Ashn

Thoughts about locking the option to change shoot key

Something else to address i can say i have done this to test and it is actually overpowered. Using the mouse scroll wheel to shoot with a obeya or joker combine or any other semi rifles you can actually shoot twice as fast just by scrolling your mouse wheel, me personally thing LO need to fix this and lock the option to change key for fire rate. I have beaten many people just my spamming scroll wheel up and scroll wheel down to shoot semi rifles. It's broken.. try it out and see for yourself.

Note: I do not use this anymore, i just tested it and used it for one game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8t3FPazPxZA

I tried it and honestly it's not very effective I can fire just as quick by clicking if not actually quicker, it makes my fingers get tired very fast and the fact you have to rebind it to LMB again if you bring out an auto is a turn off. 

What if my LMB button suddenly becomes dysfunctional and I have no spare mouse at the moment to replace my old one? :l

I'd be all for this but in my experience it's not as viable as you proclaim. 

Edited by K3ith

6 minutes ago, K3ith said:

I tried it and honestly it's not very effective I can fire just as quick by clicking if not actually quicker, it makes my fingers get tired very fast and the fact you have to rebind it to LMB again if you bring out an auto is a turn off. 

What if my LMB button suddenly becomes dysfunctional and I have no spare mouse at the moment to replace my old one? :l

Its very effective in my opinion but yeah you are right about what happens if your mouse broken but either way think it needs to be fixed cause its actually aids every game i get into its always them people using semi rifles either using macros and scroll wheel.. i ain't bothered about vs them people but it gets quite annoying 

This can easily be bypassed with most gaming mice. They all come with some sort of software macro to change the button functions. Some mice even save the bindings on their onboard memory.

Besides, those players you claim using a macro will still be better players, and you'll find some other excuse for them.

semi automatic weapons (like every single other weapon) have a minimum ttk

semi automatic weapons are balanced around that minimum ttk

scroll wheeling does not and cannot bypass that minimum ttk

scroll wheeling does not unbalance the game

• Like 1

I've tried this myself before and I can say that if you even have half decent timing with the LMB, then using the mouse wheel is more of a hindrance than an advantage.  This has been brought up many, many times over the years and usually the end result is that it doesn't need changed because it isn't a real advantage.  If your fire rate is twice as fast when scrolling then I don't think you have the timing down properly for those guns when clicking.  You can easily get max fire rate with clicking.

Scroll wheel shooting gives no advantage. In a lot of ways it is actually a disadvantage.

• Like 1

nobody half decent with any marksman gun uses the scroll wheel.

what you and 90% of everyone who isn't a top end gold seems to fail to understand is that marksman weapons are about consistency, not clicking as fast as possible.

on top of this, they also have a minimum TTK, scroll wheeling does not make it exceed that minimum TTK.

Edited by Virgil

actually you can shoot 10 times faster with the scrollwheel, your fact is wrong.

also, i use my foot to shoot normally.

4 hours ago, neophobia said:

actually you can shoot 10 times faster with the scrollwheel, your fact is wrong.

also, i use my foot to shoot normally.

People don't play with their tongues on a trackpad? Wow, I must've been doing it wrong...

According to all if the forum trolls you can shoot the FBW just as fast. 

I don't buy it, but they shoot it waay faster than what it is supposed to be. 

32 minutes ago, Havana said:

but they shoot it waay faster than what it is supposed to be. 

no one can shoot a gun faster than it’s programmed rof

This thread has come up before.

Many have tested it and it does not work.

People who want to say its a cheater when in reality they just did not play as good  are the ones started saying this again on that thread.

No idea where that thread is at the moment since its buried again . but its somewhere on the new forums.

I don't mind what people use, it helps to change keys like say you have missing fingers or nerve damage.