Sign in to follow this  
foscor77

how to retrieve apb folder after deleting it

i deleted the whole apb folder from my computer 2 days ago.

i did not uninstall it,just directly deleted the whole folder containing the game,and i keep apb folder out of steam's steamapps folder as i play apb without steam) i deleted it even from recycle bin so can anybody please suggest me some recovery software or any other way of retrieving it please? Downloading the game will take a lot of time on my slow internet....

edit - i posted in social by mistake so any mod please transfer it to tech section if possible.

Edited by foscor77

A hard-drive contains millions and billions of sectors, think of this as apartments in a city..

The softwares you speak of will only help if no new information were written on the sectors that had APB-files on them..

What does that mean? It means that there is a good chance you won't be able to recover the files with said software, because the hard-drive was being used for 2 days... Even if you recover some of the data, the launcher will force a repair on your APB-directory. Additionally, a software like that is usually payware and is not guaranteed to properly restore your files

The best way is to just re-download the game..

P.S: Do not uninstall games if you do not have fast internet to get them back.... unless you need the HDD space..

• Like 4

On 11/11/2018 at 12:32 AM, Lily Rain said:

A hard-drive contains millions and billions of sectors, think of this as apartments in a city..

The softwares you speak of will only help if no new information were written on the sectors that had APB-files on them..

What does that mean? It means that there is a good chance you won't be able to recover the files with said software, because the hard-drive was being used for 2 days... Even if you recover some of the data, the launcher will force a repair on your APB-directory. Additionally, a software like that is usually payware and is not guaranteed to properly restore your files

The best way is to just re-download the game..

P.S: Do not uninstall games if you do not have fast internet to get them back.... unless you need the HDD space..

Whoever downvoted the most reasonable and technically correct advise here is a special someone who needs to be put in a pen and studied for extra chromosomes. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KnifuWaifu said:

Whoever downvoted the most reasonable and technically correct advise here is a special someone who needs to be put in a pen and studied for extra chromosomes. 

Downvoters are abundant, so I dunno how special that kitten is. I did not notice any immediate downside from getting downvotes, so let 'em have some false sense of... whatever that is in their minds and feels~~

Thx~ ❤️❤️ 

unknown.png

• Like 1

Hey,

you can also recover files from the deleted folder by using DiskInternal Uneraser DataRecovery https://www.diskinternals.com/uneraser/. This data recovery software is 100% safe and offers you the easiest way to solve your problem. I was in your boots several times and DiskInternal Uneraser helped me. Good luck and happy playing:classic_cool: