Tosei

harassment ban question

would people get permanent ban for harassing someone ? or just some days ban ? also do LO takes harassment seriously ? 

1 minute ago, Tosei said:

would people get permanent ban for harassing someone ? or just some days ban ? also do LO takes harassment seriously ? 

step 1: put them on ignore

step 2: move on with your life

• Like 7

I would say first offense maybe a week then, a perm ban if they did it again. And I doubt it seems to be a lot of it going on now days

• Like 2

who knows, it probably depends on the situation anyways

id assume one or two temp bans and if it persists than likely permanent

You are literally forced to bully people in this game.
No punishment for the truth!

We do take harassment very seriously. If someone is doing that to you please do contact support about it under ToS violation. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Halelulia said:

You are literally forced to bully people in this game.
No punishment for the truth!

lmao, what a personality has to do with gaming? if u bully someone on the internet, you are a bully in real life, whatever you write on that keyboard is your thoughts, no excuses.

1 minute ago, Lixil said:

We do take harassment very seriously. If someone is doing that to you please do contact support about it under ToS violation. 

thank, glad to hear, i reported them (same person but different characters) 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

he go on with different characters to keep harassing, are you defending him ? 

Edited by Tosei
it didnt stop 3 days now

2 minutes ago, Tosei said:

Not at all. 

Just giving advice on the easiest and most effective way to deal with the problem.

He's not defending him and is right in what he said. It's problematic if he creates one account after another just to harass you but as long as he doing that exactly because he wants to harass you, he also avoids bans, still acts against the ToS and will be banned everytime until he realizes that he wasted a shitload of time.

Stay strong, don't give a damn and move on with your life!

• Like 1

But bullying is Fun ;) specially on jericho ;)

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

Sure, but how can I play victim if I do that?

So whats the best way of reporting someone for harrasment, lately it feels like every 3rd game im being spamed with salty whispers saying 'go hang yourself' 'your a loser f**k' insert rant about your mother and something about goats.

Do we /reportplayer or is this a LO ticket thing?

Also what happens with players and offensive Nazi stickers?

35 minutes ago, JudgeAnderson said:

So whats the best way of reporting someone for harrasment, lately it feels like every 3rd game im being spamed with salty whispers saying 'go hang yourself' 'your a loser f**k' insert rant about your mother and something about goats.

If they will start to perma ban people for rage whispers then this game will have /100 pop at peak.

well, if you try to sell or trade a gun right now, you could get harassments too. This month i received so many negative messages.

Edited by Wilt
typo

50 minutes ago, JudgeAnderson said:

/report hasnt worked in a while now

all you can do is send a ticket to support, then wait several months for a reply

We've never actually been given a statement on a listed set of action for symbols. But Lixil has been quoted as saying you can have ALL your symbols deleted, and more recently some maniac was spamming the forums claiming his account was banned for symbols. Unfortunately, as I said before no actual official word from LO on how this is all supposed to play out.

4 hours ago, Tosei said:

Not sure what type of harassment you are referring to, as you did not provide any details.

Haven't checked the EULA recently to see what LO's description of harassment is,

but I'm guessing that harassment can come in two different flavors.

1) In game Whispers

2) In game actions , such as ghosting you in a mission, crashing into your vehicle repeatable while on a mission or outside of a mission ...  etc ...

Racial symbols, I would think falls into a topic all it's own, and not individual harassment.

As far as Whispers, others have said the quickest and easiest way is to just add the player to your "ignore list"

he go on with different characters to keep harassing

I suppose you could ignore those too.

Me, I never ignore anyone, and in the past, and even till this day, get an occasional attempts of harassment.

They all fail sadly.

It's entertainment for me.  🤣

My obnoxious behavior in game may be a factor.

I had one guy who initially whispered some smack talk "you f***en noob, you suck, uninstall the game now"

Well,I won't get into the entertaining part of the back and forth, but let me just say that after 30min,

he was like "DUDE, stop f***en msg'ing me".   lol

Never heard from this guy again.   /sniff/

As far as in game actions , car ramming during a mission, and less of a headache, out of a mission;

1) Record video to submit a support ticket.

2) Take a break from the game for 10min (AFK, DND)
3) Go to a different district

3) Create a mini game out of it and let him chase you around the map and honk at him when he crashes...   haha

Anyways, good luck to you OP, you are not alone, and yes, there is hope.

EDIT:

Haha, I had to add, one guy had whispered me one time, that he was planning on having carnal relations with my Mother,

(he used a few colorful metaphors in his whisper)

I told him that his interest was a bit odd, as my Mother had passed and was cremated,

but if you're still up for the challenge, God Speed.

Anyways, you get the idea.

Edited by Westford
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Clandestine said:

If they will start to perma ban people for rage whispers then this game will have /100 pop at peak.

I agree so warnings, deletion of offensive material by GMs, stopping access to game for 1hour plus would be a good place to start. Perma ban is a bit extreme there Clande lol

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Westford said:

As far as in game actions , car ramming during a mission, and less of a headache, out of a mission;

1) Record video to submit a support ticket.

2) Take a break from the game for 10min (AFK, DND)
3) Go to a different district

3) Create a mini game out of it and let him chase you around the map and honk at him when he crashes...   haha

1) Tried it, didn't work.

2) I've decided to go that way, but change the "10min" to "few months". I guess he won.

3) Not enough people on other districts.

3) He was helping his friends to win a mission, I think we fall to his "mini game" and not the other way around.

I saw a TGM say in district chat that hackusations are a form of harrasment and can result in a ban as they're against the ToS. I know a lot of people who have whispered me who have broken the ToS.

i know harassment is not a nice thing, but really? "salty whispers" from some kid saying that you suck because you beat them, are people really that delicate these days that a bit of childish behaviour gets to them this much? 

i mean logically think about it, YOU suck because THEY lost? what does that make them? ...

if its physical abuse, what do you think they are getting out of it, if you don't react to their behaviour or you just move onto something else then you take away their fun, they want you to rage about it, just take a breath, mentally tell them to get stuffed and play on, elsewhere, or not at all.

really is a waste of time getting hung up on these issues, especially in an online game, it's not like the person knows where you live or meets you in real life where you can no escape, even then, you call the police or contact the appropriate adults (if you are still a kid) 

report them, take screen shots, if its against ToS they will be banned, move on with your life and become a stronger person and remember they are the only losers in this scenario.

16 hours ago, February said:

I would say first offense maybe a week then, a perm ban if they did it again. And I doubt it seems to be a lot of it going on now days

how do you get those pictures in your signature of ur characters.

just reply 'mad' and ignore them,believe me they will actually turn so mad after that lol.

anyway well its a a good thing LO takes harassment seriously but a bad thing that YOU op are taking harassment seriously.Like seriously,insults on the internet or worse in a online game from people that you dont know should be the last thing  you should care about. Its 2018, internet is so fking widespread and trolls and troll wannabes lurk on every corner. Just treat them like a amusement like jokers 😜

ps- Hit me up if you wanna know some good insults to reply with, i got tons of creative ones 🙂

Edited by foscor77

16 hours ago, Tosei said:

lol, no, they don't.

I've a ticket for nearly 2 months already.

Let me guess. .. "It got lost in our system" ™