Baru

Let's talk about some fixes everyone knows ought to be done...

On 11/13/2018 at 5:49 AM, Baru said:

I never post on the Forums since I usually don't care enough to waste my time typing, but some things are so apparent, and have been for so many years, that I don't understand why they're even still there.

Disclaimer: people are reluctant to change, so barely any change will be ever applauded before it's actually made, but we know some of this things need to be done: 

1. the N-tec, since i started playing back in 2012, I remember this gun to be on the top. Always. The csg has had many changes over the years which finally brought it to a good condition. The carabine had its damage per shot reduced bringing it from 6 shots-to-kill to 5. The only weapon which is still (over)used is the ntec. Sure it had its changes (some years ago the meta was HB2, now is IR3), but anyone who had faced a mildly skilled opponent who had an ntec with IR3 knows that there is simply no other gun to match ntec's capabilities: 0m spray, 70m tap (it takes literally 5 minutes of gameplay to learn how to properly tapfire the ntec). 

2. the OCA is simply superior to all other smgs, with the PMG on a close 2nd spot and all others far behind

3. besides the holy trinity (FBW, AP.45 and the Joker-RFP) the other secondaries are kinda worthless. An example: the yukon, which passed from being simply OP to barely being able to kill in a mag (the Nunavut is almost on point tho), this could be fixed simply by adjusting the hipfire accuracy, which is silly atm

4. Anubis? what happened to that gun? It was perfect as it was before

5. Silenced weapons: the silencer mod makes no sense, it gives 0 advantages (actually it takes away 1 shot from the mag, and some damage) for the price of a possible CJ3 or IR3. I think the suppressed weapons could find a real use in this game if the silencer had the bonus ability of (for example) not showing in any radar above 40m - and not only the first shots like the Condor. This would make up for the price of a CJ3 or a IR3. Then if 40m makes the suppressed guns overused, adjust it to 50m, or 60m. Until we find the sweet spot.

6. LMGs: I know, a good SHAW or Euryale are devastating, but those guns simply aren't used. Anyone could go on Social rn and check player's roles, you'll find out that the lowest role is *always* Machine Gunner, and even by a fair share. Maybe that has a lot to do with the fact that a shaw gameplay is slow: you have always to switch and crouch and stand still, being thus vulnerable to everything - an obir gameplay on the other hand is fast and reactive: you can jump shoot run switch crouch and all of that. My suggestion? Make LMGs usable from a standing position, to see if this at least shakes a little bit that role.

You get the point I'm trying to make. All that's needed is a little bit of experience in this game and a tab opened on the Armas Marketplace: you'll see so many weapons in there that will barely be used, and there's a reason for that. They're not competitive, they're simply outclassed in every way, shape or form (tell me honestly the last time you've seen someone with the N-SSW or the Norseman)  

Finally: I don't care about this game as much as used to, because I see that changes - even when desperately needed - hardly are made (like the Yukon, which remained broken for so long. Or the IR3 downsides, which were actually intelligent and on spot, but were reversed). So if you disagree constructively on my points okay, but saying that any of them isn't even an issue is to me like being willingly blindfolded: lying knowing it's a lie. 

Said that, I wish this game the best of luck, and to all of you a good day.

Regards, Baru

1. People use the n-tec because it feels good... because using it is fun.

IMO we need more guns like the ntec, not less.

That is, lets make apb MORE fun, not LESS.

2. The fact that you don't even mention the Manic, which is the ACTUAL best smg in the game says it all I think.

3. "An example: the Yukon, which passed from being simply OP to barely being able to kill in a mag"

Damage output wasn't changed on the Yukon. It still deals the same damage per bullet and per mag. Only now, it fires at the same rate as the Nunavut and Northwest.

4. Anubis crosshair now closes more quickly. This is a bad thing?

5. Silencers already give the added benefit of stealth, and this benefit will only increase with 3.5 and the return of tracers. As for what else silencers do, well that depends on the silencer...

