Chamberlain

Premium and District Queuing

In order to make premium more marketable to the user base, LO/G1 should make priority queuing for premium users. Assuming district queuing will be released in the future, implementing a feature that makes accounts with premium status priority in the queue will attract players to buy premium subscriptions which in return funds the game's development. Successful cases of this plan can be seen in games like Battlefield, where accounts with premium are given priority in server queuing.

This is just a thought :classic_tongue:

Let's have a queuing system implemented in the first place, haha. It's definitely one of my top most wanted features, though

But... why?

What if 10 premium users were in queue, and 1 non-premium user was in queue as well. That one dude is gonna be in that queue for ages, and he'll probably just give up and logout. Also, if everyone buys premium, which is very unlikely, this feature is basically void.

I don't think this could work with the current population of the game as well as the sizes of the servers, but I might be wrong, this could work flawlessly and be a good feature, but I personally wouldn't want it.

9 hours ago, Chamberlain said:

In order to make premium more marketable to the user base, LO/G1 should make priority queuing for premium users. Assuming district queuing will be released in the future, implementing a feature that makes accounts with premium status priority in the queue will attract players to buy premium subscriptions which in return funds the game's development. Successful cases of this plan can be seen in games like Battlefield, where accounts with premium are given priority in server queuing.

This is just a thought :classic_tongue:

This is a good idea to make some money for the company, but it's really bad one for the players. 

If this will come true (which I doubt), this gonna make APB more like EA (EA policy, give me money and you take sh*t). Players will leave this, which don't have prem or money to buy it. 

Don't get me wrong, I do have Premium (3k+ days left) and I don't care about waiting a bit or not. I'm just fooling around when I'm waiting. 

14 hours ago, freq said:

Let's have a queuing system implemented in the first place, haha. It's definitely one of my top most wanted features, though

this, so far it took a while bot not too logn to enter districts.

But my fear with the queue is that if there is a financial 40/40 there will eb 80 people in the line to stuff themselves in there instead going to an empty district and populate it.

So maybe queueing should only happen if you ae grouped up with someoen in that district to make the group be able to gather.

On the other hand if district crossing matchmaking would become true, all those would be irrelevant.

Or you could just actually contribute and join a new district, and nobody would need district queueing!

Seriously though, instead of district queuing, LO's focus should be on cross-instance matchmaking.

Queuing in general is a long-needed feature. Offering premium benefits to it is whatever, just put in the game in any form.

• Like 1