Sign in to follow this  
(PS4)BLVCK_NERMAL

Any news on fellow consoles ?

pc has been suffering for years..... and are behind you on consoles.

after pc is fixed a lot of console problems can be solved by it as well from what forum posts suggest

1 hour ago, Fortune Runner said:

after pc is fixed a lot of console problems can be solved by it as well from what forum posts suggest

Console has been in a far worse state than PC since it was launched due to the simple fact that it still averages about 15 fps during missions.

But soon you too can enjoy the even more so unoptimized atrociousness called UE 3.5 with a considerable Frame-drop and slightly more colorful shaders! 😄

The last patch that we had roughly 10 months ago set the default texture quality to 0 making customization pointless. Unless you prayed to RNG-sus every waking moment for that random 0.7% chance of getting normal textures.

OT: No.

Just now, Spooki3 said:

Console has been in a far worse state than PC since it was launched due to the simple fact that it still averages about 15 fps during missions.

But soon you too can enjoy the even more so unoptimized atrociousness called UE 3.5 with a considerable Frame-drop and slightly more colorful shaders! 😄

The last patch that we had roughly 10 months ago set the default texture quality to 0 making customization pointless. Unless you prayed to RNG-sus every waking moment for that random 0.7% chance of getting normal textures.

OT: No.

Impossible. Its only your opinion based o0n nothing that consoles are worse yet other threads suggest otherwise and on top of it  I've seen plenty of console videos they  are better than pc

You already have 3.5 don't you? do you even know how much far behind the pc version is?

Do you even know how consoles were rushed by the previous publisher in partner with g1 ?

Do you really think pc is optimized?

Have you even read all the other threads? pc is not optimized at all.

pc is behind console so how could console be behind pc? have you read the Q&A by MattScott or the other thread for more questions?

those many threads say everything that needs to be said on pc and how its behind and needs to be upgraded asap.

I doubt you checked anything at all.......

1 hour ago, Fortune Runner said:

1 minute ago, Fortune Runner said:

Impossible. Its only your opinion based o0n nothing that consoles are worse yet other threads suggest otherwise and on top of it  I've seen plenty of console videos they  are better than pc

You already have 3.5 don't you? do you even know how much far behind the pc version is?

Do you even know how consoles were rushed by the previous publisher in partner with g1 ?

pc is behind console so how could console be behind pc? have you read the Q&A by MattScott or the other thread for more questions?

those many threads say everything that needs to be said on pc and how its behind and needs to be upgraded asap.

Wow. I'm dumbfounded over how unintelligent this reply is haha. Stating that consoles poor frame rate is an opinion rather than a fact to someone who plays it regularly just proves how deranged you truly are! I've been reading these forums for the past 6 years so I am more aware of what is going on than you may believe.

The videos you've been watching have most likely gone through post-processing with probably some frame enhancement and isn't raw gameplay footage. You actually have to try it in order to have an opinion. If not I could claim something ridiculous such as "running 200 miles is easy cuz I have seen videos of it" without actually having ever done so myself.

We do have 3.5 but it's not nearly as complete as the original engine with A LOT of things such as music studio still missing. Content wise PC has more to offer as well. PC and console are running 2 different races at the moment so HOW can we be ahead?

The issue itself isn't how rushed it Console release was. Rather. It was the neglect following its release. I can still remember Tiggs not having a single clue when we told her the Console version was being released in a few days and had to link her a 3rd-party source.

Anyone who has played this game know its unoptimized. But if you take your time to re-read what I previously said you'd know that I already knew that.

3.5 is and even more unoptimized mess than the current PC one. I can play on similar settings to con

sole on a laptop with 0.7 TFlops and have better performance(30-40ish fps) than a console with 1.8 TFlops (5-25fps, never higher).

Here's a link to what raw gameplay actually is like on console: 

And here's some edited:

My question to you. Do you actually even read these forums? If so I apologize for your poor reading comprehension.

• Like 1

Then why has Little Orbit said the following in the Q&A which you apparently didn't read :

Our next project is "Unification".

We will be completing the upgrade to Unreal 3.5, which will  benefit both the PC players by incorporating a lot of optimizations that the console version received, and also improving the console version by filling out the missing features. This will also include some optimizations to help the game run better, and we will be cleaning up a lot of code.

By the way nice job of not reading what I said

you claiming consoles are worse is your opinion. anyone whos played pc recently can see it desperately needs the engine upgrade to fix many problems that can not be fixed without it.

And like I already said the pc getting upgraded can help fix consoles.

Dont you think you should stop acting like this and just wait for Little orbit to be able to do it properly?

Because all we are seeing is you acting "entitled to have it now " yet programming takes time

Also you said you've been here.....so why the heck are you on console? oh yeah most likely because you feel you're better off or you'd be on pc

That's your call and I have  no problem with that however you demanding absurd things claiming you know when you clearly don't?

sigh go read the threads you claim to of read when its obvious you have not.

4 hours ago, Spooki3 said:

I really feel for the console players cuz yeah, they do have it worse.

• Thanks 1

Lel. Since when have I acted entitled? All I said was that 3.5 isn't going to magically fix everything. I am simply stating facts. I haven't once mentioned that I demand anything right now. You are simply just making things up. The optimizations that 3.5 will bring over from console is mostly memory handling. That is if they simply weren't fixes due to things breaking when swapping engine as things tend to do.(go and read patch notes if this upsets you)

If you read more to date posts you'll learn that there are around 56 GPU/Engine optimizations that were shelved by previous Reloaded developers. These are the actual unimplemented optimizations that will make the game run better. Playable at the very least.

Using two of these forums most common argument crushers such as "you know nothing about programming pleb" and "ermehgerd, stop acting entitled" only works when put into proper context. Using them in a discussion originally about if there was any news or not on console against someone who not even once claimed to want anything other than a status update isn't helping your case.

Why am I on console you ask? Just like there are people who use the COBR-A I also enjoy the feeling of helplessness. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

9 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

I really feel for the console players cuz yeah, they do have it worse.

Cookie, my man!

What took you so long? I've been waiting all day for you to join the discussion haha

5 minutes ago, Spooki3 said:

Lel. Since when have I acted entitled? All I said was that 3.5 isn't going to magically fix everything. I am simply stating facts. I haven't once mentioned that I demand anything right now. You are simply just making things up. The optimizations that 3.5 will bring over from console is mostly memory handling. That is if they simply weren't fixes due to things breaking when swapping engine as things tend to do.(go and read patch notes if this upsets you)

If you read more to date posts you'll learn that there are around 56 GPU/Engine optimizations that were shelved by previous Reloaded developers. These are the actual unimplemented optimizations that will make the game run better. Playable at the very least.

Using two of these forums most common argument crushers such as "you know nothing about programming pleb" and "ermehgerd, stop acting entitled" only works when put into proper context. Using them in a discussion originally about if there was any news or not on console against someone who not even once claimed to want anything other than a status update isn't helping your case.

Why am I on console you ask? Just like there are people who use the COBR-A I also enjoy the feeling of helplessness. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Cookie, my man!

What took you so long? I've been waiting all day for you to join the discussion haha

I "may" have gotten myself into trouble again. This "may" have resulted in me needing to be babysat by some poor forum mod, forced to read any and all of my posts in order for them to be approved. 

... "allegedly".

• Like 1

I've played the Xbox and PS4 versions of APB, and though PS4 is slightly better, the frame rate is poopy doo doo on both versions compared to PC.  Averaging 15 fps is not a good thing when I can average 80+ on PC.  

(About the visuals)  The console version looks more appealing.  More colorful and defined, more contrast vs the blue and grey we have on PC.  But unfortunately the console versions still suffer from the exposure being WAY too high to the point where my yellow car becomes the fucking sun, and on top of that it still uses the ugly vaseline bloom.  Ya' know, the bloom that makes it look like you smeared a nice even layer of vaseline on your monitor/tv.

But hey,  LO is doing what they gotta do in getting them unified first, so that console and PC will be at the same level.  I personally can't wait for the PC upgrade.

• Thanks 1

My earlier comment got silenced .. 😕

You console players deserve nothing else than a shutdown.

• Like 1

en·ti·tle·ment

the belief that one is inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment.

oxford dictionaries

From the start you threw attitude my way from my very first post on this thread.

11 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

Do you realize you have not invalidated any comment I have made on my opinions against your opinions? You've been coming off as hostile from the start angry typing minion lol.

I never once said console did not have a poor frame rate , but you sure did try to put words in my mouth claiming I said things that I did not.

You never once said you wanted a status update however you did feel obligated to jump my direction right away and didn't like that you didn't faze me.

Little Orbit is the first ones who said this first post of mine about what to fix first and why. If they knew of a way to do both at once I'm sure they'd try

They just tried gun balancing just like that - their hearts are in the right place

If you really want an update , you can have the gun balancing pc just went through....... sure you'd love that as much as we did.....sigh

Little Orbit mentioned that thy are aware of the shelved optimizations as are those of us on the forums regularly.

I do not recall any statement suggesting they were a good idea however.

Nice way of trying to expand your argument though but that's not a good way to get me to agree with you. Brute force is a bad idea to try on me.

It shows too much selfishness on your part especially when I quoted how Little Orbit said that after pc is fixed they can fix many of the problems on consoles properly.

Kinda like laying a proper foundation for a house that did not get one the first time by whomever built it.

10 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

Impossible

Let me clear that one up since you did not understand. Pushing an update for consoles can not just be tossed out.

It can not be changed so easily when something goes wrong.

This was also stated a few times by MattScott and how pc needs to be done first since consoles need a solid update or they can not be approved.

To go back to my first post on this thread

11 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

That is the status update Little Orbit gave yet again just a few weeks ago.

At no time does that say I was against him in any way. It does say what I had to spell out for you however.....sigh

Feel free to disagree. everyone is their own person however putting words in my mouth and throwing attitude in the aisle because I don't agree with you wont benefit.

I've been going by what statements Little Orbit has said and I will continue to do so especially since they do not keep us in the dark or flat out lie to us like G1 did in the past.

Doesn't mean there wont be bumps in the road but once again their hearts are in the right place and when it comes to fixing  APB as a whole.

You cant just push an update out. its not how it works.

That's why pc needs to be fixed first. but like I said I doubt you read anything on this at all *shrugs*

51 minutes ago, Halelulia said:

My earlier comment got silenced .. 😕

You console players deserve nothing else than a shutdown.

I disagree.

I like the thought of APB reaching out to broad horizons.

Just as long as its done properly first.

Edited by Fortune Runner

At least PC apb is sometimes playable. 

Console players have been shat on since day one. 

PC nerds just dont realize how good they've got it. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

i can’t believe someone is arguing that consoles are in a better state than pc rn lmao

bro they didn’t even get the new event, not that they could play it as a slideshow anyways

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

i can’t believe someone is arguing that consoles are in a better state than pc rn lmao

bro they didn’t even get the new event, not that they could play it as a slideshow anyways

glad to see I'm not the only one finding this hilarious haha

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

that is what he claims I said but I never typed that.

I did say pc is behind consoles from the 3.5 update which he understood.

17 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

I also stated how  consoles can not be updated the same as pc which was mentioned in the Q&A which he clearly didn't read or he'd know and not be harassing me.

The fact remains pc upgraded will give the proper means to fix consoles and is needed first which is why Little Orbit is doing it that way.

2 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

bro they didn’t even get the new event

Didn't little orbit say something about with  the engine upgrade there wasn't time to do consoles coding and approval for the event as well with bug checking etc?

I can not remember exactly what was said on that.

5 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

All console gets is shat on.

Im honestly surprised anyone plays console APB, let alone spends money on it.

3 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

All console gets is shat on.

Im honestly surprised anyone plays console APB, let alone spends money on it.

console playerbase was doing better than pc for a while, dunno if thats still true

they're already used to mediocrity i guess

Just now, BXNNXD said:

console playerbase was doing better than pc for a while, dunno if thats still true

they're already used to mediocrity i guess

Man... if consoles are averaging less than 500 players as well... thats not a good sign.

Sign in to follow this