KutP10w.png

g3T5N1g.png

hOgk2uJ.png

I8Stgwh.png

UHKdPVM.png

6. LMGs are in no way underpowered or bad. They even offer different playstyles based on LMG chosen. The reason people tend to stay away from this class is because they require more skill to use. Because they are less forgiving of mistakes.

Need to smoke some vehicles? Nothing as satisfying as an ALIG.

Have lightning reflexes and excellent tracking? SHAW / Euryale / Stheno is the way to go.  (mind you the SHAW has a ttk of just .56 seconds and a damage dropoff of 70m, if thats not insane I dunno what is).

Now for the most important SMG, the N-SSW. Not only is this gun an absolute beast, but it plays very much like an N-Tec. If you dont enjoy the general run with secondary, switch, crouch, and fire style gameplay of other LMGs then this is the gun for you. Hell if you REALLY wanna rack up kills, slap HB2 on that sum-fuzzy bunny and you can full auto up to like 50m. Its literally in fucking sane.

10 hours ago, Triicia/Shhift said:

I really fail to see how the ntec is way more versetile than any other Gun in the game tbh. There are loads of other Guns that can be used in all or close to all ranges like Scout, HVR, Obir, Obeya, Carbine, Oscar, PMG, RFP, Dogear, NSSW, Cobra and I probably missed a bunch more.

All the guns you've mentioned excel in some range niche, and using them outside of their niche makes it more risky to use and be fully competitive in for most players. The NTEC doesn't have that problem. Spraying an NTEC in CQC isn't really risky, meanwhile it maintains accuracy to be fully competitive down range aswell.

Edited by Haganu

On 11/13/2018 at 6:49 AM, Baru said:

I never post on the Forums since I usually don't care enough to waste my time typing, but some things are so apparent, and have been for so many years, that I don't understand why they're even still there.

Disclaimer: people are reluctant to change, so barely any change will be ever applauded before it's actually made, but we know some of this things need to be done:

Please don't act like any of these things your saying are original or revolutionary.

1. the N-tec. . .

The N-TEC isn't really OP, it's just the 4x4 of guns: easy to use and versatile. Sure, it could use a slight nerf, but honestly every other AR except maybe the LCR and ISSR-a can compete with it fine.

2. the OCA is simply superior to all other smgs, with the PMG on a close 2nd spot and all others far behind

The OCA is not the best SMG TBH, but it does need to be reverted, yes.

3. besides the holy trinity (FBW, AP.45 and the Joker-RFP) the other secondaries are kinda worthless. An example: the yukon, which passed from being simply OP to barely being able to kill in a mag (the Nunavut is almost on point tho), this could be fixed simply by adjusting the hipfire accuracy, which is silly atm

Totally incorrect. The ACT 44, RSA, UL-3, Flaregun, SAS-PDW, and Nano as well as their variants are all good at the very least.

Also, I think it's funny that you're saying the Yukon can now barely get a kill in a single mag when the change it got was a RoF nerf, which could never have that effect. (Though it wasn't a nerf, as it was never intended to be the way it was.)

I'll totally agree on this point, the Anubis needs to be fully reverted to pre RP balance patch, with the exception of its range.

5. Silenced weapons: the silencer mod makes no sense, it gives 0 advantages. . .

As other people have said I believe, silencers shouldn't be touched balance-wise until tracers are fixed, and thus they have a purpose again. Then we can look at balancing them.

6. LMGs: I know, a good SHAW or Euryale are devastating, but those guns simply aren't used. Anyone could go on Social rn and check player's roles, you'll find out that the lowest role is *always* Machine Gunner, and even by a fair share. Maybe that has a lot to do with the fact that a shaw gameplay is slow: you have always to switch and crouch and stand still, being thus vulnerable to everything - an obir gameplay on the other hand is fast and reactive: you can jump shoot run switch crouch and all of that. My suggestion? Make LMGs usable from a standing position, to see if this at least shakes a little bit that role.

Honestly. . . every LMG in the game is great, just people don't use them because APB is a very fast paced game so purposefully slowing yourself down is a hard pill to swallow. If you make the sacrifice though they're extremely rewarding though. . .

