Sign in to follow this  
Aeronaut

what sort of company do you think Little Orbit will be?

gamersfirst started okay, with meh communication but it deteriorated to a stage of nearly non-existent communication.

regarding the engine upgrade, they had us hooked initially stating the the engine upgrade was almost done. then they made a statement where it definitely needed more work. and then we were hooked again when they didn't specifically state that the PC engine upgrade would be finished after console release, but that it would soon regain priority. sprinkled with NDA's and vague announcements that rarely dove into specifics.

anyways, do you think Little Orbit is the type of company that'll be completely upfront and honest about the progress, or will they try to hide the severity of the situation similiar to GamersFirst?

• Like 3

Is that NDA over yet?

I say right now Little Orbit is doing great, they're so bright eyed and keen to please. They're doing due diligence and really wanting to both listen and respond to the community but also run a game that gives them a tidy profit to keep the lights on and employees happy. 

Unfortunately, many will disagree with what I've just said and they disagree a lot louder and a lot more frequently than I can. This hurts Little Orbit and I can see the toxicity of the APB community slowly grind down LO's bright eyed enthusiasm until they either become as closeted as G1 or give APB the cold shoulder and put their energy into their nicer projects. 

• Like 15

Just now, AsgerLund said:

What would happen if G1 re-bought APB?

G1 would do another massive ban wave of everyone they missed before when people were upset at them for milking us rather than actually working on the engine upgrade.

Anyways Little Orbit is doing better than we have had in years. Some people who were bitter from G1 have calmed down and realized Little Orbit is trying their best.

not like anyone is perfect.

All anyone can ask for.

• Like 1

I dunno about profit. APB is a black hole on money (for owners). I am shocked LO is so crazy they jumped into it. Hopefully they know what they re doing.

Anyway, I am glad they did it, cuz they work like a life support for this game.

Edited by AxeTurboAgresor

7 hours ago, Aeronaut said:

gamersfirst started okay, with meh communication but it deteriorated to a stage of nearly non-existent communication.

regarding the engine upgrade, they had us hooked initially stating the the engine upgrade was almost done. then they made a statement where it definitely needed more work. and then we were hooked again when they didn't specifically state that the PC engine upgrade would be finished after console release, but that it would soon regain priority. sprinkled with NDA's and vague announcements that rarely dove into specifics.

anyways, do you think Little Orbit is the type of company that'll be completely upfront and honest about the progress, or will they try to hide the severity of the situation similiar to GamersFirst?

I certainly don't think LO as it is now is completely honest and transparent. They mentioned that 2 major systems needed work, but we have no idea how much work they need, if they ran into obstacles, et cetera. Stating ETAs like old G1 did is a very cheap way to get people hooked and risky when you don't live up to your ETAs.

A more interesting way to keep players hooked to your big project for the game is to describe in detail what's being worked on. What it requires, how complicated the systems are, what impact they will have on the game, et cetera. It's not UE3.5 that I feel like they're failing to be transparent about though. 

IMO they're not doing a good job with ARMAS. We have a new layout even though the content body of the site stayed the same, and some items are debundled. Some items got cheaper, some items got more expensive, no word on account wide availability either. Hell they could've been creative and allow double purchase of an item to turn the item account bound, but it's just same old same old it feels like. Just in a new coat.

Overall they're doing alright, but they're not flawless either.

Edited by Haganu

i think little orbit will be a company that develops video games 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

i think little orbit will be a company that develops video games 

facebook-remove-post-ban-user.png

Edited by KnifuWaifu
you gone too far

1 hour ago, KnifuWaifu said:

facebook-remove-post-ban-user.png

pls am innocent 

10 hours ago, AsgerLund said:

What would happen if G1 re-bought APB?

*shudders*

Little Orbit will be the company that lets you observe Waterfront from space with optional VR-support!

unknown.png

At a lower 'orbital' altitude of course~~

*coughs*

No, seriously, I did not sense any intent of hiding information. In fact, even the CEO himself goes out of his way to check the forums in his free time, encourages discussion, etc...

For those who don't feel that Little Orbiters are transparent, I wonder who you think/know is more straightforward.

