Spidernut

Extending the halloween event

Hey there! 

I am aware that a post like this already exists: 

Nevertheless, I felt like creating another thread about it.

At this moment, 128 people voted that it is ''Absurd That you Need to Play Ten out of Fourteen Days the Event is Active'' while 49 pressed ''No''.

Neither I had enough time from these fourteen days to play 10. 
I would love if the halloween event get's extended - even only for some days. 

Of course it's probably not fitting in the schedule because of gun game etc. 

Even if it's still going to end on the 13th, thanks for the event! 

Cheers

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

whoever decided that daily activities are the only way to level up a holiday event role, is some type of special

Edited by Deftonez
error
  • Like 5

I personally feel like 7 days should be the required amount to get all the rewards from epidemic.. the rest are just repeats of old events so there's not much to talk about there. I honestly think 10 is a bit absurd, but I don't think the event should be extended all because of that. That's just my opinion tho

fight club on missions districts is way better from the other fight clubs so I prefer that this mod will stay as long as possible

Edited by Bowie

6 hours ago, Deftonez said:

whoever decided that daily activities are the only way to level up a holiday event role, is some type of special

No it's good idea but half of dailies doesn't relate to what is progressing in-game. Expect "win 1 match" nothing encourage you to actually trying to win match against other players... instead some... especially one, takes your eyes away from objective of event (Kill 3 barrel carriers, kill 10 enemies while near barrels) and usually they have so NARROW specifications (you need to be near small barrel which constantly explodes for god knows why, you need to kill someone stupid enough to still carry barrel while you shot at them - when people drop it on ground instantly...) that you usually need to ask someone to help you out with objective outside your faction.

It sound silly but my casual is almost at that (tried to do it legit for lulz) - but already 4 times this kind of "dailies" showed up so I had to pass them. Result is that who knows if in Monday my casual will have epidemic 8 or not...

Edited by Mitne
  • Like 2

There is the gun play event coming before Christmas, so i dont i agree on extending the halloween event.

14 minutes ago, Mitne said:

(Kill 3 barrel carriers)

Vehicles with a barrel inside should have counted as a "barrel carrier". Would have made that task way more productive towards the mission. 

6 hours ago, Deftonez said:

This.

There is like very little incentive to play the event after the daily is complete. Helps when progressing alts on their daily, but not everyone has 11 alts so you either quit, go back to normal San Paro, or the option which seems most of the playerbase enjoys; start trolling the remaining players by blowing up friendly vehicles at spawn.

I'd like the event to be extended, just because of the cooldown between progression to scratch that completion itch.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KnifuWaifu said:

This.

There is like very little incentive to play the event after the daily is complete. Helps when progressing alts on their daily, but not everyone has 11 alts so you either quit, go back to normal San Paro, or the option which seems most of the playerbase enjoys; start trolling the remaining players by blowing up friendly vehicles at spawn.

Agreed, even though the event is fun in itself, just looking at it from a "rewarding" standpoint it has very little after completing one's daily there.

I personally will be off the final reward by 1 day which - sure you can say its my own fault for not playing in time - still is somewhat frustrating.
Some people just don't have the time to play 10 out of 14 days, which is why I'd love if the event time gets extended by maybe a few days

Edited by Kiihmo
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Kiihmo said:

Agreed, even though the event is fun in itself, just looking at it from a "rewarding" standpoint it has very little after completing one's daily there.

I personally will be off the final reward by 1 day which - sure you can say its my own fault for not playing in time - still is somewhat frustrating.
Some people just don't have the time to play 10 out of 14 days, which is why I'd love if the event time gets extended by maybe a few days

Yeah, there's the fun too. All in all this event has been great, despite the different way of earning progression, it has been really fun and I will miss it when it disappears. 

Although whether part of the fun was due to it being a fairly active event thanks to the daily progression style or not I can't tell. On the flip side had the weekend warrior types been able to bang out all ranks of the epidemic event in a weekend, no doubt the fuller time players would have gotten it done in the first few days too, so maybe that would have made for a dead event once the weekend arrived. I'll never know, really, unless the event is extended and we see a massive drop in players as more and more complete their epidemic rank and have little incentive to keep playing. 

• Like 3

The event would have been far better if you could have done up to 3 activities per day.

Would keep people playing for a decent amount of time (Players wouldn't grind to finish and then abandon immediately) but also allows people to not be entirely helpless if they miss a few days.

Additionally some of the activities are somewhat counter-productive, or rely on a fair bit of chance. 

Edited by Lord Cashpoint
  • Like 5

What's absurd is the fact some levels require you do 2 daily's.

@MattScott Here's an idea (though may be tricky)

tl;dr "Extend event by 1-3 days I'm 1 daily away from max lvl 8"

Each Toxin agent (there are 2) give different daily's and depending on what team your on they are all different

Just a quick mock up idea

There 6 toxin agents and 8 daily activities

so Let's just say

Undedox has 2 daily's 

Agent 1 = Poison Pusher

Agent 2 = Clean Up

Zombicine has 2 daily's 

Agent 1 = Triple Toxication

Agent 2 = Infectious Personality

and 

Necrocite has 2 daily's 

Agent 1 = Germ Guard

Agent 2 = Contagion Convoy

Leaving only Final Stand & Corruption Check of course these would rotate each day and if your nearly done for example "10000 barrel stack damage" you just keep playing till you get the team that had that daily and daily's should save progress.