. . . unless you're using the S1-TIC Rabid, then there's no sacrifice, it's just the really funky silly person child of the AR and LMG class, amazing gun though.

And for the love of all that's good, please don't take this suggestion in particular LO, having to crouch is a huge part of what makes LMGs fun. I love having to find a location to sit and commit to it.

You get the point I'm trying to make. All that's needed is a little bit of experience in this game and a tab opened on the Armas Marketplace: you'll see so many weapons in there that will barely be used, and there's a reason for that. They're not competitive, they're simply outclassed in every way, shape or form (tell me honestly the last time you've seen someone with the N-SSW or the Norseman) 

The N-SSW is one of the best guns in the game TBH, (albeit sometimes hard to use,) and plenty of under-used ARMAS guns are amazing, E.G. the ISSR-B, which I consider to be the single best gun in the game, or the S1-NA Manic, which I believe is objectively the best SMG in APB.

Play around with the ARMAS exclusives more and you might be surprised what you find, albeit your wallet might be a bit more empty.

3 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

1. People use the n-tec because it feels good... because using it is fun.

IMO we need more guns like the ntec, not less.

That is, lets make apb MORE fun, not LESS.

The same way people used the yukon and the troublemaker, because they felt good and were fun. I don't have a problem with the ntec, but with a I-can-do-all-better-than-you gun, which shifts the balance. If this was 2015 I would say this things about the Troublemaker, which clearly had its period of "wtf"

4 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

2. The fact that you don't even mention the Manic, which is the ACTUAL best smg in the game says it all I think.

Actually i've played maybe only a couple of times against the Manic, and don't own one, so can't / won't say anything about that. Might be better than the oca in cqc (doubt tho, as far as I remember it has a much better accuracy and range, but isn't as a beast in cqc as the oca, but might be wrong as I said).

3. "An example: the Yukon, which passed from being simply OP to barely being able to kill in a mag"

Damage output wasn't changed on the Yukon. It still deals the same damage per bullet and per mag. Only now, it fires at the same rate as the Nunavut and Northwest.

You don't need to change the damage to nerf a weapon. Changing its rate of fire changed its ttk, which resulted in a technical nerf (even though it was a fix). I'm not saying it should go to the previous broken RoF, just that the hipfire accuracy isn't on point (as always, in my opinion).

5. Silencers already give the added benefit of stealth, and this benefit will only increase with 3.5 and the return of tracers. As for what else silencers do, well that depends on the silencer...

Okay...let's talk not "in theory..." but "in practice". In theory silencers "give the added benefit of stealth" but in practice I've never had the doubt of where my enemy was if he was using a silencer, because this game hasn't that feature. There are plenty of other shooter games where silencer do actually give you an added benefit. So in theory the silencer works, in practice the scout of preference is never the silenced one, the silenced ntec has never seen the light of day, and I could go on. The only silenced weapon used of which there is a non-silenced alternative the Whisper, which is a slightly more accurate oca (see point 2).

6. LMGs are in no way underpowered or bad. They even offer different playstyles based on LMG chosen. The reason people tend to stay away from this class is because they require more skill to use. Because they are less forgiving of mistakes.

Totally agree

2 hours ago, Weeb TheEpicGuyV2 said:

Anubis is love, anubis is lyfe

True

1 hour ago, Kewlin said:

Please don't act like any of these things your saying are original or revolutionary.

That's you who imply that.

1 hour ago, Kewlin said:

The N-TEC isn't really OP, it's just the 4x4 of guns: easy to use and versatile. Sure, it could use a slight nerf, but honestly every other AR except maybe the LCR and ISSR-a can compete with it fine.

Is just more capable than other weapons, that's all. Other weapons aren't as capable on so many things.

1 hour ago, Kewlin said:

Totally incorrect. The ACT 44, RSA, UL-3, Flaregun, SAS-PDW, and Nano as well as their variants are all good at the very least

I've seen people take down entire enemy teams with the holy trinity, regardless of their primary. The weapons you mentioned are on a different tier, even though I agree that they're not "worthless" as I said (my poor choice of word), they definitively are not comparable to the holy trinity, except in their very narrow field (cqc for sas-pdw, very long range for act and rsa,...).