• Thanks 1

I start to think that LO is secretly G1 faking a company change to keep players active for a few years more.

G1 was a decaying mess.

LO is a new, inexperienced but active company trying to make the right choices. They do mistakes, they mess up things, but overal they do good.

The problem, though, is that G1 started the same way when it bought the game from Real Worlds.

3 minutes ago, Nessie said:

The problem, though, is that G1 started the same way when it bought the game from Real Worlds.

idk right from the start the ttk change sticks out the most - whether it was good or not is up for debate, but g1 made the change on their own and completely ignored the community at the time, even going as far as to remove forum polls because they showed pretty overwhelmingly negative views on the shorter ttk

while the recent weapon balance pass was nowhere near as fundamentally game changing, orbit did seem pretty open to feedback from the community

• Like 1

G1 is reloaded Reloaded is G1 Little orbit is G1 All ruled over by a Great Big Bushy Beard.

Future is quite bright.

On 11/12/2018 at 9:22 PM, KnifuWaifu said:

Is that NDA over yet?

I don't think a nondisclosure agreement about what's going on in the company could benefit the game right now. 

the problem of balance is not solved . server Jericho is similar to LAGDROM , a new connection (add-ons) do not see . 

Matt outlined my actions as TROLLING.

Edited by Yood

On 11/13/2018 at 11:09 AM, Zolerox said:

All ruled over by a Great Big Bushy Beard.

talk dirty to me

2 minutes ago, Aeronaut said:

talk dirty to me

you smell like fish

On 11/12/2018 at 2:48 PM, Lily Rain said:

Little Orbit will be the company that lets you observe Waterfront from space with optional VR-support!

unknown.png

At a lower 'orbital' altitude of course~~

*coughs*

No, seriously, I did not sense any intent of hiding information. In fact, even the CEO himself goes out of his way to check the forums in his free time, encourages discussion, etc...

For those who don't feel that Little Orbiters are transparent, I wonder who you think/know is more straightforward.

^ This

They've talked to us directly too many times to count and have clearly cared about our feedback.

A current status report on how things are going is the only thing that I really consider important right now since many are already asking about it and if any changes occurred good or bad to the timetables.

• Like 1

A lot of people are dogmatic. They believe in what they say and won't budge. They'll always find something they dislike about a certain thing/person/team just so they aren't forced to change their view (thus shake the foundations of their ego and superiority) and instead, reinforce their belief. It is the same with finding a reason not to do one thing. There's always a million reasons not to do something. You'll always find reasons, you'll always find something dislikeable.

I like Little Orbit, I am pretty sure they are focused on UE3.5 the most, because they know that the engine upgrade is what will distance them from G1.

Having had the chance to chat a few times with Matt, the one thing I can count on is never being fed bullshoot or being kept in the dark. Whatever you think of LO and the changes they have made and will make, I believe they will at the very least be honest and forthcoming about it. 

No idea if APB will be around much longer, but Im pretty confident that Little Orbit will be. 

I mean, LO is doing a pretty good job so far (besides the weapon rebalancing for the most part).

I feel sorry for them. They have no clue how to run an MMO, they bought 2 dead games and there's no way they're even breaking even on them and they're surrounded by smart geniuses from old G1.

I think LO is more competent than G1. I am pretty sure that LO didn't create the Halloween game mode from scratch. Obviously G1 started the game mode, but LO actually completed it and released it (and overall it was pretty good). G1 started working on an in game trade system. They never released it. LO was able to finish it and release it.

These examples give me a little bit of hope that LO will actually release the engine upgrade. G1 has been working on it for years, so it is there but it isn't finished. LO has shown they have the resources to complete many of the incomplete/unreleased projects associated with APB. I do not think LO would have purchased the game unless they truly felt they could complete the incomplete projects that can breath some life back into the game.

Overall, they have shown to be a company that is willing to finish the work and take constructive criticism and listen to their community, unlike G1 which would rather just ban you for disagreeing or speaking out against them. 

Kudos for LO for taking on the challenging task and giving us hope that was once all lost (for me anyway).

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this