying I know part of the reason by no means so I know everything about this

Edited by Fortune Runner

One thing you can try is setting the in-game audio levels to 100% and use windows to control the levels instead. There used to be issues with using the in game slider, I don't know if all of them have been fixed.