1 hour ago, Kewlin said:

I'll totally agree on this point, the Anubis needs to be fully reverted to pre RP balance patch, with the exception of its range.

^

1 hour ago, Kewlin said:

As other people have said I believe, silencers shouldn't be touched balance-wise until tracers are fixed, and thus they have a purpose again. Then we can look at balancing them.

Right. Mine was just a suggestion (as any of the points I made).

1 hour ago, Kewlin said:

Honestly. . . every LMG in the game is great, just people don't use them because APB is a very fast paced game so purposefully slowing yourself down is a hard pill to swallow. If you make the sacrifice though they're extremely rewarding though. . .

That is what I was saying. They're great but criminally underused. So I suggested a reason of why that might be, with a solution.

1 hour ago, Kewlin said:

The N-SSW is one of the best guns in the game TBH, (albeit sometimes hard to use,) and plenty of under-used ARMAS guns are amazing, E.G. the ISSR-B, which I consider to be the single best gun in the game

Totally agree. I don't see a strong correlation between usage of Armas guns and their power. But I do see that correlation between weapons you can buy from the contacts and their power (for obvious reasons). Even though I think there is a certain yardstick after which even Armas weapons can become overused simply because they outclass other guns (see csg some years ago, or Troublemaker, ...)

1 hour ago, Akito said:

r u dumb kid?

ur mom gei

1 hour ago, Kewlin said:

On a more serious note though: that was something I felt the need to write because of the sheer unexperience I have on the forums. Never claimed I was going to speak the ultimate truth, but I am amazed at how slowly things change in this game, even things that are so clear (there are so many bugs that any experienced player can name that have been going on since maybe OBT). I just took my feeling of "fuck this game and all its flaws, I'mma play some Dragon's Dogma" to "it's worth to give the forum at least a try".

The point I'm trying to make with my list isn't "this is the things we need to do right now" but rather "this is what I think we should change", waiting for the beedback loop to bring my suggestions closer to that which should actually be done (my suggestions obviously are biased because of my experience: for example I try to abstain from using hvr/ntec/oca and when you face a team of only those weapons you can definitively feel their power, or when people using tier 2 and below weapons switch to ntec and their skills suddenly quadruple, taking everyone down. Apart from the 'git gud'((annoying)) guys, I think everybody can relate).

3 hours ago, Baru said:

That's you who imply that.

Sorry about that my dude. You seem alright.

3 hours ago, Baru said:

Is just more capable than other weapons, that's all. Other weapons aren't as capable on so many things.

I'd really only say the N-TEC is actually good at mid ranges IMO, it just so happens it can kinda' pass in close quarters. If I wanted an AR that does a little bit of everything from CQC to mid range I'd use the COBR-A personally. Also, obviously all ARs are almost useless past mid range, but that's a given.

That said, I honestly feel like more than ever nobody is using anything beside the N-TEC. I have no clue why when there's so many weapons that are as good or better, (E.G. the CR762,) but it's starting to get old, and I wouldn't hate a nerf. Personally I'd like to see making its weaknesses worse instead of nerfing its strengths, something like increasing bloom in full-auto so its worse in CQC.

3 hours ago, Baru said:

That is what I was saying. They're great but criminally underused. So I suggested a reason of why that might be, with a solution.

Yeah, I just think buffing guns that are already viable because they're under-used is rather. . . dangerous.

2 hours ago, Baru said:

On a more serious note though: that was something I felt the need to write because of the sheer unexperience I have on the forums. Never claimed I was going to speak the ultimate truth, but I am amazed at how slowly things change in this game, even things that are so clear (there are so many bugs that any experienced player can name that have been going on since maybe OBT). I just took my feeling of "fuck this game and all its flaws, I'mma play some Dragon's Dogma" to "it's worth to give the forum at least a try".

The point I'm trying to make with my list isn't "this is the things we need to do right now" but rather "this is what I think we should change", waiting for the beedback loop to bring my suggestions closer to that which should actually be done (my suggestions obviously are biased because of my experience: for example I try to abstain from using hvr/ntec/oca and when you face a team of only those weapons you can definitively feel their power, or when people using tier 2 and below weapons switch to ntec and their skills suddenly quadruple, taking everyone down. Apart from the 'git gud'((annoying)) guys, I think everybody can relate).

Yeah, I feel you man, sorry for the dumb comment, it was uncalled for.

Just write what you feel and double check to make sure it fits with reality before you post it, and you should do fine here. Who knows if it'll help, but hopefully talking will get LO to get the issues with the game better. If you want a suggestion for a "not-N-TEC" that's really fun and actually good, I highly suggest the S1-NA Rabid, it's definitely one of my favorite guns in the game ATM.

On the subject of issues though. . . I think my favorite new one is that enemy dots on the map are now a missing character symbol instead of red circles. . .

On 11/13/2018 at 12:06 PM, BXNNXD said:

(old yukon, norseman series) 

Wait, what's broken about the norseman? I have a harder time using those SMGs than I do an OCA. It's like I almost need to get the drop in order to kill. Otherwise I get out DPSed by OCAs or other.

Just now, Trivirium said:

Wait, what's broken about the norseman? I have a harder time using those SMGs than I do an OCA. It's like I almost need to get the drop in order to kill. Otherwise I get out DPSed by OCAs or other.

it was an example of a gun that is difficult to use because its bad, as opposed to LMGs that are difficult to use but are not bad

revert to late 2011 weapon balance

every gun was properly balanced, and all were competitive ttkwise except the PMG and the DMR at that point in time, ignoring secondaries.

Edited by Virgil

On 11/13/2018 at 3:49 AM, Baru said:

~ stuff  about gun balancing ~

After what we just went through I don't even want to consider gun balancing until after the engine upgrades are done.

1 so that the engine can fix many things we can not fix with the current engine

and 2 that Little Orbit will get more experience on this matter so that we don't have a major struggle again like what recently occurred.

I don't want to put pressure on them to rush this again.

Also 2011 was not a good time for guns. many bugs were fixed between then and now. no thank you we don't need that again either.

That other thread covered this.

9 hours ago, Baru said:

ur mom gei

Dam... I felt dat >:)

4 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

After what we just went through I don't even want to consider gun balancing until after the engine upgrades are done.

1 so that the engine can fix many things we can not fix with the current engine

and 2 that Little Orbit will get more experience on this matter so that we don't have a major struggle again like what recently occurred.

I don't want to put pressure on them to rush this again.

Also 2011 was not a good time for guns. many bugs were fixed between then and now. no thank you we don't need that again either.

That other thread covered this.

Bruh, why do you keep hyping 3.5 as some sort of cure all?

If anything you should be playing that shit down, people are already going to be disappointed as it is.

Edited by CookiePuss

7 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Bruh, why do you keep hyping 3.5 as some sort of cure all?

If anything you should be playing that shit down, people are already going to be disappointed as it is.

Never once said it was a cure all.

I did say in a different thread how its a step in the right direction so they can start fixing things that cant be fixed otherwise.

The real question would be why you  keep trying to be a downer over good things happening..... 😛

48 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

Never once said it was a cure all.

I did say in a different thread how its a step in the right direction so they can start fixing things that cant be fixed otherwise.

The real question would be why you  keep trying to be a downer over good things happening..... 😛

Im just trying to do some damage control against the wave of "wtf is this shit?" comments that are going to flood the forums once 3.5 hits, pop gets boosted for a month, people realize its the same pig with fresh lipstick, pop tanks, and white knighters have to find another excuse to use than "old spaghetti code" for why nothing works as it should.

I could probably be a little less heavy handed in my choosing of words, but no one has seemed to have heard Matt's caution of not expecting much with 3.5, certainly at least not for a while.

On 11/13/2018 at 9:49 AM, Baru said:

1. the N-tec, since i started playing back in 2012, I remember this gun to be on the top. Always. The csg has had many changes over the years which finally brought it to a good condition. The carabine had its damage per shot reduced bringing it from 6 shots-to-kill to 5. The only weapon which is still (over)used is the ntec. Sure it had its changes (some years ago the meta was HB2, now is IR3), but anyone who had faced a mildly skilled opponent who had an ntec with IR3 knows that there is simply no other gun to match ntec's capabilities: 0m spray, 70m tap (it takes literally 5 minutes of gameplay to learn how to properly tapfire the ntec). 

5. Silenced weapons: the silencer mod makes no sense, it gives 0 advantages (actually it takes away 1 shot from the mag, and some damage) for the price of a possible CJ3 or IR3. I think the suppressed weapons could find a real use in this game if the silencer had the bonus ability of (for example) not showing in any radar above 40m - and not only the first shots like the Condor. This would make up for the price of a CJ3 or a IR3. Then if 40m makes the suppressed guns overused, adjust it to 50m, or 60m. Until we find the sweet spot.

1- NTEC-5 is a player friendly weapon and has lots of reskins based on it, it's literally like playing the AK in CSGO

2- ACES and PMG and easily beat OCA if you know how to use them

3-RSA,Commander and ACT 44 are pretty useful depending on the loadout you're using

4- R.I.P

5- Who likes silencers anyway? i like to hear GUN SHOTS not silly whispers

6- LMGs takes skill and patience to use, i got 2 characters with  Machine Gunner 16

And for ARMAS, people buy weapons that they see enemies killing them with, most don't try new stuff cuz logic

1 minute ago, MrM0dZ said:

2- ACES and PMG and easily beat OCA if you know how to use them

If you know how to use the Aces or the PMG you can beat an unexperienced OCA, but if both players know what they're doing I don't see that coming. And there are some simple factors of that gun like the RoF, damage per shot, accuracy, ..., that make this true

4 minutes ago, MrM0dZ said:

1- NTEC-5 is a player friendly weapon and has lots of reskins based on it, it's literally like playing the AK in CSGO

Yes, it is player friendly and has a lot of reskins, which doesn't adress the power of that

9 hours ago, AxeTurboAgresor said:

Still cant think of a single f2p middle ranged weapon u mentioned there.

Star, Shaw, Alig, Carabine(short to middle), Obeya(middle to long)...

Of this, only the Star is an assault rifle, and it has a match strictly until its range, after that the ntec wins always.

10 hours ago, Akito said:

Dam... I felt dat >:)

giphy.gif

17 hours ago, Kewlin said:

Yeah, I just think buffing guns that are already viable because they're under-used is rather. . . dangerous.

Considering how much it takes for anyone in charge of this game to make any change...yes you're right. Imagine doing a buff in mobility because uses LMGs, then they become so overused that ruin the game and the fun of the people involved, who have to wait until the company who owns the game wakes up and adjusts the stats again (that has happened for so many weapons goddamn, why don't they do something like a single instance of financial with monthly nerfs and buffs so to find the sweet spot of every weapon. Or if not that there would be for sure an alternative solution involving constant housekeeping)

I highly suggest the S1-NA Rabid, it's definitely one of my favorite guns in the game ATM.

$$$$

hopefully they will detach those weapons from the clothing / car packs they're trapped into, since I don't need any of that

Sorry about that my dude. You seem alright.

*insert Bono's band name in here*

26 minutes ago, Baru said:

Star, Shaw, Alig, Carabine(short to middle), Obeya(middle to long)...

Carabine(short to middle), Obeya(middle to long)...

Exactly. AND N-TEC is middle. It means it can still kill in short, and long, but its not as effective as obeya rifle. And its not as effective as JG or OCA in short, and its not as mobile as Carbine and Oscar.

In yo logic HVR is short, cuz it is able to kill in close range.

35 minutes ago, Baru said:

Star

Dont push me to repeat myself on this.

37 minutes ago, Baru said:

Shaw, Alig

Dont push me to repeat myself. LMGs of SHAW type are bad in what its supposed to do.