Gamma64c

Fresh install of APB Reloade still resutls in unusuable game

Im on windows 10, apb gave me this issue, sometimes you need to launch apb without the starter launcher, this happened awhile back during the epidemic event, could possibly try going into apb reloaded directory then into binaries and launching the apbprogram above APB SE? Try that, it worked once, should work again, if not uninstall apb, go into regedit, hkey local software and delete all the registry keys for apb, then restart computer and try to reinstall. Attempt again and attempt my method. If not support is your next stop

Edited by Datpaper420
  • Like 1

I have already started the game directly with the same errors

1 hour ago, Datpaper420 said:

if not uninstall apb, go into regedit, hkey local software and delete all the registry keys for apb, then restart computer and try to reinstall. Attempt again and attempt my method. 

I have not tried to remove all the reg.keys Thank you for pointing me to that option. I shall do it later

No problem, hope it works as i did do the upgrade from win7 to 10 on my old rig and it gave me errors, im thinking that the registry keys were designed for windows 7 instead of 10 but when ya upgrade to 10 the same win7 registry entries are the same as 7 and not 10. Hope it works for you.

• Like 1

I know it will sound silly and like typical troubleshooting question... but did you clean up registry?

I mean if there's one thing which don't change by using APB uninstaller it's registry files.

Clean up every Gamersfirst folder after uninstall (as well as cleaning every remaining folder which uninstaller didn't took out - possible one is in %appdata directory too) and only then it will be real fresh installation.

Edited by Mitne

5 hours ago, Mitne said:

I know it will sound silly and like typical troubleshooting question... but did you clean up registry?

I had not done that.

5 hours ago, Mitne said:

I mean if there's one thing which don't change by using APB uninstaller it's registry files.

5 hours ago, Mitne said:

Clean up every Gamersfirst folder after uninstall (as well as cleaning every remaining folder which uninstaller didn't took out - possible one is in %appdata directory too) and only then it will be real fresh installation.

I will also heed your advice and use virtual bleach on the APB reg-strucure after the standard uninstall.

I have a tool for that, which automates that task

11 hours ago, Datpaper420 said:

...as i did do the upgrade from win7 to 10 on my old rig and it gave me errors, im thinking that the registry keys were designed for windows 7 instead of 10

That could be the culprit

11 hours ago, Datpaper420 said:

but when ya upgrade to 10 the same win7 registry entries are the same as 7 and not 10. Hope it works for you.

I will post the results when I've executed the task

Where is the %appdata% folder from APB?

I had left the game in the unplayable state, because Im busy running other games and simulators here

Update:

Not even the launcher is working now. It starts, there is disk activity but the progress bar of the launcher stays at zero. We are now at 3 mins with that after a 2nd trail.

No working patcher means no game => back to my other games which behave normally win win8.1 pro

I'll update this post if the launcher behaved normally after a while

Edited by Gamma64c

I got in the game!!! So the patch worked for me. Now I need to find how 2 make greenshot take my game screenshots again, because in win 8.1 they are black

Am I correct in understanding that most of the issues mentioned are now fixed?

Try running greenshot as admin, it might resolve it (no promises though)

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Kevkof said:

Am I correct in understanding that most of the issues mentioned are now fixed?

Yes

Try running greenshot as admin, it might resolve it (no promises though)

It was admin already fails still

Edited by Gamma64c

5 minutes ago, Gamma64c said:

Yes

It was admin already fails still

You could use the screenshot function that's built into the game

Just now, Kevkof said:

You could use the screenshot function that's built into the game

what key is thay one again?

6 minutes ago, Gamma64c said:

what key is thay one again?

Not sure what the default key is , but it's under Controls > Interface

Edited by Kevkof

1 hour ago, Kevkof said:

Not sure what the default key is , but it's under Controls > Interface

i believe the default key is 'pause'

• Thanks 1

On 1/17/2019 at 2:42 AM, BXNNXD said:

i believe the default key is 'pause'

Where are they stored in the documents tree? I made a screenshot of the pre game screen and cant locate the screenshot directory

Update I found the dir in an odd place

%game_dir%\Media\Screenshots

Edited by Gamma64c

Just had a fresh install of win-X a few days ago. Im jumpin in and running the game, hopefully it will go as planned and I'll return with smile emojis 😉

What I still dont get is that the game tries to install an old version of direct-X so old that my Comodo Firewall barfed at it, thinking it was a PUA https://imgur.com/VwOJYLz

Edited by Gamma64c

The only annoyance I have is that I get a 255 hard white screen when I switch back to the game from one of my 4 desktops. I have 2 GPU's but have not configured the 2nd one, because I use the GTX Ti750 purely to stream out. My main GPU for games is the GTX1050

It takes 4 to 5 seconds of hard white so that is so bad I have to turn my head around

Edited by Gamma64c

1 hour ago, Gamma64c said:

The only annoyance I have is that I get a 255 hard white screen when I switch back to the game from one of my 4 desktops. I have 2 GPU's but have not configured the 2nd one, because I use the GTX Ti750 purely to stream out. My main GPU for games is the GTX1050

It takes 4 to 5 seconds of hard white so that is so bad I have to turn my head around

Wouldn't playing in fullscreen windowed solve this?

On 3/7/2019 at 4:47 AM, Kevkof said:

Wouldn't playing in fullscreen windowed solve this?

I cant stream fullscreenwindowed games well