P.S anyone have a screenshot (or has the daily right now) of "Final Stand"

Talking about the page that looks like this.

977F2FA51F73C37B4823F30D8D3B9AF04CE3B9B0

yep , even tho i finished the role , i think it's still  really unfair to have an event that requires so much consecutive days to complete  and that stays only for such a short ammount of time

Hi everyone,

We have paid attention to the reaction to how the Dailies worked with Epidemic, and we won't (hopefully) be making those mistakes in the future.

Unfortunately we cannot extend the event due to other things we have planned.
We did end up giving away an extra weapon skin to anyone who logged in.

I am sorry to anyone who wasn't able to fully level their Epidemic rank.

Thanks,
Matt

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

By daily. the odds of acquiring it is very slim since the daily spams the 100 joker tickets to often.

what skin is being released per say, for the daily objective? I've already maxed out the epidemic and have claimed all I can but, the 100 tickets mission is the reason I left.

8 minutes ago, IRyanI said:

By daily. the odds of acquiring it is very slim since the daily spams the 100 joker tickets to often.

what skin is being released per say, for the daily objective? I've already maxed out the epidemic and have claimed all I can but, the 100 tickets mission is the reason I left.

The daily objective has the Halloween Bats skin, but a login reward was added so that people would be able to get all 3 of the new skins (if they did the work for it)

3 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi everyone,

We have paid attention to the reaction to how the Dailies worked with Epidemic, and we won't (hopefully) be making those mistakes in the future.

Thanks,
Matt

Is this event going to be held again next year?

If so the ones who could not complete this event from the first few days being problematic could try again next year at least as a consolation prize

• Like 1

That really sucks... My father was in the hospital (he's doing a bit better now) and I didn't even have a chance to try and get the event finished... I was finally able to play again on Saturday thinking I could grind the event like we were able to in the past... but unfortunately that wasn't the case.. because of this timer... I was only able to do the daily's every 12 maybe 15 hours... I was also told by others, people who played for 5 years, they said when they tried playing the event the server was either crashing or down or just over populated. So the people who wanted to do this event didn't have a chance to because of these things that kept happening. I mean I can't log on all day and I'm sure it's the same about other people. It's not like I can have anyone go on my account for me because that's against Code of Conduct or whatever it's called... I don't mean to complain... but because of the glitch and ALL of the other things that were going on... it would've been nice to have a bit of extended time for the people who were WANTING to do this event... I have ALWAYS gotten excited when the Halloween Event was coming up.. Halloween is my favorite holiday afterall. But this year... everything that's happened.. I'm just disappointed.. 

Edited by Khaleesi

Just now, Khaleesi said:

That really sucks... My father was in the hospital (he's doing a bit better now) and I didn't even have a chance to try and get the event finished... I was finally able to play again on Saturday thinking I could grind the event like we were able to in the past... but unfortunately that wasn't the case.. because of this timer... I was only able to do the daily's every 12 maybe 15 hours... I was also told by others, people who played for 5 years, they said when they tried playing the event the server was either crashing or down or just over populated. So the people who wanted to do this event didn't have a chance to because of these things that kept happening. I mean I can't log on all day and I'm sure it's the same about other people. It's not like I can have anyone go on my account for me because that's against Code of Conduct or whatever it's called... I don't mean to complain... but because of the glitch and ALL of the other things that were going on... it would've been nice to have a bit of extended time for the people who were WANTING to do this event... 

technically this is a Halloween event however they could bring it back around march-ish when there are no real holidays so that some can try again.

5 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi everyone,

Thanks,
Matt

I have been playing event 15/15 days and didn't get wizard hat and clown mask. It seems unfair to me, I have been playing every single day the event and didn't get something that I wanted a lot. Can we have wizard hat and clown mask in armas this week for those who couldn't get it?

40 minutes ago, nonameloser said:

I have been playing event 15/15 days and didn't get wizard hat and clown mask. It seems unfair to me, I have been playing every single day the event and didn't get something that I wanted a lot. Can we have wizard hat and clown mask in armas this week for those who couldn't get it?

just get it next year.

5 hours ago, nonameloser said:

Can we have wizard hat and clown mask in armas this week for those who couldn't get it?

Honestly, we have so few players lately... I dont understand why everything isnt on ARMAS.

Literally how is LO paying their APB staff?

On 11/13/2018 at 5:51 AM, CookiePuss said:

Honestly, we have so few players lately... I dont understand why everything isnt on ARMAS.

Literally how is LO paying their APB staff?

They do have other games then just Apb.

6 hours ago, IRyanI said:

Which one is paying the bills?

13 hours ago, IRyanI said:

6 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Which one is paying the bills?

I'm curious about this as well but shouldn't we make a new thread for this new topic?